It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s what happens to conservatives when try to practice their first amendment rights .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Yeah, a few people here have been throwing it around haphazardly without declaring who these fake Libertarians are. It's like they are talking to no one.

It's similar to bot behavior. Vague and BS.

Kind of similar how the lefty people here will accuse ATS as being full of white supremacists, but won't call anyone out on it when they have plenty of opportunity to do so.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Gothmog

Ummm..
That's funny. I'm a yankee that spent ten years in texas. Never had anyone tell me that the term you guys was offensive...
But, to answer your question, you guys, as in the conservatives on ATS.

Did you just put me in a group ?
Without knowing ?
And , yes, "you guys" IS offensive here.
Don't care how long you spent.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: jtma508
Turn on the news and get a look at what happens to 'non-conservatives' when THEY practice their First Amendment rights. They get gassed, abducted by federal thugs, shot in the head with 'less lethal' ammunition, beaten with batons... how about that Navy vet who was pummeled and sprayed in the face? How are his first amendment rights doing these days?

Do you people have short term memory or something? I'll go on and do it again.
www.nytimes.com...

Islamic State militants indulged in new public displays of artifact destruction this week, sledgehammering a half-dozen statues said to have been stolen from the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra.

The militants also broke up a hidden 2,000-year-old lion statue they discovered in a Palmyra museum garden and demolished a 13th-century tomb near the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk.

The destruction, publicized in photographs and statements posted by the Islamic State on social media and corroborated by officials and antiquities experts, underscored the risks to the archaeological heritage sites in Syria and Iraq, as well as the impunity of the militants now in command of large parts of both countries.

WTF does that have to do with the protesters?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I got news for you all... good times are not an election away.... never have been. That is an illusion that our grandparents fell for, our parents fell for...... and now it is our turn.
You re not going to vote those protestors/rioters away. You are not going to vote the end of children in Chicago being slaughtered.
Change comes when those elected are more afraid of the people, than the people are of those elected.
But not even 1/2 of 1% of the population is willing to hop in their car and take a ride to Washington and make some lawbreakers..... errr I mean lawmakers... afraid for their well being.
If they can not stop 500 people from destroying entire cities... how on earth can they stop 300,000 people from pulling some politicians out of their offices and beating the piss out of them.
It's all fun and games until the old man takes his belt off......then all of a sudden the kids are all ears, understanding exactly what dad means when he is telling you what he expects.
If antifa can do it............. we can do it too. If BLM can do it, we can do it too

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Turn on the news and get a look at what happens to 'non-conservatives' when THEY practice their First Amendment rights. They get gassed, abducted by federal thugs, shot in the head with 'less lethal' ammunition, beaten with batons... how about that Navy vet who was pummeled and sprayed in the face? How are his first amendment rights doing these days?

Did you just suggest to turn on the news to see what's going on out there? That is your first mistake. I sure hope when you read articles that you read the source and not just the headline as well. The Media is clever, they have people believing that these "peaceful" protesters aren't vandalizing and destroying local businesses and livelihoods even when they show literal videos of buildings on fire and trash and graffiti everywhere, people still think to them self, oh it's "peaceful" LMAO

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ummm..
That's funny. I'm a yankee that spent ten years in texas. Never had anyone tell me that the term you guys was offensive...

Without knowing ?

You guys need to stop being so over sensitive to words, especially general terms such as "you guys".

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Another 'I'm not racist, but asians' thread.

Times are tough-that is true-but attacking people for no reason whatsoever shouldn't be tolerated, however in my timezone...nothing but the sound of crickets, whatever is going on must be an american thing.
edit on 26-7-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Ummm..

Without knowing ?

You guys need to stop being so over sensitive to words, especially general terms such as "you guys".

As soon as everyone stops the ignorant trait of grouping folks together without knowledge of the subjects.
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So, that must also go for the southern version..
Ya'll or however you spell it?

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Nope .
Grouping folks together without knowing is still considered ignorant.
Y'all has a totally different meaning and is used in a totally different aspect.
By and large , we are not bigoted.

edit on 7/26/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

A patriotic marine veteran and resident of Portland Oregon. Sat in his home for more than 50 days in fear of the violent protesters outside his window.

Finally he had enough and decided to get up off the couch and exercise his first amendment rights.

“at that point I [had] counted 82 explosions and just thought, you know, somebody has to do something.”

For his efforts he was verbally abused and had to flee criminals intent on aggravated assault.

He also witnessed attacks on other individuals attempting to practice their first amendment rights.

