It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Was Dragged Into An Argument

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The meme basically translates to me a systematic way of introducing control. Like a herd of sheep. Watch and track every single move. You're no longer a person but rather a number in a system, that they control.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I’m a fan of a red bandana and Beretta on my hip. I always get my change at Kroger without a discussion over it as well. Maybe it is because I have that special look in my eyes that says I have no problem shooting thieves.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I’m a fan of a red bandana and Beretta on my hip. I always get my change at Kroger without a discussion over it as well. Maybe it is because I have that special look in my eyes that says I have no problem shooting thieves.

There is a rampant run of Kroger cashiers stealing peoples change? I've never had to discuss it and I've never not got my change. All with out needing to carry a gun in a grocery store like a goof.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

We're all so happy for you!!!

Really.

I hope you never need one, too...and that Kroeger cashiers never rip you off.

Though, if you can't figure out that someone is speaking in a somewhat over the top manner...you may want to count your change a bit closer.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

It helps you from spreading it even if it's not 100% so just do it grumpy.

No, I am not going to "just do it." I have a medical reason not to; I'll collapse in a few minutes. How do I know? I tried wearing a loose-fitting cloth mask at home. I timed it; two minutes in and I was already unsteady on my feet.

How about YOU try wearing one if you are so worried about it? Or, why don't YOU try not going around other people? After all, YOU are the one worried about a damn cold, not me. I am not legally responsible for ensuring you don't get sick.

Oh, and if you really want to force this "grumpy" old redneck to wear a mask so you can cavort around without catching a cold... I strongly suggest you think again. I may be old and I may be in bad health, but I can and will ensure that anyone trying that crap with me regrets their decision. I've been to jail before... just a thang.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

First we were told that masks only work on healthcare professionals, hence people didn't need them and only those who work in healthcare should have them...

Then Fauci told us that we should ban handshakes but that it is okay to have sex with a stranger and you won't get COVID-19...

Then we were told even by left-wing media that the numbers of infected and deaths from COVID-19 are being inflated on purpose, but we are being told the U.S. has the most deaths and infections from COVID-19 while ignoring the fact that the media admitted the numbers are being inflated on purpose...

Now they tell us we must have masks if we want to continue life as normal...

Lie after lie, after lie, after lie...

edit on 29-7-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Then Fauci told us that we should ban handshakes but that it is okay to have sex with a stranger and you won't get COVID-19...

Well, he works for the government. If the government had to personally know everybody before they screwed them, they'd run out of tax money before noon on the first day of the fiscal year annually.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Riffrafter

Interesting take - now if we could only figure out how masks equate to 666, we'd be in the end times for sure.

Ya you and that mouse in your pocket work on that for a while
will ya? I'll be back check on you two.

Sorry buddy.

Different union.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Then take the rest of the day off with pay.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

ATS has some of the worst arguments ever. Unfortunately we missed the boat on diverting this disaster on our own due to all the crazy conspiracy people and their loony pres decrying masks and screaming about their constitutional right to go to a bar. By go away I meant be at a manageable level where the whole country doesn't need a vaccine because we've allowed it to spiral out of control. Great argument though, the anti science right as allowed the new Polio to take over and now they have something else to spin a conspiracy about. Take a bow.

edit on 7/30/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Then take the rest of the day off with pay.

Ha!

Back at ya!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What's the diff between a mask and "no shirt, no shoes, no service"?

(1) you can't breath as well with a mask
(2) you are breathing bad air with a mask
(3) you can hide your identity (kind of) with a mask
(4) personally, I begin to have a bad headache after having a mask on after about 15-20 minutes, so I will not be able to wear one all day as required. Therefore, because of the mask requirements, I am now scrambling to figure out how to work from home on my computer (and make a living).

*probably lots of other differences as well, but it's late and I'm tired.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I've heard it twice on one of the conservative talk radio shows.
Can't remember which ones because I listen to one after the
other drive'n everyday.

So any way on two different shows one was most likely
Hannity with Dr. Oz. While the other show was a virologist?
Yes that's right.

So what they were saying stayed with me because it made think.

