It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Tobacco. Why you wanna spice up your salad like me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So everyone knows chewing may be a bit healtier than combustion. Well, I tried it in the past and the constant loss of saliva was messing with my stomach, giving me heartburn. It's not particularly good for gums and teeth either. It may not stain the teeth as deep as smoking but still.
Tooth decay bacterial biofilm seems to like the products of smoking. The bacteria also use the smoke as a carbon source.

Lately I'm trying to cut my smoking costs. I perfected rolling and I grow couple of plants too. One day when I had no stuff to roll but only my green plants I decided that some nicotine and other harmala alkaloids are better than none. And I saw it was good. A green leaf is delicious and it has a kick. I'll get to the protein component later and you'll see why it's a good spice for your salad. Couple of square centimeters took care of my withdrawal symptoms which can include everything from lack of relaxed calm focus, nervosity to urge to destroy the world.
It was not the same. My body is used to a proper poisoning and my lungs were still hungry but the well known kind of vaso-constriction from too strong vaping liquids was there.
So what does the science say you ask?
It is simply awesome. It may still be a good idea to supplement vitamin B3 as nicotine is messing with it but otherwise it's all good.

Food From Tobacco A Well Kept Secret

Among the protein extracts that were prepared from a variety of green plants and forage crops, those originating from the leaves of the tobacco plant, Nicotiana tabacum, according to Wildman, a leading protein chemist, had "properties which make them uniquely desirable as sources of edible leaf protein".

Tobacco was the only plant from which the Fraction-1-protein (F-1-p a single, large, homogenous protein that makes up half of the plant's soluble protein) could be obtained in pure, crystalline form. It has no taste or odor, is colorless and non-allergenic and exhibits an optimal amino acid composition which lowers cholesterol. Its functional characteristics (e.g. solubility, stability, foaming, gelling and emulsifying ability) are superior to those of egg white, casein and soy protein. In feeding experiments, tobacco F-1-p significantly exceeded casein, soy, corn and other cereal proteins in protein efficiency, i.e., the weight increment of growing rats per gram of protein ingested. All in all, tobacco F-1-p may be the best nutritional and functional food protein. It has also been recommended for a variety of medical uses (e.g., for kidney dialysis patients and as artificial milk for infants).

Maximum levels of nicotine were similar but, because of prolonged absorption, overall nicotine exposure was twice as large after single exposures to smokeless tobacco compared with cigarette smoking.

(which is a good thing if you ask me. It's kind of similar benefit/lose ratio as with Cannabis edibles.)

We studied gastric absorption o f nicotine and the effect o f oral nicotine, intravenous nicotine, and cigarette smoking on ion fluxes and potential difference in the human stomach.
Nicotine was well absorbed, mean 18.6 ± 3.4% in 15 min, on intragastric instillation at pH
9.8. Absorption was accompanied by side effects o f nausea and vomiting, and delay in
gastric emptying. Gastric absorption o f nicotine at p H 7.4 was less marked (mean
8.2 ± 2.9%), but was negligible at pH 1 (mean 3.3 ± 1.4%). Intragastric nicotine at pH
7.4 and 9.8 stimulated gastric acid output either during instillation (pH 9.8) or during
subsequent acid instillation (pH 7.4). Rapid cigarette smoking and intravenous nicotine
suppressed gastric acid output. Neither oral administration nor intravenous infusion o f 4
mg nicotine base per hour nor smoking 3-5 cigarettes per hour significantly altered the
gastric mucosal barrier as measured by gastric ionic fluxes and potential difference. In
conclusion, (1) the base nicotine (pKa8.5) is well absorbed from the human stomach at p H
9.8, but poorly absorbed at pH 1.0

food-from-tobacco-a-well-kept-secret
www.gwern.net...

