It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now they arent terrorists??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
After googling fruitlessly for about 10 minutes for obama's stance on antifa and not being able to find anything I stumbled across the actual bill where the obama administration declared antifa a terrorist group in early 2016.

Whereas, in early 2016, the Department of Homeland Security under the President Obama administration formally labeled Antifa efforts as domestic terrorist violence.;

source: www.govtrack.us...
edit on 25-7-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

😆 Oh Oh !! 😆

Democrats need to EXPLAIN 😃

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: akiros

I stumbled across the actual bill where the obama administration declared antifa a terrorist group in early 2016.

No you didn't. You stumbled on a 2017 bill, from the Trump Administration, that suggests that the Obama Administration labeled "Antifa" a terrorist group. It didn't, and their statement is disingenuous. What the Obama Administration did do is label certain left wing anti-fascist groups domestic terrorists. There is no "Antifa" group.

edit on 25-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

My intention isnt to argue though, just trying to see clearer.

www.congress.gov...

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It doesn't matter when any one labels them.
Nobody needs to be told.
People have eyes, they can see what they are doing, and come to their own conclusions.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then Antifa is a terrorist group.

Period.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 25-7-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: akiros

My intention isnt to argue though, just trying to see clearer.

www.congress.gov... 2009

ah, okay.

Here is the intro to H Resolution 536

Expressing support for the HHT Foundation International’s designation of a National Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) Month and supporting efforts to educate the public about HHT.

Whereas HHT, also known as Osler-Weber-Rendu Syndrome, is a complex genetic blood vessel disorder characterized by telangiectases and artery-vein malformations that occur in major organs, including the lungs, brain, and liver, as well as the nasal mucosa, mouth, gastrointestinal tract, and skin of the face and hands;

www.govtrack.us...

Nothing about Antifa in there.

ETA: You link takes us to H.Res.536 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)...The Trump Administration, not the Obama Administration.

It doesn't look as though this resolution was ever officially adopted.

edit on 25-7-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
well, it's still true that the resolution of:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) strongly condemns the violent actions of Antifa;

(2) recognizes that Antifa engages in domestic terrorism; and

(3) urges the President and the President’s Cabinet to use all available resources to address the threats posed by this extremist movement.

from a House with a democratic majority

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I stumbled across the actual bill where the obama administration declared antifa a terrorist group in early 2016.

No you didn't. You stumbled on a 2017 bill, from the Trump Administration, that suggests that the Obama Administration labeled "Antifa" a terrorist group. It didn't, and their statement is disingenuous. What the Obama Administration did do is label certain left wing anti-fascist groups terrorists. There is no "Antifa" group.

There is no Antifa, only boogaloo. There is no Antifa, only boogaloo.

Say it with me boys and girls, make it true!

There is no Antifa, only boogaloo. There is no Antifa, only boogaloo.

Now huff your jenkem three times and repeat the magic words!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

yeah i royally #ed up tbh. Thanks for the help though everyone. Yahoo search engine is useless, dont install toolbars.

ZERO clue where youre getting 2017 from though. cough

From congress.gov: Introduced 08/02/2019

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Antifa is not an organized group. There are plenty of organized left wing anti-fascist groups that commit acts of domestic terrorism. But "ANTIFA" is just a catch all term for anyone who is anti-fascist. Not everyone who identifies as anti fascist expresses their concerns with violence.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Find the entity that funding these well equipped city-to-city migrating anarchists and shut down the $$$. If our FBI can't do that, we're all screwed.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It doesn't look as though this resolution was ever officially adopted.

nevermind, it's in progress still.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It's cool. And it's still worth discussing how the government labels and deals with domestic terrorism. Both left and right extremes are guilty of domestic terrorism. I can remember PETA sinking ships and environmental groups setting housing developments under construction on fire.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If there's no ANTIFA, why do ANTIFA members carry ANTIFA flags ?

😎

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I dunno though...

from 2017:

thehill.com...

www.newsweek.com...

I think it checks out.

from the article:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has formally classified the activities of anti-fascist groups (antifa) as "domestic terrorist violence" since early 2016, according to confidential law enforcement documents obtained by Politico and interviews.

so, what, if they did then it's confidential? LOL

and really the point wasnt anything to do with the Trump administration. Im just kind of new to posting. The post has more to do with the DHS than congress. Many credible sources say the DHS in early 2016 labeled or warned of them as a domestic terror violence threat. If newsweek, the hill, politico, etc are credible to you. Googling it brings up so many many many articles from 2016-2017

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You forgot /SARC

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Find the entity that funding these well equipped city-to-city migrating anarchists and shut down the $$$.

There is only boogaloo ...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Antifa is not an organized group. There are plenty of organized left wing anti-fascist groups that commit acts of domestic terrorism. But "ANTIFA" is just a catch all term for anyone who is anti-fascist. Not everyone who identifies as anti fascist expresses their concerns with violence.

Somehow they just manage to show up at the same places at the same time, they have food and medical tents, different people for different tasks, because they aren't a group.

Not everybody who identifies as a white supremacist expresses their concerns with violence either. I expect you'll be defending them soon.
edit on 7/25/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Antifa is Boogaloo.

Boogaloo is Antifa.

Boogaloo is a fictitious group created by Antifa cowards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join