Why are the telling us to wear a damn mask? When they haven't
any concern for the adverse effects it may have? They don't give
any kind of guidelines that inform us of risk. Seems incompetent
and what the two sources said you don't hear very much of obviously.

I heard it twice in four months of driving everyday for close to eleven
hours. I like talk radio and don't believe I've read it anywhere.

They said wearing a mask absolutely from your first breath creates
a different mix of oxygen you're taking in. So I guess the CO2 you
exhale gets taken back in with less oxygen when you inhale.
So you're immediately getting less oxygen to your brain. Compound
that over long periods of time? You could collapse or die or both.

I remember after hearing that there was another rig come'n along
side me. I glanced as he passed and he had on one of those damn
masks.

Now think about that. there's people out there today drive'n around
with these things on depleting the oxygen in their head. Do'n what
they're told by people I have never given the slightest bit of
credibility and never will. But over long periods of time wearing it
everyday for hours.

Hello dain bramage anyone? Or they pass out or even die at the wheel.

And let me tell ya, seen a few results of drivers that die behind the wheel.
Heart attack. And ya it is something you don;t wanna see.

There are people out there driven around all alone in their car windows
up. And they got that pos mask on. I just wanna pull it away from their
face and let it snap back right in their face.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What's the diff between a mask and "no shirt, no shoes, no service"?

(1) you can't breath as well with a mask
(2) you are breathing bad air with a mask
(3) you can hide your identity (kind of) with a mask
(4) personally, I begin to have a bad headache after having a mask on after about 15-20 minutes, so I will not be able to wear one all day as required. Therefore, because of the mask requirements, I am now scrambling to figure out how to work from home on my computer (and make a living).

*probably lots of other differences as well, but it's late and I'm tired.

You really believe #2? So surgeons, constructions workers lab techs and many others have worn mask for hours on end the majority of their work days for decades with no side effects but suddenly now wearing masks are bad for you? You realize your still exhaling through the mask just like you are inhaling though it. The mask allows air to pass though, it doesn't trap it. Wear a mask with an O2 meter on then take the mask off and be amazed at how nothing changes.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It helps you from spreading it even if it's not 100% so just do it grumpy.

No, I am not going to "just do it." I have a medical reason not to; I'll collapse in a few minutes. How do I know? I tried wearing a loose-fitting cloth mask at home. I timed it; two minutes in and I was already unsteady on my feet.

How about YOU try wearing one if you are so worried about it? Or, why don't YOU try not going around other people? After all, YOU are the one worried about a damn cold, not me. I am not legally responsible for ensuring you don't get sick.

Oh, and if you really want to force this "grumpy" old redneck to wear a mask so you can cavort around without catching a cold... I strongly suggest you think again. I may be old and I may be in bad health, but I can and will ensure that anyone trying that crap with me regrets their decision. I've been to jail before... just a thang.

TheRedneck

I do wear a mask and socially distance. And I'm young with little to worry about but I do it for others as I could have COVID and not know it. You know, because I'm not a self absorbed conspiracy grump. And it's more than a cold but you probably think demons still your semen also. If a mask gives you that much trouble I sincerely hope you don't get COVID as it will be worse than a mask. Wow a moderator who threatens people. No wonder ATS is closing.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I've heard it twice on one of the conservative talk radio shows.
Can't remember which ones because I listen to one after the
other drive'n everyday.

So any way on two different shows one was most likely
Hannity with Dr. Oz. While the other show was a virologist?
Yes that's right.

So what they were saying stayed with me because it made think.

Why are the telling us to wear a damn mask? When they haven't
any concern for the adverse effects it may have? They don't give
any kind of guidelines that inform us of risk. Seems incompetent
and what the two sources said you don't hear very much of obviously.

I heard it twice in four months of driving everyday for close to eleven
hours. I like talk radio and don't believe I've read it anywhere.

They said wearing a mask absolutely from your first breath creates
a different mix of oxygen you're taking in. So I guess the CO2 you
exhale gets taken back in with less oxygen when you inhale.
So you're immediately getting less oxygen to your brain. Compound
that over long periods of time? You could collapse or die or both.

I remember after hearing that there was another rig come'n along
side me. I glanced as he passed and he had on one of those damn
masks.