So what it says is that when you eat the plant with proteins you get the proteins and nutrients without much of the nicotine absorbed. The stomach digests proteins with acid. When you chew it, eaet it on it's own or with sugars the alkaline nicotine is well absorbed. I like to eat cigars. They taste ok and the fermentation makes them more alkaline. The fresh leaves give me the kick in the esophagus but the stomach takes care of them relatively fast. I'm yet to find the right buffer for the best, long absorption to use as little as possible (unless I have pounds of Tobacco. Then the opposite.) They say something about the glycine buffer. I have some glycine powder at hand but it's an aminoacid. I'm not sure about this one yet. It probably slows down the absorption of free nicotine base.

Ok, that is pretty much it.
Here is an interresting vid about anecdotal healing properties of Tobacco and we could theoretize about it's antiviral and antiparasitic properties. It's used as a pesticide after all. Native Americans used to use heroic doses rectally for healing and shamanic initiations. They probably still do 🙂 Similar to San Pedro cacti. The more the better. Maybe eating it could take care of the smoking habbit like nothing else can. It makes sense to eat a plant rather than smoke it or chew and spit it out. Obviously.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What a nonsense post to be in HEALTH AND WELLNESS.

Enjoy the mouth, throat, and stomach cancer associated with tobacco ingestion.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Are you saying all the medical benefits above are fake science?
Ot
Are you giving a Pavlovian response to tobacco?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Tobacco is a healthy and nutritional plant. Something you'D BE AWARE OF by now If you read it.
Free your mind from propaganda. It even protects you from coronaviruses and radioactive dust, asbestos in the air. 😛✔ but you gotta smoke enough to cough. There are no carcinogenic substances untill you burn it. What chemical are you speaking of? Even then there's more of them on your BBQ sausage. This was a nonsensical reply
edit on 25/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
It even protects you from coronaviruses and radioactive dust, asbestos in the air.

Preach it brother.

I munch the backy regularly and this has enabled me to eat fiberglass, scorpion pepper and crushed glass smoothies. RAWR!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

What abject nonsense.

Keep eating cigars for your "health".

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh look, there's two of them. 😛
I'm shootiing fancy links and interresting links while you are not. You end up with more holes.

miniscule amount of smokers with covid hospitalized

smoking helps protect against lung cancer

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What mutagenic, carcinogenic chemical product are you referring to?
Do you even have any idea how stuff works?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

'Moon Beam Memos' says smoking prevents lung cancer? Dude. Why didn't you tell me sooner!? I mean, seriously, Moon Beam is a world respected physician and I trust their ravings implicitly. I humbly stand corrected by the great Moon Beam.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I said fancy links and interresting links. You ate the bait again. I knew what link will shut your mouth up without even reading it and what will not. You are bored and you want to engage with me more. You are welcome. I'm able to troll people without reading a single link too. What is it good for? Try speaking about Tobacco for instance or have a nice day

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I didn't address the other one since any tool bag, other than maybe Moon Beam, would know you don't have to smoke to get nicotine.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It's not just about nicotine or even other alkaloids. Well it is but do you have anything to say about the protein?
This phenomenal thread is about the best possible, logical route of administration. You jump in, speed read untill you find a trollable point, you state the obvious in a sarcastic manner and you jump out.
Maybe you need a new hobby after all those years. Try blacksmithing or shooting anvils😛

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You could call this guy an actual mason. Comment, like and subscribe 😛. He's like a pro version of Wranglerstar.

Using String Like A Pro

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Personally, I wouldnt eat tobacco plants. The ones in my backyard are constantly covered in the dead insects dumb enough to try and eat it. You're going to poison yourself if you go and start munching on tobacco leaves.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Dont worry. You are not an insect. Some insect can eat potato leaves and the solanine doesnt kill them. You could kill your cat with chocolate or some harmless essential oil. There are aphids on mine Tobacco btw. It's young but it's already spicy. It's also their only food source, which is not my case either. They eat nothing but Tobacco juice without being poisoned - that's a disappointment if you ask me. I use to see some black gnats on mature plants too though. I think they get caught because the surface is sticky. They use to be on my Cannabis too. The surface is covered by trichomes on both of those plants These gnats dont suck liquid from leaves AFAIK. Their larvae eat the roots and the mature ones eat organic stuff from soil

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What mutagenic, carcinogenic chemical product are you referring to?
Do you even have any idea how stuff works?

