It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Deploys T-90 Tanks in Ladakh as Satellite Images Show Massive Military Build-up by China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Full title : India Deploys T-90 Tanks in Ladakh as Satellite Images Show Massive Military Build-up by China

I had hoped that the ongoing peace talks would stop the build up of military assets but evidently, "No such luck!"

With all the problems with COVID and the flooding going on in many places in Asia (particularly China) I would not put it past a government (CCP) to start some kind of military action to rile the population into a patriotic fever and deflect attention away from all the domestic problems.

New Delhi (Sputnik): Satellite images have captured an additional build-up of troops and equipment by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army in the Aksai Chin area. The Indian government has expedited weapons and troop deployment after making an assessment that PLA troops are preparing for a long and harsh winter in the Himalayas.

India has started deploying a squadron (12) of T-90 missile-firing tanks, armoured personnel carriers, and a full troop brigade (4,000 men) to Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) to prevent any possible Chinese incursion from the Shaksgam-Karakoram pass axis in the Ladakh region, as per military commanders quoted by the Indian news daily Hindustan Times.

The move has reportedly come after disengagement talks failed to topple the Chinese military build-up, wherein the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) deployed close to 50,000 troops in Aksai Chin.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

China's Type 99s vs Russian T-90s?

This should be interesting.

I think Type 99 has the edge on paper, but any battle will be decided by who owns the airspace, just like any other in this day of age.

edit on 28-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I know that there are a lot of peace treaties and other "contracts" between nations.
I know that not all nations actually do what they say they'll do...

Does anybody know off hand how many other countries will be obligated to get involved if China and India start a war?

Second question, aren't they the two most heavily populated countries on the planet?

Third question... What happens when a country as heavily populated as India goes to war? Wouldn't a strike on infrastructure cause massive famine, leading to actual plagues?

Fourth question, does China think they're immune to war? Don't they have a nearly collapsing dam threatening to drown half their population?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I think India lacks an effective helicopter attack force.

If their battle plans are anything like our own, tanks and choppers generally work together in any modern theatre of war.

China has about 280 attack helicopters whereas India only about 20.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Seems like a repeat of the continuous loop there.
Wash , rinse , repeat.
edit on 7/28/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If their battle plans are anything like our own Tanks and choppers generally work together in any modern theatre of war.

I think you are close to being spot on. China has almost 5 times the GDP of India (14 T versus 3 T) and on paper India is out classed in every department of military assets by a large margin. youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Its like 3rd largest power against the 4th.

China does indeed seem to have it on paper as you say.

Any air war would be interesting all the same, where a lot of Russian tech and military hardware would be facing off against one another.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Yeah but the Indians got their Sikh warriors and that's an advantage right

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

If their battle plans are anything like our own Tanks and choppers generally work together in any modern theatre of war.

I think you are close to being spot on. China has almost 5 times the GDP of India (14 T versus 3 T) and on paper India is out classed in every department of military assets by a large margin. youtu.be...

India has a very experienced and well trained military that prepares for war with China and Pakistan.

The People’s Liberation Army is a force that skimps on training, has little practical experience thanks to repeated doctrine changes, an incompetent officer corps that is more for rewarding political cronies & is subject to frequent purges, and the men are demoralised thanks to repeated pay and benefit cuts.

I think things would come down on Indias side personally.

As Saudi Arabia’s trainwreck in Yemen proves, you can have all the fancy toys in the world but it means little if nobody knows how to use them properly and the men are led by morons.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Should China make any aggressive move against one that might be able to hit a dam.....that is about to friggin bust open.....
edit on 28-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
They may end up de-populating each other while the rest of the world sits back and watches.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Let's just hope they don't end up irradiating a significant proportion of the planet by way of there depopulation shenanigans.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Let's just hope they don't end up irradiating a significant proportion of the planet by way of there depopulation shenanigans.

Good point. I don't think they will though, if China wants their resources they don't want to spoil them.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Well thats the real reason that retards the use of nukes.

There are simply no spoils of war to be had, or resources that could be harvested that don't glow in the dark for the better part of the next 1000 years.

Nobody wins at that game, but it's still a M.A.D world.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well thats the real reason that retards the use of nukes.

There are simply no spoils of war to be had, or resources that could be harvested that don't glow in the dark for the better part of the next 1000 years.

Nobody wins at that game, but it's still a M.A.D world.

"How about a nice game of chess?"

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It might be more like Chaturaji should the other players enter the game.

And let's face it they are already warming up on the sideline given the implications of conflict in the area.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Can’t imagine Pakistan not throwing a few rocks at India should China move in

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Can’t imagine Pakistan not throwing a few rocks at India should China move in

Another good point. It could be an interesting situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
China's military is world class at internal repression, that's for sure. There's a lot of skill involved in shooting protesters and scaring children, and all that.

In the mountainous areas that we are talking about, helicopter operations will be complicated due to altitude limitations, and fielding tanks very limited. I would hazard a guess that India has better mountain warfare troops and artillery. If the dispute turned hostile then I think the shiny new jack-booted Chinese may find themselves outclassed, but let’s hope level-heads prevail.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Tanks?

Nine countries currently have nuclear weapons: the US, UK, Russia, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea.

bbc link

Not the tanks and troops we need to worry about!
edit on 28-7-2020 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join