Now think about that. there's people out there today drive'n around
with these things on depleting the oxygen in their head. Do'n what
they're told by people I have never given the slightest bit of
credibility and never will. But over long periods of time wearing it
everyday for hours.

Hello dain bramage anyone? Or they pass out or even die at the wheel.

And let me tell ya, seen a few results of drivers that die behind the wheel.
Heart attack. And ya it is something you don;t wanna see.

There are people out there driven around all alone in their car windows
up. And they got that pos mask on. I just wanna pull it away from their
face and let it snap back right in their face.

I think you are being sarcastic but... So surgeons, constructions workers lab techs and many others have worn mask for hours on end the majority of their work days for decades with no side effects but suddenly now wearing masks are bad for you? You realize your still exhaling through the mask just like you are inhaling though it. The mask allows air to pass though, it doesn't trap it. Wear a mask with an O2 meter on then take the mask off and be amazed at how nothing changes.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

First of all, in the post directly above this one, you make a completely false statement:

Wear a mask with an O2 meter on then take the mask off and be amazed at how nothing changes.
I have, and yes, something changed. Maybe not to a major degree for some, but there was enough change to matter in my situation. Stop lying... neither of us are doctors.

Incidentally, I was testing with a bandana... the same thing I have worn in the past when sealing with noxious fumes. The least restrictive face covering I know of. Blood O2 levels changed.

I do wear a mask and socially distance. And I'm young with little to worry about but I do it for others as I could have COVID and not know it. You know, because I'm not a self absorbed conspiracy grump.

Great! Fantastic! Wonderful! You can wear that mask 24/7 and I will not complain about that. Hell, wear a Hazmat suit for all I care. If you think you are inherently filthy, who am I to argue?

You don't get to decide what I wear.

And it's more than a cold but you probably think demons still your semen also.

It is a coronavirus, a member of a family of virii characterized by a series of appendages / projections that resemble a crown (aka "corona")... at least in the minds of some researchers. Looks more like a cuckleburr to me, but to each their own.

As a member of the coronavirus family, it is comparable to a cold. Colds are caused by both rhinovirii and coronavirii. As far as severity goes, in the vast majority of cases the symptoms are so mild that they pale beside a common cold. In a few patients, especially those with compromised immunity, lung disease, or the elderly, this virus tends to create a cytokine storm that leads to pneumonia, as well as produce one particular protein that, when introduced to the bloodstream, can replace the iron in hemoglobin and cause acute anemia that damages various organs. The cytokine storm issue can be treated with various zinc-based therapies that improve the body's ability to respond to infection, including the one that includes hydroxychloroquine. The blood issue is more severe, but avoiding or at least miimizing intensity of ventilator use seems to be effective for that.

And you likely didn't understand one single word of that. All you can probably figure out is that "Smart guy say wear mask... Ug wear mask. Ug not want to die."

Son, these are not the auditions for "Idiocracy II."

If a mask gives you that much trouble I sincerely hope you don't get COVID as it will be worse than a mask.

Actually, I have made the statement already that "I would rather die from this damn virus than live with it." And I'm serious. I'm also serious when I say, "If it wants to kill me, it better pack a whole bunch of lunches."

You know absolutely nothing about me. You're young and healthy, huh? I'll put my natural immunity up against yours any day of the week. My lungs are perfectly healthy, probably stronger than yours. That's not the only medical reason there is that contraindicates wearing a mask. Thank goodness you're not a doctor... you'd be leaving a trail of dead patients behind you as you desperately try to avoid one specific disease that has an abysmal death rate.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow a moderator who threatens people.

Seeing as you just joined, I'll be nice enough to let you in on something: at ATS, moderators are allowed to post as members, and are forbidden from acting as moderators in threads were they do so. You might want to keep that in mind. See the box around this part of my reply? We don't always use that box, but it is still in effect.

That wasn't a threat in any case. It was more along the lines of a warning. Since you're young, I'll give you a little tip: You are going to come across people in your life who don't agree with you. Most will be fine with that. However, many will take exception when you decide it's a good time to force your opinions down their throat, especially when those opinions can do them harm. Push hard enough, and eventually someone is going to rearrange your tonsils before all is said and done, and likely it will be some old guy who, moments earlier, you didn't think could even throw a punch.

