It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Getting A Gun....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yep, I am booked in to attend the safety test in a fortnights time which is a pre-condition to applying for my long arm license.

Things in my neck of the woods have been in a state of chaos since new years eve. I live in a part of Australia that was heavily affected by the summers bushfires. Before we recovered there was covid lockdowns. Who knows what will be next?

These events have instilled a burning desire in me to become as self reliant as possible and part of this includes becoming a gun owner.

I want to learn to hunt deer, to shoot targets like a pro and know how to load, shoot and service rifles. I find it a hell of a lot of fun shooting targets, loading mags and learning more about them.

In Australia semi-automatic weapons are banned and have been for a long time so I am looking at acquiring a .223, 30-06 And 12 gauge all in straight pull bolt action.

Very excited and keen to start this journey

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Join the army if you wanna be a commando..
Leave the animal ( those that are left after the fires ) alone

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

It could be argued that the animals are running the MSM and political direction of Australia on behalf of the #in globalists, so old mate OP is right on the money in acquiring a firearms licence, lest Australia become what the globalists have planned for her - Port Arthur was a false flag - #changemymind.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The tens of thousands of feral pests destroying our native vegetation and homes for native wildlife? I wanna shoot a deer and see if it upsets me too much to get my own meat. If it does I'm not eating it anymore.

#DeerLivesMatter
edit on 2872020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 2872020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Sounds like your on your way to becoming a game hunter 12 ga for birds 30 06 for larger game and the .223 for plinking, does not sound like you want to be a commando to me just a game hunter for food.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

These events have instilled a burning desire in me to become as self reliant as possible and part of this includes becoming a gun owner.

Wisdom .

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It could be argued that the animals are running the MSM and political direction of Australia on behalf of the #in globalists, so old mate OP is right on the money in acquiring a firearms licence, lest Australia become what the globalists have planned for her - Port Arthur was a false flag - #changemymind.

Hard to argue with any of that. Althou ggh my reasons for gun ownership are more centred on self rwliqmce than self defence. In addition to the globalist who knows what China have planned for us? Biggest threat from them I see is taking out our power grid or water systems creating a situation where we may need to fend for ourselves for 3-6 months. Having a gun= food source.

link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Correct assessment.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Good for you!

I’ve never been a gun enthusiast. Was raised very neutral. 40 years with that mindset.

For some odd reason last year, I had the hit to buy guns. So I asked for them from my family for my birthday and Christmas. Got a 9mm and a Ruger .22 with scope out of it.

Next purchases are 30o6 and 12 gauge.

Look where we are just 8 months later. One of the most profound psychic insights of my life.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

The tens of thousands of feral pests destroying our native vegetation and homes for native wildlife? I wanna shoot a deer and see if it upsets me too much to get my own meat. If it does I'm not eating it anymore.

#DeerLivesMatter

Good, sound like you respect nature, go ahead then.
I just got a sour side towards hunters, lots of bad hunters in my area.. they shoot buck shots into flocks of animals, and leave lots of animals living with pellets in their body, dying a slow painful death.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Nice one!

I've never really been overly interested, family never had them etc. But the more exposure I've had the more interested I have gotten.....and it's just bloody fun to shoot a rifle and hit the spot you were aiming at!

I want a .223 Remington7

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Nah none of that, I absolutely love nature and animals. I would consider shooting pest species such as cats and pigs to aid in conservation efforts but not sure I would enjoy it to be honest.

I have a mate that hunts that tracks down deer then decides they look too beautiful to shoot and gets the same satisfaction from the stalk.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

Nice one!

I've never really been overly interested, family never had them etc. But the more exposure I've had the more interested I have gotten.....and it's just bloody fun to shoot a rifle and hit the spot you were aiming at!

I want a .223 Remington7

I use a Toyota. Ute Tray. Never fails. Fresh kills daily from other drivers in my neck of the woods.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was surprised to learn last week that you are allowed semi-autos here in Aus if you're a property owner. I spent the weekend popping away on a mate's cattle farm with a .22 Ruger and a 12 g Benelli. I haven't owned a firearm since John Howard crushed my Valmet Hunter and collection of SKS's but I'm thinking about getting back into it myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Nah none of that, I absolutely love nature and animals. I would consider shooting pest species such as cats and pigs to aid in conservation efforts but not sure I would enjoy it to be honest.

I have a mate that hunts that tracks down deer then decides they look too beautiful to shoot and gets the same satisfaction from the stalk.

Deer can also be pests.
Deer can also overrun an area so bad , they starve and become diseased.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

#DeerLivesMatter

Good, sound like you respect nature, go ahead then.
I just got a sour side towards hunters, lots of bad hunters in my area.. they shoot buck shots into flocks of animals, and leave lots of animals living with pellets in their body, dying a slow painful death.

Really ?
If that happens , they most definitely should have their hunting license pulled and are not "hunters" to begin with.
Why ?
They are too stupid to hunt with shotguns.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

By flocks you mean birds, if so then they need a good hunting dog for retrieval.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Deer are a pest here but they are nowhere near as destructive as, or decimate our native wildlife like feral dogs, cats and boar. Deer aren't native here.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Deer are a pest here but they are nowhere near as destructive as, or decimate our native wildlife like feral dogs, cats and boar. Deer aren't native here.

Here in Georgia , US where I am at , they hold a closed hunt that only ex- military special forces and SWAT Team members can participate.
The deer overpopulate the area so bad they begin to starve during the winter months and become hazardous to themselves .
The meat from this hunt , after being declared fit , is donated to local agencies to feed the hungry. (at least it used to be)
We also have problems with wild dogs , Russian boars (believe it or not) , coyotes , bear , etc. but that is a story for a different day and time.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I have heard and read about parts of the US where deer populations devoid of a natural apex predator like wolves have those problems you speak of.

Of our pests the worst are the feral cats as they are just killing machines and our poor little natives don't stand a chance. The biggest threat to humans are the wild boar because they are aggressive and will attack humans. Luckily they are not in my area yet but they are making their way down from NSW (New South Wales, the state Sydney is in) to the north of us.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join