It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A LARPER meets reality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Semi-auto AK-47s are still AK-47s, they can easily have select fire/full auto properties restored.

Saying that it's a replica doesn't mean it's not an AK.

That's like saying a 1911 from Kimber isn't a 1911.

Saying his AK isn't an AK47 because he's modified it is like saying the only real AR-15 is a stock Arma Lite rifle.

If you want to get real semantic. I'll argue that the AK-47 isn't even the proper name for it at all.

The proper name for it is the AK. People started calling it the AK-47 (1947) tondistinguish it from the AKM that came out in 1959.

The AK-74 came out in, you guessed it, 1974.

It looks like he's using an aftermarket buttstock and heatshroud. That's all.
edit on 2772020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2772020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If this was some schedualed march rally or if the people had stuck to the sides of the road for pedestrians this would not have happened. They took to the streets like roving gangs and when someone dared to honk their horn they swarmed the car. That will put any driver on edge. One of the people unwisely swarming the car had an AK at the ready. That would trigger fight or flight responce for me and since he was blocked in there was only one way that would go.

These so called protestors are putting themselves at risk with their behavior. I am pretty sure when they take to the streets blocking in cars it isn't legal and when they swarm someone in a car because they dare honk a horn or get angry that the road is blocked they are playing russian roulet.

In my opinion the AK guy put himself in danger. He made himself a threat and the driver reacted. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. If te AK guy was still living they would be questioning why he advanced on the driver. What was he thinking what was he planning to do. Poor choices lead to a short life. Maybe he didn't plan on intimidating the driver when he advanced on the car, but I really can't imagine that he wouldn't know that he was intimidating. Maybe he was planning to scare the crap out of the driver thinking he wasn't in any danger himself. We will never know.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Even if he had lived the little interview he was involved in before the incident wouldn't have helped him.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

You make a few good points and a good comparison as a generalization. Its still not the same thing.

A Kimber 1911 is not the same as Colt M-1911.

How would you distinguish between an authentic AK and a replica?

Just because a rifle uses a gas piston to chamber a 7.62 round does not mean it is an AK. You mention the AK-74 as if it's the same yet it chambers a 5.56 round unlike the AK-47. And on that note, just because a rifle uses gas impingement to chamber a 5.56 round does not mean its an AR-15. I refer to my Colt LE6920 as exactly that because that is what it is -- I would never call it an AR-15, because that it is not. In fact, IMO it is much more closely related to the M4 if you consider the shorter barrel with 1:7 twist though it does not offer burst fire ( of course ), Yet it is advertised everywhere as an AR-15.

In the links on sportsman superstore from Grimpachi's post you see "WASR-10 AK-47" in the description on several items. Two different firearms, but if you consider that the WASR-10 is actually based on the AKM we now are technically describing 3 different firearms. Next I suppose someone will say that the AK ( as in AK-47 ) is the same rifle as the AKM. It is not. They have different names because they are not the same. One is built much cheaper. I wouldn't buy a stamped and riveted receiver, but if you buy an AKM that is what you are getting. On the other hand a slant compensator sure would be handy if I wanted to unload a full magazine in a few seconds and a parkerized barrel arguably offers better protection to the barrel.

All sorts of companies use these descriptions for their firearms pretty loosely. The title says the guy is a larper and I agree if this guy thinks hes toting around an AK-47. No one would destroy a beautiful weapon with what appears to be an aftermarket Legion folding stock. Though left fold stocks are ideal on an AK, you just don't do it.

Sorry bro. Rough day. Some more intelligent banter than what I deal with most of the day is cheering me up.

a reply to: AutomateThis1

I almost wanted to feel bad for him in that video. Im thinking maybe he has mental problems. Or just very camera shy perhaps. If you bring a gun out somewhere to protest you better be prepared for someone to shoot you as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You would think this is a gun forum the way you guys are going back and forth about what's an AK and what isn't. It was an AK platform rifle from any number or manufacturer's which could be foreign or domestic. There are US built AK's now as imports have been halted.

Anyway I am more curious about the 5 shots and 3 shots. I can easily see those first 5 being the driver but would think someone other than the deceased might have been hit. Where were those 3 shots from, the slow deliberate ones?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I did not mention the AK74 as if it were the same as an AK. I referenced it to make point about why people call it AK47.

I didn't say using gas impingement to chamber 5.56 makes a rifle an AR either.

The original AKs had milled receivers. Damn near everything being labelkes as an AK now such as the replicas have stamoed receivers.

I made an argument that not everyone wants to stand there and spend ten minutes explaining every little detail and history about their gun everytime someone asks.

