It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of teens go on chaotic rampage at Memphis putt-putt center

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just think, that young female is an American citizen and therefore actually has a constitutional right to bear arms.

Kinda makes me glad I live on the other side of the earth.. if I was being honest.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

She might be Ritalin registered 😎

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
People are nuts over here. I can see why some of the people of the world hate us.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like their learning from their parents that when you want something you cause a riot and destroy private property.

Somehow those white employees will be blamed for the racist machines taking money.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

As someone who lived in Memphis for 8 years, I can't say that I'm shocked at all. That whole city is a cesspool and deserves to collapse completely.

Edit: After reading the thread, and seeing folks comment on what kind of parents raised the teens in the video, my answer is they haven't been raised at all. This is normal life for the vast majority of the city. When I was living there about 10 years ago they were having issues finding police officers because of a requirement that all officers had to live in the city, which no one with the means to do so is going to do.

Then if you look at education there, you had two districts; Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools. Memphis City Schools were all run-down, bad teachers, no funding (in spite of having the highest tax rate in the state), and generally run by an inept school board. So, the city decides to vote to surrender their charter, which would leave Shelby County Schools as the ones in charge. They vote, the charter is surrendered, and then every single member of the Memphis City Schools board ran for election for board of Shelby County Schools. You now have 10+ school districts as the suburb towns that fell under Shelby County Schools formed their own districts in order to not be under the control of those jackasses.

I've felt safer in some legitimate third-world countries than I did anywhere in Memphis.
edit on 7/27/20 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Well there is such a thing as going to the attendent, explaining the situation and asking for a refund. I've had money eaten by arcade games, vending machines and such, every time i've talked to someone who worked there about it, they were more than happy to offer s refund, or come check out the machine.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenOr was Od n on it.who knows
edit on 27-7-2020 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Did you have kids attending school There?

Ours are in a private school.
The public school system here is a disgrace.
Our boy was in public school for a bit.
His younger sister was way ahead of him academicly in the private school, and is a grade below him.
We weren't having that, so we made him go to the same school.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Those darn Amish kids again...oh well

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't normally respond to OP's threads, But this is INSANITY. At a putt-putt center??

What does putt-putt have to do with anything? These people are being emboldened by something or some one...

Or, maybe they just hate putt-putt.

This is ridiculous. I see this kind of crap posted everywhere on the interwebs.
It's either gonna fade out as people get bored, or continue on the path of destruction thy're on now.

I'm guessing the latter.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You’re absolutely right..
She has the right to defend herself with a firearm.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If people keep acting like this then they should not be surprised that even more businesses move out of their neighborhood; leaving very little options for any type of commerce (grocery, retail, entertainment etc.). Not fun for people just wanting to live a calm life.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

No kids here, it was just on the news an awful lot around the time, and my wife's half sister was still in school at the time so it was a topic of conversation that came up frequently. My wife was born and raised in Memphis, and from what she's told me that if you end up there, you're pretty much stuck in that area. There's very little opportunity for anyone really, aside from FedEx, St. Jude, and I believe Autozone. Which most of the jobs on offer are low wage low skill ones, not to say you can't be successful there, but it's immensely more difficult than in other cities. Glad we were able to get out.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You’re confusing Nashville with Memphis. Memphis was Tennessee’s largest city since...well, always. Then white flight over the last two decades has eroded the city and Nashville is the state’s largest, Memphis second and Knoxville third.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The black girls were flowing off of BLM and riot energy.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You’re absolutely right..
She has the right to defend herself with a firearm.

Wait, what?

The black girl smashing and throwing # or the white female employee getting attacked by the angry kids throwing #?

The girl is too young to own a firearm sir. In either case, guns in this situation would be bad. The only defending would be shooting black kids throwing # and one could not argue that they feared for their life from 12 year old girls.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
When teenagers watch the childlike adults rioting for weeks on end without any consequences, of course things like this will happen. I'd expect to see lots of stories like this in the future.

This was my first thought. They’re just mimicking what they’ve seen flaunted on the news every night for the past 50 days as virtuous “protesting.”

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I wonder when businesses are going to start hiring armed security guards; as they do in many south American countries because they can not count on their police force and governments to protect them?
edit on 27-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not being in the US to most of the rest of the world it mean's Dolly Parton or some other country singer, never knew it had gotten bad.

Oh no Memphis is nothing like it was a hundred years ago. The closest thing to that is Nashville. 6 hours away.
Memphis is a ghetto. There’s not even a nice part anymore. Germantown sucks too.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
From the video description:

Between 300 and 400 teenagers who were at a Memphis, Tennessee mini-golf complex ended up going berserk after staff refused a refund over a faulty games machine.

Putt-Putt decided to close up shop because of overcrowding, then the chaos erupted once employees said they would not issue a refund—instantly turning the fun center into a frenzy zone

I mean... so they took everyone's money and then didn't offer services, and then refused to refund them? How is that not going to piss people off?

Before anyone's panties get in a bunch, I am NOT condoning the reaction to this. But surely there was a better way to handle this right? Why not just refund or hand out credits or something?

Also that looked like way, way less than 400 teenagers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join