It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo DaVinci was actually an alien

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Otherwise i am going to "invent" a thingajig that will take me to the fourth density.

The fourth density? Do you mean dimension?....you little rocket scientist you!

And as far as Da Vinci's well documented upbringing...so what? Abductions happen all the time...and happened all the time in the past. Who's to say his mother wasn't impregnated by a non-earth human? In Jesus' time they called that "immaculate conception.".....or was it just an immaculate deception?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
And as far as Da Vinci's well documented upbringing...so what? Abductions happen all the time...and happened all the time in the past. Who's to say his mother wasn't impregnated by a non-earth human? In Jesus' time they called that "immaculate conception.".....or was it just an immaculate deception?

Fine, is that what you're going with? Davinci's mother was abducted and impregnated by aliens, thus giving birth to Leonardo who is wise beyond his years??? I'm just trying to pinpoint why you think what you think, because using the excuse that he is ahead of his time as far as inventions is still ridiculous. But now I know where are coming from.

So, let me make sure I got this right for everyone else who may still be wodnering. From now on, anyone who has displayed thought and actions that are way ahead of their time, we can easily conclude that the mother of that person was abducted and impregnated by aliens. Everyone got that? Good...Lesson over

[edit on 15-3-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If looking for a concrete one though, the waterscrew comes to mind...though I think it might have been in use earlier...

It was earlier, ancient Greece, Archimedes, but DaVinci did do some work with the water screw.

I could not find anything DaVinci built, just lots of drawings.

[edit on 3/15/2005 by rwatkins]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So, let me make sure I got this right for everyone else who may still be wodnering. From now on, anyone who has displayed thought and actions that are way ahead of their time, we can easily conclude that the mother of that person was abducted and impregnated by aliens. Everyone got that? Good...Lesson over

Dah. It's called a THEORY! Ever heard of it? That's what this forum is for isn't it? If you disagree that's fine, but you don't need to be a dick about it. Nice Avatar by the way. Loved Boondock Saints!!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It was earlier, ancient Greece, Archimedes, but DaVinci did do some work with the water screw.

I could not find anything DaVinci built, just lots of drawings.

Thought I was remembering that not quite right, he did some kind of revised water screw, that I can't recall exactly, kind of an improvement on the design, that did go into use in Venice...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Nice Avatar by the way. Loved Boondock Saints!!

Well, at least we have something in common
Seriously though, I know I came off a bit cranky, but I just don't get how you got from point A to point B on this theory. If we use this theory that Davinci was an alien because he was years ahead of his time, then we would have to use it as a model for anyone else who displays the same attributes right? Then, what does that say for mankind? No one is capable of this kind of thought and genius beyond his/her years unless he is a alien? I just think that's a slap in the face to the brilliant minds like Davinci and those like him.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Then, what does that say for mankind? No one is capable of this kind of thought and genius beyond his/her years unless he is a alien? I just think that's a slap in the face to the brilliant minds like Davinci and those like him.

Maybe don't take me so seriously. It was just a theory. There haven't been many men like him. Hell, when Michael Jordan was at the peak of his game I thought he was an alien....he could do things on the court that seemed to defy anything humanly possible.....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It might just be me, but I'm getting the impression after reading Zabilgy's threads that he's taking the piss out of you cats. I may be wrong, but just throwing that out there.

Also, I am among this group of alien geniuses. I've drawn some semi-sweet pictures, have good taste in music, and I was born at Nellis Air Force Base.

Clearly, Leonardo has nothing on me. I always liked Donatello better anyway. A staff is cooler than two swords.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I just watched a special the other night where they took some of his drawings and going strictly by the drawings created his inventions he designed a glider for flying, it worked, they also created a robot from his design and it worked, they also said that all his anatomy and physiology drawings were right and that Nasa has used some of his ideas and designs. To say this guy was a ahead of his time is an understatement. I looked for a link about the show but could not find one, sorry I can't evn recall which channel it was on but I did find this.
www.mos.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
How about this thought, there has been many replications of the same being just under different names during the ages of existence.

N. Tesla, Da Vincci, Archemdies, Ed L. The designers of the pyramids at Giza, Plato, S. Hawkins etc

Maybe instead of thinking of them as Alien think bigger, think a non-time constrained intellectual being that for what ever reason is trying to inspire Mankind during periods of evalution for some ultimate prize. Some end idea or concept that needs all of these other "inventions" to be developed and to fall into place before the "end prize" can be created.

IMO each person on this planet has a specific key of knowledge to the entire mechanic of the universe. That is why if you get a room full of diverse people working on one common goal you can usually find a very unique and creative way to solve a problem regardless of how fantastic or extreme the problem is that you are trying to solve.