Another scene that left him in utter dismay was seeing a 65-year-old Black veteran attempt to stop the burning of Johnson’s flag, only to be beaten by alleged Black Lives Matter protesters.

“He said, 'there's no way you're gonna burn this flag.’ That was followed up by Black Lives Matter, Black men, running after this man, punching him in his face, grabbing the flag and throwing it over the fence,” said Johnson as he emotionally recalled the horrific incident. 

It’s a dam good thing he didn’t come to that gentleman’s aid.

Disclaimer:

Be warned do not suggest that after peacefully assembling for protest . Then being attacked anyone should defend theirselves.

Neither should you suggest you’ll emerge victorious in your 100% completely lawful defense of yourself.

That is inciting violence and you will be canceled.

For more than 50 nights, Gabriel Johnson, 48, a retired Marine, has been kept awake by the sounds of rioting and explosions taking place outside his window in Portland, Ore. After two months of living in fear, at 3 a.m. Sunday he had had enough, “at that point I [had] counted 82 explosions and just thought, you know, somebody has to do something.”

Living only a block away from the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in downtown Portland, which has become an epicenter of violence that has overtaken the city, Johnson marched into the chaos with his American flag in hand.

While he expected his actions would be divisive to some, the retired Marine was not prepared for the reaction he got.

self defense is wrong stay on the couch the cancel culture wins

Peaceful protesters getting beatings, shot by rubber bullets and tear gassed by cops is what started the riots. Cops escalate violence every chance they get. Walking into an angry crowd alone with your flag quite frankly is a really dumb idea. Posting on ATS as if it's some big example of conservatives having their rights trampled is also ridiculous. Sinclair media owns 40% of the local news outlets and forces them to run highly slanted conservatives takes on stories everyday. FOX is one of the most popular news (propaganda) stations. You control the Senate and the White House. Conservatives have so much freedom they are shoving insane conspiracy theories down the publics throats on a daily bases. You are not being silenced in any way shape or form. I don't condone the crowds actions but trying to use this as an example of conservatives being silenced is silly.

I'm sure if I marched a BLM flag into a White Nationalist meeting and got a beat down you'd run to my defense and make a big post on ATS about how liberal 1st amendment rights were being violated. Of course not, you'd post how that commie had it coming.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I get the impression they will post whatever their
script tells them to.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I can take blame for being vague when I’ve written the word “LINO” and I’ll take a stab at pointing specific members out in the future. I’ve made it a point not to name members specifically as I’ve had some posts deleted for attacking members so I’ve been cautious as the actual posts that were deleted were hardly an “attack”, especially in comparison to the numerous posts outright calling people idiots, stupid, cucks, take your pick of the various legit attacks at other members that seem to fly under the radar regularly while other posts are cherry picked by mods for deletion.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

How dare you. You don't know me. If the ATS police don't time-you-out for this it will prove ATS is a right-wing echo chamber.

You self identify as a communist - blame yourself.
edit on 26-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I guess I can't blame you. I just had an entire thread get practically deleted for defending my point of view from a jackass accusing me of BS.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It's a Confirmed Conspiracy Right Now .

" Tim Murtaugh: National Polls Actively Trying to Suppress Trump Voter Enthusiasm "

" Murtaugh pointed to two recent CNN and Quinnipiac polls, which had a sample of only 24 percent who identified as Republicans. “Twenty-four percent — less than a quarter of the country. That compares to Republican turnout according to exit polls in both 2016 and 2018 of 33 percent, so they’re undersampling Republicans by 9 points in that poll,” he said.

“They just no longer exist? They just wiped out more than a quarter of Republicans and said, ‘OK, here’s the poll.’ Well of course it shows that Joe Biden is ahead. But we know that there is enormous enthusiasm on the president’s side,” he added. "

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

No one believes your false narrative.

Rioting and destruction is NOT a First Amendment right.

Neither is peaceful protest in Washington DC if the President was his photo taken with a Bible.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Soon the soapbox won't be big enough to hold all the conservatives that need to air the grievances day after day after day after day yada yada yada.

They are the most oppressed minority in America today. No. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Nope .
Grouping folks together without knowing is still considered ignorant.
Y'all has a totally different meaning and is used in a totally different aspect.
By and large , we are not bigoted.

You mean like lumping peaceful protesters in with the looters and rioters ?

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Soon the soapbox won't be big enough to hold all the conservatives that need to air the grievances day after day after day after day yada yada yada.

They are the most oppressed minority in America today. No. Seriously.

I have no doubt, I read their many many grievances every day on this site alone, if only conservatives had a bigger audience to air their grievances too they might get a following.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join