Tobacco. On its own produces chemicals that are carcinogenic.

Spend some time on the CDC website.

Or go chew up some more cigars.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Dont worry. You are not an insect. Some insect can eat potato leaves and the solanine doesnt kill them. You could kill your cat with chocolate or some harmless essential oil. There are aphids on mine Tobacco btw. It's young but it's already spicy. It's also their only food source, which is not my case either. They eat nothing but Tobacco juice without being poisoned - that's a disappointment if you ask me. I use to see some black gnats on mature plants too though. I think they get caught because the surface is sticky. They use to be on my Cannabis too. The surface is covered by trichomes on both of those plants These gnats dont suck liquid from leaves AFAIK. Their larvae eat the roots and the mature ones eat organic stuff from soil

www.webmd.com...

Nicotine poisoning usually happens in two stages. Symptoms typically last an hour or two after a mild overdose and up to 24 hours for severe poisoning.

You'll get early symptoms within the first 15 minutes to an hour.

Feeling queasy or throwing up

Stomachache

Mouth watering

Quick, heavy breathing

Faster heartbeat

Higher blood pressure

Pale skin

Headache

Dizzy, off-balance, or confused

Late-phase symptoms are more like winding down. They happen 30 minutes to 4 hours later.

Diarrhea

Shallow breathing

Slower heartbeat

Lower blood pressure

Lethargy

Feeling weak, slow reflexes, or unable to control muscles

Seizures

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It's not just about nicotine...

Yeah, it was, the article said so which is why they were testing the theory with nicotine patches.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Spend some time on the CDC website.

Or go chew up some more cigars.

I will. You've said it twice. I'm digesting some as we speak. It doesnt offend me dude. There's also a nice cig on my desk I had a toke or two from and I dont have a taste for it now. Eating Tobacco is a healthy alternative like no other.
I'm not going to lurk CDC. Tell me what chemical to look for. There is none.

Ask smokers how many times they died. Everything is a poison depending on a dose. Horsetail is a wonderful herb but it can screw you because of Thiaminase - an enzyme that breaks down thiamine, or vitamin B1. Thus, long-term or high horsetail intake may be harmful if you dont know what you are doing and you dont supplement vitamin B1. Nicotine interacts rather with vitamin B3. The molecule is similar. Otherwise your list could be read as a desired effects related to so many things including dopamine release and dopamine receptor binding. Nicotine (Tobacco in general) relieves Parkinson's disease symptoms and it's considered a wonderful nootropic drug giving you calm focus like nothing else. I'm not saying it's all roses. It's a spice from nightshade family. Of course it's not a breakfast for kids but for smokers and adults. It's very good. When something is very good there's a addiction potential. Especially with dopamine boosters. Oral intake is a slow release administration. It's healthier than smoking and it's economic.

I'll try to update this thread if the oral intake makes me smoke less and less and if there are any side effects or only benefits. The very part about the wonderful protein should be worth re-thinking this herb's bad reputation. Nicotine can be soaked out after all and the herb still used as a healthy food. Or the other way around. If you read the article you'd know by now that healthier smokable product could be made by extracting proteins which dont like being burned. These scientists say it's a better protein than caseine or soy isolate. Perfect as a breastfeeding substitute even for infants. That is awesome. How many tons are harvested each year? Well, many tons. Come on guys, you dont take it seriously. Do you think I'm not aware of these toxicology claims? Of course I am. Dont get caught between two lobby fight for money.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Ask smokers how many times they died. Everything is a poison depending on a dose.

I'm not saying it's all roses. It's a spice from nightshade family. Of course it's not a breakfast for kids but for smokers and adults. It's very good. When something is very good there's a addiction potential. Especially with dopamine boosters.

What unbelievably daft things to say.

I'm done here.

For everyone else, don't listen to this guy. He's gonna end up with mouth cancer and so will you if you're this stupid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join