BUT in a rare case or maybe more then we know a being is created that has access to more information then usually possible more insight into the inner workings of the universe, either by choice (if said being is capable of retaining learned knowledge over several life spans) or if by some process that we have yet to identify or discover this being is able to exist outside of the physical realm, still retaining knowledge of the physical world and enter to live a lifetime as a human and exit upon the bodies death only to return at a later time of its choosing when the advancement of mankind and technology has reached a new threshold that will support the development of this beings" end prize" and then it gets born again as a human to continue on with it research or grand plan....

To develop a computer took many baby steps in technology along the way to achieve not only the architecture but the manufacturing process to build the architecture. So now today we have nano-processing and the ability to construct nano-machines of which their are great minds trying to figure out ways to put them to use. And let me tell you, someone, something in existence today, knows why they were developed and knows what next stepping stone their creation will lead to.

Its only a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Working models have been made from his drawings...

If looking for a concrete one though, the waterscrew comes to mind...though I think it might have been in use earlier...

yeah, i saw a documentary on this a while back... ur right
a glider that he drew up, they made it exacally in his drawing, i think they just gave it a little extra support so the person flying the thing was safe.
and guess what.. it worked!
it kinda had the same design as a plane wing, air takes longer to get over the top than the bottom

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
but common guys? it seemed abit fishy that some1 would come up with all of this way back then... just image someone talking about a fly machine back then??? let alone drawing designs for a... *WORKING* one.
not to mension that he theoriest something on blood swirling in the heart, i cant remember it very well, i saw a documentary on it a few years ago. but some doctors/surgens where studying and reading a few of his papers... and learned stuff that help them in open heart surgery.
pritty amashing, im not sure if he was a alien... but something is out of place

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Cheeser.....thanks for some excellent info. I like your concept in your first post about the different geniuses and how they may be different in some other way from the rest of us.

Some of Da Vinci's ideas were truly amazing considering the time period he lived in!!

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i would believe time traveler before alien for someone who is ahead of the curve. Read "Timeline" by Crichton, cool premise and a quick read. What if soomeone could go back in time and change the course of history as a general, not the supreme leader.

However, with your reference to DaVinci, it leads to no credibility even as a theory. Many of his inventions were created ahead of their time, and alot were created during a time when he was assisting with plans to win a war and defend a stronghold. DaVinci also created incredible aquaducts and such, but he did not introduce nuclear power. To me, that is as alien as velcro.

There was just an excellent documentary on about his inventions, and trying to recreate them in modern times.

Now, if you had said Jesus was an alien, and the north star was a UFO, I might listen.

Nice idea though....

[edit on 17-3-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Nice Avatar by the way. Loved Boondock Saints!!

Well, at least we have something in common
Seriously though, I know I came off a bit cranky, but I just don't get how you got from point A to point B on this theory. If we use this theory that Davinci was an alien because he was years ahead of his time, then we would have to use it as a model for anyone else who displays the same attributes right? Then, what does that say for mankind? No one is capable of this kind of thought and genius beyond his/her years unless he is a alien? I just think that's a slap in the face to the brilliant minds like Davinci and those like him.

I do not think that he was an alien but he "may" have had alien influence such as information given to him to accelerate our own evolution process. What ever the reason is for his many abilities, he was a very gifted and foresighted person.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Leonardo da Vinci Brief Biography

Da Vinci, was born in 1452 and lived to be 67 years old. He was a painter, sculptor, architect, town planner, inventor, scientist, writer, and a musician.

He was born in Anchiano Italy where his family had lived since the 13th century. In 1457 Leonardo moved in with his grandfather in Vinci, Italy. Here He went to school until the age of 14. Later in 1466 Leonardo moved to Florence, there he began an apprenticeship in the workshop of Andrea del Verrocchio. Verrocchio at this time was the most gifted artist in Florence. He was also a sculptor, painter, goldsmith, bronze caster and more. Leonardo stayed with Verrocchio's work shop long after his apprenticeship was over.

Family Tree

His family's coat of arms.

In 1516 Leonardo moved to France. King Francis invited him there to spend the last years of his life. There he died on 2 May 1519 in Amboise.

Leonardo da Vinci was not a Alien nor was he visitor from the future. He was a brilliant man with a amazing mentor.
I'm sure he is rolling in his grave over this debate that his ideas were not his own.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wait sorry...

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I dont think he was an alien but maybe he was blessed with some alien knowledge.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Bell must of been an alien he invented the telephone

I said DaVinci was an alien because he invented things that were ahead of his time and couldn't be made in his lifetime and weren't made until some 400+ years later.

Da Vinci was completely different than all these other individuals you mention!

It sounds very convincing when you word it like that, except there is one problem: Most of his inventions wouldn't have worked the way he drafted them. If he was an alien, with alien technology, don't you think he could have made a working helicopter, instead of just a nice drawing?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Or better yet, a working flying saucer and anti-gravitron 5000 beam?

I think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join