It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Beginning There Was ()

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

This response to you is also my first response on the subject of the graffiti. So much of what I wrote here in this post is ... something which I may point people back to. I hope that's OK with you.

Certainly.

If we consider the possibility that the Big Bang is a singularity, just as Black Holes are considered to be singularities, the possibility that we , here and now, are still within that Event Horizon and hence time could be so distorted that what appears to us by our measurements to be billions of years, may be but and instant in the total context of existence itself

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

time is a concept created by man to understand his reality.

I watched a video done by an astrophysicist. He explained how time is a function of gravity which is a function of mass.

I understood it while he was saying it. But can't reconstruct it myself. So my uneducated mind sees time as related to movement. That's how we measure it, whether by sun dial, hour glass, pendulum, or atomic clock. Time is, with man or without man.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Like a time dilation?
I just had a strange thought. You know how people have a phrase "...and my whole life passed before my eyes."

What if, in the event horizon time dilation, all of what will be is being previewed?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Before the beginning there was the end , the beginning came from the end.

Would you care to expand on that?

I read what you wrote just before my last reply to Terry, so my strange thought was somewhat influenced by your statement.

edit on 28-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Historical and scientific journals are done based on facts,exhaustive tests and theories...not beliefs

The historical text of the bible don't count then it just show bias. never brought up scientific data, saying scientific is a straw man.
edit on 28-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

As far as ''previewed'' goes, I pretty much stay away from that stuff in an ultimate sense.I do consider making predictions based on past observances and speculating on similar concurrences in the future, but over all, the nature of cosmic preview I leave alone. I cannot wrap my head around how if that could be true then I would have to abandon the search for ''free will''. Do you see my dilemma there?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When Brahman awakes he creates space & time by merely imagining those ideas & concepts, when he goes to sleep everything that existed (including time itself) is destroyed - until the next awake cycle asf. Each of these cycles are called "Mahākalpa" or "Great Kalpa" in Hinduism.

-MM
edit on 28-7-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I thought Shiva was the destroyer not Brhama/creator Visnu/preserver.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I gues you all think the Whole world speaks English.....

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Maybe not the whole world but, we here in the ATS world do. If you have a problem with it, you may want to get a good language translator program.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Sorta-kinda everything from nothing, eh ?

You deserve a nice cuppa tea, because that OP was :
Be-You-Tea-Full !

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

if that could be true then I would have to abandon the search for ''free will''. Do you see my dilemma there?

I think I do. I've given up "free will" but not "will". Free will seems fantastical, as if people can do things that people clearly cannot, just because they will it hard enough.

On the other hand, I had the will to find a book I have just now. Not only did I consciously look for it, but I actually found it. Robert Wright, The Moral Animal: Why We Are The Way We Are. I read that book and wasn't completely satisfied. Sure a lot of our actions and reactions are pre-wired so to speak, as the book says. I don't think he explored the issue of the balance between pre-wiring, social milieu, and individual decisions very thoroughly.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Sorta-kinda everything from nothing, eh ?

I just re-read the copy of the graffiti posted on this thread. It appears that it can be interpreted that way. I'm not sure what the author intended by ().

I assumed that it did not mean void, because there was no void.
WoW! I don't even know what nothing is.

I can't find the clip from the movie. Maybe someone can find it.

If I remember correctly, things were disappearing a few things at a time. Eventually, there was nothing. A camera picture can only approximate nothing, because the camera itself requires space to be in.

I can't even remember whether the nowhere man was left in nowhere land when there was nothing else. But if so, that's kind of what I think of as () alone. Probably no colors, because no light.

Be you Fullatea.

edit on 28-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Raggedyman
Sometimes I think Christianity is wasted on Christians.

Gandhi said,
“Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you christians, you are not like him”

Funny, if you read my threads and posts and I am sure anyone who did, they would see that your comment is a common and sincere theme within
I go to church, know many christians, I see and here it first hand, left churches because of what I see and hear. That and I am one, so Pthena, nothing not obvious to me personally.

Now what I wrote, it was a simple gospel message of love
God created us for love
We sinned
Jesus took our sin to welcome us back
Should we just accept
It’s not but a simple answer to your narrative

As for should I live it exestentially, yes we agree, I try

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I go to church, know many christians, I see and here it first hand

See this note I made on another thread. I wrote it after watching some of a youtube video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and if you scroll up from there, you will see a picture of the pulpit I used to preach from.

