It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Was Dragged Into An Argument

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: SaturnFX

www.npr.org...
www.latimes.com...
www.dmagazine.com...
www.theverge.com...

Now, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it is very difficult to watch footage of these protests... a mixture of masks and unmasked protesters yelling and hollering, standing nuts to butts for hours, often coughing and juicing all over the place from tear gas... and not realize that, if COVID is as bad ass as we're told, COVID isn't spreading like wildfire among the protesting crowd.

One wonders;

If mere soap and water are enough to effectively kill the COVID19 virus on contact (hence the off-repeated call to frequent hand-washing),

What effect would tear-gas and/or pepper spray have on said virus as it wafts through the air?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

What's the diff between a mask and "no shirt, no shoes, no service"?
a reply to: lakenheath24

an argument that I like is that it would be akin to the goverment or state forcing you to wear a medical device. if its a health policy of for general welfare, its an entity forcing you to wear somehining medically that is attributed to your health.

pants, shoes not rally health

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

www.npr.org...
www.latimes.com...
www.dmagazine.com...
www.theverge.com...

Now, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it is very difficult to watch footage of these protests... a mixture of masks and unmasked protesters yelling and hollering, standing nuts to butts for hours, often coughing and juicing all over the place from tear gas... and not realize that, if COVID is as bad ass as we're told, COVID isn't spreading like wildfire among the protesting crowd.

One wonders;

If mere soap and water are enough to effectively kill the COVID19 virus on contact (hence the off-repeated call to frequent hand-washing),

What effect would tear-gas and/or pepper spray have on said virus as it wafts through the air?

Portland and Seattle cops can claim they're trying to combat COVID-19 via an appropriately robust spraying program. I like that!

For what it's worth, the majority of those protesting appear to be unfamiliar with this "soap" you speak of. If ever a group of people looked like they stank, it's the protesters.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: Ahabstar

Plague, cholera, Spanish flu: in the history of Europe there have been several pandemics before Corona. The fight against epidemics has always been, and still is today, above all a race against time: in addition to the feverish search for a vaccine and medicines, states have for centuries tried to stem the spread of viruses and bacteria with targeted measures. For example, more than 650 years ago, the means of isolating entire cities were already being used, as were measures such as contact bans, registration papers, counting the sick and fatalities, protective clothing - and later effective hygiene measures. Much of what researchers developed centuries ago is still standard practice in the fight against epidemics.

www.ndr.de...

Like blood letting? LOL after the plague small pox and all the other diseases our ancestors wouldn't have even noticed COVID. Who knows it could have been around died out and now it's back LOL and then only reason we notice is some are a bunch of nervous nellies. Thats about valid and relevent as your babble above.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If ever a group of people looked like they stank, it's the protesters.

I think soap is actually illegal in Capitol Hill.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All I know early on Ikept hearing watch the Rt watch the RT over 1.0 is bad under 1.0 is good. Well her in Georgia it's at 1.02 the lowest since may 8th we got 14 states below 1.0 and another 14 at 1.04 or less. For perspective Georgia was at 2.7 in early March.

Rt COVID-19

These are up-to-date values for Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
cashless? Ok, Ill use bitcoin.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

www.npr.org...
www.latimes.com...
www.dmagazine.com...
www.theverge.com...

One wonders;

You can stop wondering because soap doesn't kill COVID.

A virus isn't alive.

Hand washing is mostly effective because of mechanical action, not soap. Surfactants and degreasers in soap help make mechanical action more effective.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If ever a group of people looked like they stank, it's the protesters.

I think soap is actually illegal in Capitol Hill.

The word "#hole" is often heard these days, but is definitely appropriate for multiple parts of Seattle and all of Tacoma. Went to the Tacoma Zoo one time with the family...
I honestly don't know what stank worse, the animals or the exhibits they were there with their offspring to view. Also never seen so many women with multiple children from obviously different baby daddies in one place before. I loathe the 405 corridor.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
TheRedneck:

Beware... it is coming. And it ain't Utopia. TPTB killed all the unicorns.

I've done a very rare thing. I've starred you for your post, because it contains much of the minutiae of the control of the individual in times to come. Yes, that is some way down the line, but it is already being established as we discuss this now, the control is already being exercised in a very blunt and broad-stroke way through the instructed social distancing measures, and the wearing of face coverings, including the instruction to work from home. It is all preparatory work to get people used to it, to get everyone habituated to it, and most people are already complying and submitting themselves to the instructions. It is despairing!

