It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s what happens to conservatives when try to practice their first amendment rights .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

“at that point I [had] counted 82 explosions and just thought, you know, somebody has to do something.”

tldr version : Perhaps things went wrong when he decided he was the person to do something about it? His plan, "Imma walk around with a flag" is gonna do what?

Here is some common sense for you, if you elect yourself to fix a problem, make sure it is a problem you know how to fix. Especially if explosions are involved. When riots etc. start law is the first thing to breakdown so always double check your ideals against reality.

Let me repeat, don't volunteer to fix problems you don't know how to fix.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Are they even officers? If they are not identifying themselves, if no one knows what branch of the govt they are from, if they are not reading them the miranda rights..

Its illegal!!

You are under the false assumption that LEO's have to identify themselves when questioned and that they have to read you your rights as soon as they take you into custody.

When they do it is a matter of department policy not law. Policy can be changed to fit the operating theater. Any questions answered without being read their rights after being arrested can lead to further charges but may not be admisable in court. Once they do read you your rights "anything you say can and will be held against you."

Learn your rights and know your rights. Best advice, do not talk to the police. Know the laws pertaining to surrendering ID. Some states are stop and ID which IMO are a travisty, but most are not. All states that I know of require you to identify yourself once you are arrested. After that, shut up, say nothing other than you want a lawyer.
edit on 24-7-2020 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
And, some of the hatred shown toward the left is palpable across the internet.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Turn on the news and get a look at what happens to 'non-conservatives' when THEY practice their First Amendment rights. They get gassed, abducted by federal thugs, shot in the head with 'less lethal' ammunition, beaten with batons... how about that Navy vet who was pummeled and sprayed in the face? How are his first amendment rights doing these days?

First Amendment rights DO NOT cover rioting.
There are laws against that.
And , who is to say what led to what happened to the Navy "guy" ?
Did we get an MSM version of the story where they leave out important parts for "viewers" ?
Or , does folk really go by YouTube videos ?
Are you saying that just because one is or has been in the military they can do no wrong ?
Paul Harvey used to say "And now , for the rest of the story"

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Running wild and unchecked from liberals. Especially the ones in other countries.

edit on 7/24/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Those protestors have a factual right to burn a flag in America. While this guy can have the opinion that he doesn't like it, he doesn't have the right to stop them.

Free speech is more complicated than you think. You don't have the right to suppress others' free speech.

Now - I do agree that beating the man protesting the flag-burning goes against the concept of free speech, and of course, whoever did that should be arrested for assault. The propper channels for dealing with it are already in place.

If the protagonist of your story had beaten the flag-burners, he would get arrested for assault. Everyone needs to chill and talk things out.

Uh yeah they Broke the law by stealing the mans flag from him. Your rights end where anothers begin. In other words he ceased being a protestor and became a criminal.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
By what I hear, they have no identifiable markers, they are dressed more like military, but we are supposed to take it for granted that they are Leo's when the pull up in an unmarked car and force us into it?
Umm. No, just no!! Theres a whole mess of people who dress just like them that go out in the woods and play war that have no ties to the govt or law enforcement. That's just making it too danged easy for them to bring their war game into the city and start taking prisoners.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You guys go by the you tube videos and fox news reports when it's to your advantage.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Again I will tell you it depends on policy. There is no law that states they have to wear markers or that they can't wear camo. Your concerns are valid and I agree they should be clearly marked, but that means nothing. There are ways to make that change through policy, the weakest way, legislation the strongest or through case law which is also strong and can be persued by any citizen through the courts. Rioting at the federal courthouse is not the way to make those changes.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Soon the soapbox won't be big enough to hold all the conservatives that need to air the grievances day after day after day after day yada yada yada.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

You guys go by the you tube videos and fox news reports when it's to your advantage.

Who is "you guys" ?
You do know that terminology is considered offensive and racist in the South , yes ?
If not , you do now.
edit on 7/24/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Ummm..
That's funny. I'm a yankee that spent ten years in texas. Never had anyone tell me that the term you guys was offensive...
But, to answer your question, you guys, as in the conservatives on ATS.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Leftists are pathetic

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You guys is offensive?

I have never heard that and don't believe it.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You guys is offensive?

I have never heard that and don't believe it.

It is if you're really sensitive.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Beats me, but if it is I will tell him the same thing I would tell anyone who griped at me for saying merry christmas...
You cant teach an old dog new tricks so dont try..

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Drucifer

Are they even officers? If they are not identifying themselves, if no one knows what branch of the govt they are from, if they are not reading them the miranda rights..

Its illegal!!

Did they ever tell us who the people were that were slashing the tires? Did any branch of the govt claim them as theirs? How can they be held accountable for the damage they caused?

And, how does anyone know if the fool that is shoving them into the unmarked car isnt just someone who stopped by an army surplus store and bought a uniform, sewed on a police patch on the back, grabbed his gun and headed out to play?
Identify yourself, show me a badge, otherwise, screw you, meet mrs mace!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699
Hey if any of those guys tried to shove me in a van they could meet mrs mace also...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Post of the day

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

By what I hear, they have no identifiable markers, they are dressed more like military, but we are supposed to take it for granted that they are Leo's when the pull up in an unmarked car and force us into it?
Umm. No, just no!! Theres a whole mess of people who dress just like them that go out in the woods and play war that have no ties to the govt or law enforcement. That's just making it too danged easy for them to bring their war game into the city and start taking prisoners.

Did you happen to watch the videos and if so, did you notice the "POLICE" patches on the front and back of the uniforms?

Guess not.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: HalWesten

This is about double standards, hypocrisy and the fact that the LINOs have completely exposed themselves. Be honest with yourself... if a group of armed black men wearing 'thuggish' clothing entered a state house in the south demanding racial equality they wouldn't be arrested? Would they be defended by the alt right? You know the answer to this. But please, keep on playing the victim.

I've seen a select few of you pushing the LINO meme recently. Are you sure everyone you are accusing of being a LINO is even a Libertarian at all?

Is that what that means? I've never claimed to be a Libertarian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join