I too know what Christians can be.
It was hard...very hard...to leave those people I loved.
It wasn't until I was teaching the Adult Sunday School and preaching "The Essentials of Christianity" that I became aware that I wasn't a Christian. So I had to go.

The situation which led to all that is that I had always, my whole life, been in a Christian milieu. That was the only worldview I knew. When I felt the ()pull to join the communion, I did. I thought I was a Christian for 20 years, because I thought that there were only two possible things to be, Christian or not Christian. No other option was available.

So I am very serious when I say: Christianity should never, ever be considered as the default worldview. Non Christians should not be considered rebellious enemies of you or your God.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

if that could be true then I would have to abandon the search for ''free will''. Do you see my dilemma there?

I think I do. I've given up "free will" but not "will". Free will seems fantastical, as if people can do things that people clearly cannot, just because they will it hard enough.

I had to tell you that when I got to the "friend" part of your last response to me, I got all heartwarmed lol. So that particular word choice had a true, good effect.

My will brought me to my shelf and came up with The World of Leonardo: 1452-1519 to remind myself some of what free will can lead to when prompted by extraordinary generative/imaginative prowess. I know there are limits, but am sure I haven't approached mine yet. I got a couple of photos for you.
(In the Beginning of the Summer--May 7--There was a wooden shed floor which here I tore up around May 20ish and put some seeds down)

I tried a bunch of different ways, even went as far as trying to resize a "before" pic, but oh well. The dramatic effect will have to be imagined.

edit on 28-7-2020 by zosimov because: wrong date

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

There are many who profess to be christian are really goats. It is not biblical to call oneself a christian, biblically other called a person a christian because they were Christ like. Paul chastised who said they were of such and such and he was glad he had not baptized any one.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Wow! Corn does grow fast.
I grew some corn by accident one time.

I had this plastic gun that shot little clay pellets. When I ran out of pellets, I used popcorn.
A couple of weeks later 5 or 6 stalks grew. Popcorn isn't like sweet corn at all. But no problem. The guinea pigs ate the whole stalks.

Is that the robin I see?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That's her!
I guess it's still any day there on those babies.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I go to church, know many christians, I see and here it first hand

See this note I made on another thread. I wrote it after watching some of a youtube video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and if you scroll up from there, you will see a picture of the pulpit I used to preach from.

I too know what Christians can be.
It was hard...very hard...to leave those people I loved.
It wasn't until I was teaching the Adult Sunday School and preaching "The Essentials of Christianity" that I became aware that I wasn't a Christian. So I had to go.

The situation which led to all that is that I had always, my whole life, been in a Christian milieu. That was the only worldview I knew. When I felt the ()pull to join the communion, I did. I thought I was a Christian for 20 years, because I thought that there were only two possible things to be, Christian or not Christian. No other option was available.

So I am very serious when I say: Christianity should never, ever be considered as the default worldview. Non Christians should not be considered rebellious enemies of you or your God.

Well we are opposite but similar
I am a christian, based on my faith in Jesus, call it any way you see fit

My biggest issue, people and their are many who claim christianity but have no clue what it means. No offence but it is people like you who do the greatest harm, you think there are only two options and accept christianity with no commitment, no personal expectations. Yeah, I have been there, not unfamiliar with your position.

Me, been to a few different churches, temples, studied and attended Buddhist meetings. I am a Christian and other christians say I am still searching, I am not, just interested in others beliefs and people. Plan to attend a mosque soon I hope. Don’t like Islam but have met lovely Muslims. I am here, I see many different beliefs. I am under no illusions about Christianity.

I have studied Christianity to some degree, have a solid theology I am very confident in, it can change, not fundamentalist, have learned love over the law

But, I can’t and won’t abide by false Christian theology posted by people, just can’t. Believe as you wish, I actually believe free will is a gift from God, you have been given it and I don’t have a right to interfere with that, your choice. The gospel message, shared not forced, free from politics and selfishness, a choice.

Christianity as a default? The worst of all ideals, I am glad christianity is slowly diminishing, it shows me the default “christians” are leaving and for that I am grateful, they have tainted christianity, I hope more default christians leave the church. It is not for everyone, never was, in fact Jesus warned about weeds in the fields.

I have read your comments, I don’t think you ever really understood christianity. Apologise for that, it’s the churches failure of this generation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join