I know it's not an original AK.

I've got firearms with all myriads of alphanumeric labelling.

Doesn't mean that everytime I go to the gun range I'm going to explain the every little detail of my gun to everybody who comes up to me asking me what kind of gun I'm using.

I didn't look at Grimpachi's link.

I too consider myself an avid firearms enthusiast, and I love talking about guns and modifications and etc., But there's no reason to expect people to be snobs about it.

I'm a big believer in people being able to enjoy their freedom and all that, and that extends right down to doing whatever they want with their firearms. It's theirs. It's their property. If they want to do something that other people would consider ridiculous, by all meams they should do it.

I've got a few frankenstein guns myself that I built just because I could. They look completely ridiculous, but they're fun as hell to shoot.

And yes. I fully agree that the guy was a LARPer. I don't care if he was former military and had "training." He should have known better. His facial expressions and body language come across as ill adjusted to social interaction, and he had no business running into an unknown situation when he was apparently with his quadriplegic wife.

He should have stuck beside her, and instead he left her and ran off to his demise.

So, I don't think he was using his brain.

First of all, the guy should have been wearing body armor. He would have most likely survived, unless he took a round to the noggin.

He should have stayed next to his wife. It's highly irresponsible. He ran off and got killed, leaving his wife unable to defend herself. What would have hapoened if it turned into a full on violent situation. She can't even move herself. He ended up outting her life at risk as well.

Also, I sent ya a message.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't know about the forensics of it all but I see this as part of the problem. Lack of sleep, ringing ears, exhaustion from walking/yelling, chaos for 50 nights straight would make a lot of people sketchy. I know she stated "almost". I don't care how much I believe in something, I'm not marching for hours on end, for weeks on end.

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The deceased is Garrett Foster

"In an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America," Sheila Foster identified the man who was shot as her son, Garrett Foster. She said he had been a regular at the protests with his fiancee. "They've been participating in these protests almost every day for the past 50 days," she said."

www.fox7austin.com...

In an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America," Sheila Foster identified the man who was shot as her son, Garrett Foster. She said he had been a regular at the protests with his fiancee. "They've been participating in these protests almost every day for the past 50 days," she said.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 7/27/2020 by shockedonlooker because: added quote of Mom

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OwwMyHead

Where were those 3 shots from, the slow deliberate ones?

A seperate protestor that fired at the driver. He was picked up and released same as the driver.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So if you walk towards me with fists up what would you call that?

I would call it 'not the same as that picture' since the gun is pointed at the ground where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
That was the picture taken, but he sure had his gun in a position of threat to a guy in a car...

The gun is pointed at the ground in that picture, who is threatened by it and why?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
You dont seem to understand. Communism is the enemy. Always has and always will be.

They are the enemy of people that believe in freedom.

I wish death upon every single one of them.

You are a part of the problem not the solution, you are not their better. They are misguided fools, nothing more than sheep for the people pulling the strings, but you seem simply bloodthirsty not a true defender of freedom. They are free to be misguided are they not? You soil your own values.
edit on 28-7-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Good. Looks like the little Marxist met a just end, one commensurate with his behavior.

No sympathy here. One less #bag animal on the streets.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you're armed and breaking the law what's that make you? Well not "you" but you get the point.

If you're carrying a fun you had better be crystal clear legal. Otherwise it looks like a roadblock by rioters trying to intimidate actual people who are fed up and not taking it anymore.

Room temp challenge for those motherless godless animals every day of the week.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
So you're armed and breaking the law what's that make you?

What law was broken? As of yet I haven't heard the police comment that any law was.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would call it 'not the same as that picture' since the gun is pointed at the ground where it belongs.

Well I see it differently....

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well I see it differently....

I get that and so do I.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is one rumor going around that AK guy tried to open the drivers door.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Whatever conduct he engaged in to put the driver in fear of his life.
edit on 7/28/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Whatever conduct he engaged in to put the driver in fear of his life.

Which was what exactly? You know something the cops up there don't?

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

First off him having a black girlfriend has literally nothing to do with anything at all so lets just annex that .

Secondly " Larper" ? Umm thats a real gun with real bullets sooo he is not a " Larper" at all . Larpers run around plastic armor and foam weapons playing make believe .

So who ever is calling this kid a Larper is full of # trying to make it seem like the guy was not serious even though he was carrying a very serious rifle in TEXAS of all places pointing it at people , So what the heck do you think is gonna happen ?

Oh please sir don't point the weapon at me !

Lol it's Texas he was a dead man the moment his dumbself hit the street with it pointing it at people.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join