That's not a threat. It is something people of my generation just understood before they were age 12. Apparently today's youth can't figure it out.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

First of all, in the post directly above this one, you make a completely false statement:

Wear a mask with an O2 meter on then take the mask off and be amazed at how nothing changes.
I have, and yes, something changed. Maybe not to a major degree for some, but there was enough change to matter in my situation. Stop lying... neither of us are doctors.

Incidentally, I was testing with a bandana... the same thing I have worn in the past when sealing with noxious fumes. The least restrictive face covering I know of. Blood O2 levels changed.

I do wear a mask and socially distance. And I'm young with little to worry about but I do it for others as I could have COVID and not know it. You know, because I'm not a self absorbed conspiracy grump.

Great! Fantastic! Wonderful! You can wear that mask 24/7 and I will not complain about that. Hell, wear a Hazmat suit for all I care. If you think you are inherently filthy, who am I to argue?

You don't get to decide what I wear.

And it's more than a cold but you probably think demons still your semen also.

It is a coronavirus, a member of a family of virii characterized by a series of appendages / projections that resemble a crown (aka "corona")... at least in the minds of some researchers. Looks more like a cuckleburr to me, but to each their own.

As a member of the coronavirus family, it is comparable to a cold. Colds are caused by both rhinovirii and coronavirii. As far as severity goes, in the vast majority of cases the symptoms are so mild that they pale beside a common cold. In a few patients, especially those with compromised immunity, lung disease, or the elderly, this virus tends to create a cytokine storm that leads to pneumonia, as well as produce one particular protein that, when introduced to the bloodstream, can replace the iron in hemoglobin and cause acute anemia that damages various organs. The cytokine storm issue can be treated with various zinc-based therapies that improve the body's ability to respond to infection, including the one that includes hydroxychloroquine. The blood issue is more severe, but avoiding or at least miimizing intensity of ventilator use seems to be effective for that.

And you likely didn't understand one single word of that. All you can probably figure out is that "Smart guy say wear mask... Ug wear mask. Ug not want to die."

Son, these are not the auditions for "Idiocracy II."

If a mask gives you that much trouble I sincerely hope you don't get COVID as it will be worse than a mask.

Actually, I have made the statement already that "I would rather die from this damn virus than live with it." And I'm serious. I'm also serious when I say, "If it wants to kill me, it better pack a whole bunch of lunches."

You know absolutely nothing about me. You're young and healthy, huh? I'll put my natural immunity up against yours any day of the week. My lungs are perfectly healthy, probably stronger than yours. That's not the only medical reason there is that contraindicates wearing a mask. Thank goodness you're not a doctor... you'd be leaving a trail of dead patients behind you as you desperately try to avoid one specific disease that has an abysmal death rate.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow a moderator who threatens people.

Seeing as you just joined, I'll be nice enough to let you in on something: at ATS, moderators are allowed to post as members, and are forbidden from acting as moderators in threads were they do so. You might want to keep that in mind. See the box around this part of my reply? We don't always use that box, but it is still in effect.

That wasn't a threat in any case. It was more along the lines of a warning. Since you're young, I'll give you a little tip: You are going to come across people in your life who don't agree with you. Most will be fine with that. However, many will take exception when you decide it's a good time to force your opinions down their throat, especially when those opinions can do them harm. Push hard enough, and eventually someone is going to rearrange your tonsils before all is said and done, and likely it will be some old guy who, moments earlier, you didn't think could even throw a punch.

That's not a threat. It is something people of my generation just understood before they were age 12. Apparently today's youth can't figure it out.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

TheRedneck

Good job responding to a post that wasn't directed at you. You already said you had breathing issues and masks were hard for you to wear so if it affects your O2 I'll take your word for it and would have never suggested you take this test. But your the exception not the rule so using your health issue to argue a post I made with another member is disingenuous. Wow the right loves to make it always about them.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Welp. Nobody dragged you into some unmasked vehicle, enjoy the little things in life!
edit on 30-7-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

There is a reason for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join