It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Was Dragged Into An Argument

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

Good job responding to a post that wasn't directed at you. You already said you had breathing issues and masks were hard for you to wear so if it affects your O2 I'll take your word for it and would have never suggested you take this test. But your the exception not the rule so using your health issue to argue a post I made with another member is disingenuous. Wow the right loves to make it always about them.

Actually, my rely was to a post directed at me. I simply added in a response to the outright lie you stated to another poster.

And here's a hint: it is about me! Believe it or not, I am a citizen of this country as much as you are. Believe it or not, I have the same rights as you do. You want to make it about you and then claim I am doing what you are obviously doing... yeah, I smell Democrat. Same ol' MO.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Aint that the unmasked truth?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm from the Redneck Riviera.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Good job responding to a post that wasn't directed at you. You already said you had breathing issues and masks were hard for you to wear so if it affects your O2 I'll take your word for it and would have never suggested you take this test. But your the exception not the rule so using your health issue to argue a post I made with another member is disingenuous. Wow the right loves to make it always about them.

Actually, my rely was to a post directed at me. I simply added in a response to the outright lie you stated to another poster.

And here's a hint: it is about me! Believe it or not, I am a citizen of this country as much as you are. Believe it or not, I have the same rights as you do. You want to make it about you and then claim I am doing what you are obviously doing... yeah, I smell Democrat. Same ol' MO.

TheRedneck

Well your sense of smell is gone so you should probably get tested for COVID.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I am absolutely not wearing the masks. I've found stores will let you get by if you wear one in the door, take it off and carry it around. It helps to carry a bottled drink in one hand, as you can always falsely claim you were simply taking a drink.

Still healthy, still uninfected. Still don't know a single person who is sick.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Nyiah

...And smoking a cigarette the whole time. The 1990’s were the end of freedom in America.

Ha, I do remember the occasional person smoking while strolling through (dating myself here, since I haven't seen one in YEARS) Food Lion, and even Winn-Dixie a few times.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

so just wear a mask voluntarily, the virus goes away and they have no reason to require a vaccine or tracking.

And if the virus doesn't go away?

Smallpox, Chicken Pox, Ebola, Polio, SARS, mumps, measles, influenza, the common cold... which of those have "gone away"?

TheRedneck

ATS has some of the worst arguments ever. Unfortunately we missed the boat on diverting this disaster on our own due to all the crazy conspiracy people and their loony pres decrying masks and screaming about their constitutional right to go to a bar. By go away I meant be at a manageable level where the whole country doesn't need a vaccine because we've allowed it to spiral out of control. Great argument though, the anti science right as allowed the new Polio to take over and now they have something else to spin a conspiracy about. Take a bow.

< sigh > You're making me go there on this....

That's called natural immunity, ya bumbling dingdong. That natural immunity goal is precisely the reason a highly questionable, highly rushed vaccination would not be needed.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

so just wear a mask voluntarily, the virus goes away and they have no reason to require a vaccine or tracking.

Smallpox, Chicken Pox, Ebola, Polio, SARS, mumps, measles, influenza, the common cold... which of those have "gone away"?

TheRedneck

ATS has some of the worst arguments ever. Unfortunately we missed the boat on diverting this disaster on our own due to all the crazy conspiracy people and their loony pres decrying masks and screaming about their constitutional right to go to a bar. By go away I meant be at a manageable level where the whole country doesn't need a vaccine because we've allowed it to spiral out of control. Great argument though, the anti science right as allowed the new Polio to take over and now they have something else to spin a conspiracy about. Take a bow.

That's called natural immunity, ya bumbling dingdong. That natural immunity goal is precisely the reason a highly questionable, highly rushed vaccination would not be needed.

Yea, the whole herd immunity argument is working out great. Once everyone that needs to die from COVID dies we'll be immune. Solid logic.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Yea, the whole herd immunity argument is working out great. Once everyone that needs to die from COVID dies we'll be immune. Solid logic.

That's how it works. Most catch something & gain immunity, while a very tiny fraction kicks off. Such is life, deal with it. Not everything is clad in miles of assured bubble-wrap for you, kiddo.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That's how these things work. Its a virus. Nothing we mere mortals can do other than develop a questionable vaccine that will yield questionable results.

