It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans and democrats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If a Conservative doesn't like guns, they won't buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed.

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, they won't eat meat. If a Liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. If a Liberal is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. If a Liberal doesn’t like a talk show host, he demands the mob dox the host and disrupt their free speech.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. If a Liberal is a non-believer, he wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. If a Liberal decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Conservative is unhappy with an election, he grumbles and goes to work the next day. If a Liberal is unhappy with an election, he burns down a Starbucks, throws rocks at cops and takes two-weeks off for therapy.

If a Conservative reads this, he'll show it so his friends can have a good laugh. If a Liberal reads this, he will try to sue you or shut you down, because he's "offended."

Who will be the first to get the last bullet-point "I'm offended over XYZ" award?
edit on 7/25/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
+-*a reply to: JBurns

Well,

A pretty good description of what we have seen the last 20 years. I loved that last one. So true.

If a Conservative reads this, he'll show it so his friends can have a good laugh. If a Liberal reads this, he will try to sue you or shut you down, because he's "offended."

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm offended you only used the "He/Him" pronouns for gender, further propagating the patriarchy agenda!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I tried to replace it with "they" in a few spots, I suppose my sloppy writing style got the best of me

I actually agree with this point here

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ain't that the truth!

A good laugh indeed. They always make it seem like its one side opposing the other, when in reality its one side going about their lives and the other trying to constantly inflict their will on us

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Who will be the first to get the last bullet-point

Dance that boogaloo!!!

edit on 25-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Only if its a slow dance and you're my partner

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Only if its a slow dance and you're my partner

let's dance,

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Who will be the first to get the last bullet-point "I'm offended over XYZ" award?

Offended? Meh. Shocked that y'all have such a distorted view of yourselves and others? Not anymore.
Amazed that you all find new ways to be victimy drama-queens over and over about the same stuff while questing for confirmation bias?
Amusing, to say the least.

So, in summation, having a good laugh over your thread... again.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Click bait:

I wanted to learn about Republicans and democrats.
All I see here is Conservative and Liberal.

Bait and switch!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Offended? Meh. Shocked that y'all have such a distorted view of yourselves and others? Not anymore.
Amazed that you all find new ways to be victimy drama-queens over and over about the same stuff while questing for confirmation bias?
Amusing, to say the least.

So, in summation, having a good laugh over your thread... again.

Congratulations 🏆

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This is completely untrue. And this type of bigot speak is symptomatic of a simple mind.

Everyone's actions, speech and intentions, regardless of political leaning, are different.

You are virtue signaling for a group (and now I'll do the same thing) that has no virtue.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If a Conservative doesn't like guns, they won't buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed.

maybe you believe that but do you actually think it could happen.......when is the last time an amendment was changed, only once an amendment was enacted to repeal another way back in 1933 the 21st amendment amended the 18th amendment which had instituted "prohibition"

trying to change an amendment is extremely difficult....

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect. did you type that with a straight face?????

this link www.newnownext.com... yeah these Republicans (the party of FAMILY VALUES) all publicly denounced homosexuality were all caught and brought down by gay sex scandals

originally posted by: pthena

Click bait:

I wanted to learn about Republicans and democrats.
All I see here is Conservative and Liberal.

Bait and switch!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Wouldn't a liberal (using the definition of someone who is broad minded, open, individualistic, tolerant and accepting) not give a damn?

And wouldn't someone who is conservative be traditionalist, corporate, unbending and legalistic?

liberal - The Free Dictionary

You see, the right-wing, ideologically, are not conservative in the true definition of the word. The left-wing, ideologically are not liberal in the true definition of the word.

The political labels are applied in both cases to try and make the extremist positions of both ideologies sound reasonable and acceptable to the vast majority who are neither right or left wing.

The centrists are both liberal and conservative (in the true definition of the words) at the same time.

edit on 25/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Off topic and will probably get me into trouble...
I have finally found a replacement for silly.
I am a conservative,Trump supporting,grandma and
agree with the op's post.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I didn't identify myself as one label or another.
I favor liberal democracy within this democratic republic.

I don't like the wording of the 2nd Amendment, but what the heck?
"... the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
The people includes people labeled conservative as well as people labelled liberal; no label required.

But see, for all practical purposes, convicted felons have those rights infringed. The NRA is probably not pushing to allow prisoners to go fully armed. So people compromise.

these Republicans (the party of FAMILY VALUES) all publicly denounced homosexuality were all caught and brought down by gay sex scandals

I suppose those Republicans named in the article can be labelled hypocrites or something of the sort. Worse than hypocrites actually.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Hey now that is something I could get into

Where'd you get that awesome smiley at by the way? I miss the old ones

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
you replied in a civil manner..I appreciate that.....I get your point about convicted felons

a reply to: pthena

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I don't agree with limiting anyone's gun rights. If they're breaking the law, the other armed citizens will put a stop to it sooner or later. Given the number of ways someone can become a "felon" (thanks to the worthless congress writing 1,003,523,521 laws) I don't think its right at all

I also don't understand why some feel the need to legislate homosexuality, etc. It is what it is. Whether you agree with it or disagree with it, people have a right to do what makes them happy and love who they want to love. Its not my business or my place to say its right or wrong, its just my job to accept them for who they are and move on

Its also your right to be petty and not associate with someone over their sexual orientation if you so choose. I wouldn't, personally, Several of my very close friends and the friends of my children are gays or lesbians. They also happen to be very good people.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes yes chronoaut, I always misuse the word liberal. In fact I am NOTORIOUS for misusing the word liberal and conflating it with the reactionary far left idioacy we see in this country.

FWIW, I apologize for slandering actual liberals by associating them with this madness

<<   2  3 >>

join