If you were on the street and some stranger came up to you and started to instruct you to do things that go against your sensibilities, you would punch them in the mouth to shut them up, but nowhere in the world is there an equivalence occurring. People are just too damn scared to do anything about anything, because to react and resist is to rock your own boat, and potentially have it capsize and lose the little (or lot) of what you have now.

I don't think that it can be over-emphasised just how concerning the coming mandatory vaccinations are. Regardless of your mindset, irrespective of your world-view, mandatory vaccinations should be ringing alarm bells loud and clear. Even the almost sycophantic and obsequious way they are prepping us all for them should be aiding people to connect the dots of implications into a picture of plausible reality. I've already seen posters on advertising boards telling the public that 'vaccinations save lives' (and there isn't even a vaccine out there...yet). The propaganda is in full swing (having been prepared over the previous years), and is flavoured and coloured to the natives of each country, even as the overall message is the same. Oh, but the purpose?

Never, not once, during other historical global pandemics have economies been crashed. Think about that. No. With the excuse of Covid-19, the global economy has been purposefully, deliberately taken apart. Economic struggle has been handed to us all on a plate, because economic struggle is one of the best ways they can control people by getting them dependent upon the state, because the state will become the only source of income for a vast majority of people, and if you do not comply with instructions, that source of income will be switched off. What about people over a certain age? A category I must include myself in.

It's become a plausible thought to me, so much so, I'm expecting it. The mandatory vaccinations on this group of people are designed for one thing, and that is to aid in their early-than-normal death. Yes. It's a very uncomfortable thought, but I figure that the accumulative effects of constant yearly vaccinations will suppress the immune system, leaving this group of people open and susceptible to infections and diseases, leading them to an earlier grave. it is part of the culling process they have to implement. Surely, none of you actually think the agenda for sustainable development means everyone? Does it hell, it merely pertains to those who are left after the cull. Watch, in the coming years how they control an increase in the death rate over the birth rate through various means. Mandatory vaccinations is just one of the methods being employed.

By the way, do you think those ordering all this are going to subject themselves to what they are going to subject all you to? Maybe, it is up to you to make sure they do?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Meanwhile, back on the Klingon homeworld...

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The argument in the poster is a stupid conflation of unrelated things.

Wearing a face mask during an epidemic, is not infringing your rights to die as you please, but it does place a slight limit on your ability to kill.

edit on 27/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
But ‘enforcing’ the wearing of a cuck-mask is infringing on rights

I’ve never worn one

Never will

Never been challenged for it either
edit on 27 7 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: lakenheath24

They don't cover up a pretend virus causing panic and destroying society to distract from blackmailed child "loving" nazi control freaks that like islands.

Other than that.

Pretend?

LOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maybe not pretend but DEFINITELY innocuous

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Wearing a face mask during an epidemic, is not infringing your rights to die as you please.

False... Americans have no right to die as they please. If we did, there wouldn't be laws prohibiting recreational drug use, permitting mental health institutionalization for suicide attempts, or laws prohibiting a whole slew of other potentially self destructive behaviors that ultimately are victimless aside from the consequences to the person choosing to partake in those behaviors.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You can stop wondering because soap doesn't kill COVID.

No, but it may be fatal to some of these rioters...

Personally, I'd prefer the virus to the rioters. Just sayin'.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's, as you say, all about control. Control of every aspect of our lives. 'cause the govt. knows better than you, what you need.

The same govt. that can not fix roads in a timely manner. Can not control our borders.

But they can run our lives just fine, thank you.

Brave New World, brought to you by 1984. Brother, can you spare some Soma??

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If the government attempted to control all transactions....I’m sure another type of currency or barter system would come along so that people could still buy, sell and trade off of the grid. You just need to figure out what item would be of value to almost everyone and stockpile that item.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Wearing a face mask during an epidemic, is not infringing your rights to die as you please.

False... Americans have no right to die as they please. If we did, there wouldn't be laws prohibiting recreational drug use, permitting mental health institutionalization for suicide attempts, or laws prohibiting a whole slew of other potentially self destructive behaviors that ultimately are victimless aside from the consequences to the person choosing to partake in those behaviors.

They are able to wave a gun around in public, even discharging said weapon, and die by police execution. Happens all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join