But since 99% of us aren't at risk, what's the problem?

You mean the old and sick might die? Tell me something I don't know we're always at risk of dying. Every time cold and flu season rolls around there's this risk. Every time some new creepy crawly slithers out of china and gets into the mainstream world there's this risk.
edit on 7/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

TheRedneck

That's how it works. Most catch something & gain immunity, while a very tiny fraction kicks off. Such is life, deal with it. Not everything is clad in miles of assured bubble-wrap for you, kiddo.

Lol, no worries it's fun to read the stories when your side catches COVID, sets up a go fund me wanting a hand out, begs for attention and does a news story about how they were wrong and now want everyone to wear a mask.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This post exemplifies one of the greatest false notions the modern left holds: namely, that life and success are somehow assured. They point to our founding documents, which indeed give every American the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But they then twist this out of context of saying the government can't deny us these things into somehow meaning *the government must provide us these things* which is of course a joke since no person or government has that kind of power in the first place.

Tommorow isn't guaranteed. Your life isn't guaranteed. Your success isn't guaranteed.

It happens. Take risks. Gamble. Roll the dice and try your luck, you might just be surprised at what you *an individual* can accomplish and achieve for yourself. All without big daddy government holding your hand, wrapping everything in plastic and constantly reassuring you that you are big daddy government's special little guy

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Haven't seen any of those things. Also don't know a single person who is sick.

The latest chinavirus is a non-issue. Oh wait, it's not even the LATEST epidemic disease to come out of that place. There have been TWO more at least since SARS2.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Lol, no worries it's fun to read the stories when your side catches COVID, sets up a go fund me wanting a hand out, begs for attention and does a news story about how they were wrong and now want everyone to wear a mask.

This is so pretzeled that I'm not sure which party you're targeting here. Free hand-outs, attention-whoring and high-pressure conformity demands are definitely a solid hard/far left thing right now.

It's those folks (read: kids, they're spoiled 20 year old brats) I firmly believe are in dire need of a hard reality slap from universe. Not getting everything handed to them on a silver platter because they cried foul & demanded it is a good start. They need to learn how to be functional adults, not mouthy grifters.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

At the very least, one should weigh the pros and cons of erasing his individuality, hiding his face from the world, and the unintended consequences that may result. But one should resist any government-mandated article of clothing, no matter what it may be. Those are powers no state should possess.
edit on 30-7-2020 by CitizenZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think you are being sarcastic but...

I don't believe you think that cause you've already demonstrated
a willingness to lie. Concerning important matters I find that atrocious
and ask you to disregard all of my posts. I won't respond to you further.

edit on 30-7-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Symbology!!!!

STFU

And still nobody believes their governments are for governing mentalities.
They call you zombies for a reason you know.
They made your thinking and now the want to adjust it radically because too many are trying to thi k for themselves.

The truth is out there but good luck trying to find it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Which we learned our lessons with the whole seatbelt thing.

It was promised it'd never be a primary offense. It is.

It's a common excuse to initiate contact and ferry out other violations of law.

It's also quite ridiculous. My safety is my business, not the Gov job to steal my money at gun point if I don't choose to wear it

FWIW 30 years of riding in police vehicles I never wore one. Had to keep access to my weapon at all times. Fast exists. Etc.

Never wrote a single ticket for it eother

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

TheRedneck

Well, we wouldn't know would we, as we haven't tried the "herd immunity" approach yet.

Everyone that *needs* to die?

Who are you talking about? Your friends and/or family?

Because if you're talking about my friends - I have news for you:

My friends don't play when things get serious.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Well, we wouldn't know would we, as we haven't tried the "herd immunity" approach yet.

Excuse me? We have to "try" herd immunity? Since when?

Herd immunity is happening as we speak. It's not something that some scientist does when all else fails. It simply describes what always happens normally with any highly infectious disease that does not wipe out the species. No one "tries" herd immunity; it just happens.

Herd immunity will occur when hospitalizations for and deaths directly attributable to the virus drop down to low levels. I believe we're actually getting close.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join