It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s what happens to conservatives when try to practice their first amendment rights .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A patriotic marine veteran and resident of Portland Oregon. Sat in his home for more than 50 days in fear of the violent protesters outside his window.

Finally he had enough and decided to get up off the couch and exercise his first amendment rights.

“at that point I [had] counted 82 explosions and just thought, you know, somebody has to do something.”

For his efforts he was verbally abused and had to flee criminals intent on aggravated assault.

He also witnessed attacks on other individuals attempting to practice their first amendment rights.

Another scene that left him in utter dismay was seeing a 65-year-old Black veteran attempt to stop the burning of Johnson’s flag, only to be beaten by alleged Black Lives Matter protesters.

“He said, 'there's no way you're gonna burn this flag.’ That was followed up by Black Lives Matter, Black men, running after this man, punching him in his face, grabbing the flag and throwing it over the fence,” said Johnson as he emotionally recalled the horrific incident. 

It’s a dam good thing he didn’t come to that gentleman’s aid.

Disclaimer:

Be warned do not suggest that after peacefully assembling for protest . Then being attacked anyone should defend theirselves.

Neither should you suggest you’ll emerge victorious in your 100% completely lawful defense of yourself.

That is inciting violence and you will be canceled.

For more than 50 nights, Gabriel Johnson, 48, a retired Marine, has been kept awake by the sounds of rioting and explosions taking place outside his window in Portland, Ore. After two months of living in fear, at 3 a.m. Sunday he had had enough, “at that point I [had] counted 82 explosions and just thought, you know, somebody has to do something.”

Living only a block away from the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in downtown Portland, which has become an epicenter of violence that has overtaken the city, Johnson marched into the chaos with his American flag in hand.

While he expected his actions would be divisive to some, the retired Marine was not prepared for the reaction he got.

self defense is wrong stay on the couch the cancel culture wins
edit on 24-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

“We fight not to enslave, but to set a country free, and to make room upon the earth for honest men to live in.”

Thomas Paine

Inciting violence remove quote American revolution off .

No one has the right to defend their selves .

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think he made a solid point when he stated that black community leaders needed to stand up and lead, that’s coming from his point of view and he’s a part of that community. It seems he doesn’t feel he’s being properly represented...
reply to: Fallingdown

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

We all need to stand up . But if you mention practicing your constitutional rights then defending yourself from violence .

You get deemed the aggressor .

Has anyone figured out where the premise behind my point comes from ?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The couple times I broke the law I had to pay the consequences . I feel like I was robbed now. I would like the few grand I paid in fines back.

These rioters need to be thrown in prison and the politicians that are stopping the police from doing there jobs need imprisoning for life.

These are not protestors, these are not revolutionaries these are terrorists.

I have no problems with the oppressed taking action against a corrupt government ( like we have) but most of the damage being done is against civilians.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Turn on the news and get a look at what happens to 'non-conservatives' when THEY practice their First Amendment rights. They get gassed, abducted by federal thugs, shot in the head with 'less lethal' ammunition, beaten with batons... how about that Navy vet who was pummeled and sprayed in the face? How are his first amendment rights doing these days?

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Turn on the news and get a look at what happens to 'non-conservatives' when THEY practice their First Amendment rights. They get gassed, abducted by federal thugs, shot in the head with 'less lethal' ammunition, beaten with batons... how about that Navy vet who was pummeled and sprayed in the face? How are his first amendment rights doing these days?

No one believes your false narrative.

Rioting and destruction is NOT a First Amendment right.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

These innocent souls you speak of, were they anywhere near the violent assholes who were burning buildings and throwing stuff at police?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The problem is, a lot of these "non-conservatives" are present when there are violent thugs and criminals who are attacking innocent bystanders and police, as well as destroying private and public property. Do you expect someone who is peacefully protesting to stick around if they disagree with violence/destruction happening around them? I would not.

There are going to be situations where someone was not a violent agitator and are being exposed to tear gas and bean bags or whatever BUT are you seeing what the public authorities and private citizens who live in these areas are dealing with right now? Sorry, a lot of the "protestors" are simply opportunists who enjoy destroying things and/or willfully allowing those around them to do so because they have some sick fascination/appreciation for it.

Again, I'm sure there is collateral damage but good citizens and even children have been murdered because of these riots and the local "leadership" seems to be condoning it in these democratic cities

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

God bless that Marine and the other veteran who tried to stop his flag from being burned.
These assholes are nothing but cockroach terrorists rioting and destroying sh!t under the guise of BLM and civil rights.
Anyone that supports them for one goddamn minute is an anti-American, cockroach terrorist supporter.

(post by RazorV66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Oh look...here is a cockroach terrorist supporter right here.
You probably use the American flag to wipe after you take a dump.

And yet an armed and angry mob of right wing terrorists can invade a state house cause they are mad about not being able to get haircuts and there are zero arrests and no complaints around here. Or armed right wing terrorist marched and trespassed on a Governors own house pounding on the windows demanding for the Governor to come out, then proceed to hang an effigy of him by a noose outside. No complaints by the ATS crew! You'd think that as per other comments you'd be all yelling that the Governor should have shot all of them dead in a mow of self-defense bullets. Right? Just like you all state you'd do if anyone came onto your property acting aggressive? Actually you all said you'd do it to peaceful protestors so that goes without saying.

ATS LINOs exposed. Every. single. day.
Y'all have zero credibility.

Might want to wash your own flag. There appears to be something highly hypocritical on it.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I assume the first part of your story is when they went to Lansing, MI a couple months ago?
Completely peaceful, no rioting, no assaulting police with frozen water bottles....nothing.

I don’t know what the 2nd part of your story is, you got any links so I can read about it?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

How dare you. You don't know me. If the ATS police don't time-you-out for this it will prove ATS is a right-wing echo chamber.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

How dare you. You don't know me. If the ATS police don't time-you-out for this it will prove ATS is a right-wing echo chamber.

You are right, I don’t know you.
But I have seen your posting history consistently defending these terrorists, while acting like they are peaceful protesters protected under the First Amendment.
As someone else said,...rioting, burning, looting and assaulting police and other people such as the guy in the OP are not protected by First Amendment rights.
That’s called breaking laws.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

B-b-b-but I thought this was bout race?
News doesn't want to admit the Marxist money and plotting behind it all, because DNC and Chinese moolah. Which is propped up by fraudulent gold. Trillions of it. Full of tungsten.
Where'd that story go?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

If there were no rioting going on, I’d 100% have your back. I even allow some room for *some* civil disobedience, but this has gone on far too long. There’s zero end in sight right now. Portland has already taken funding away from the police, $15,000,000 so far. Other cities have also, some 10x more than that. But they’re still rioting.

If the protesters aren’t going to outright denounce the violence, then this is all for nothing. The rioting and looting is 100% what is standing in the way of fruitful discussion. If the taliban came in and started setting fire to our federal buildings, what would we call it? Protests? Christ, I sound like a f*ckin’ republican right now.

We have the right to peaceful protests. When there’s 2000 people gathered in one area and hundreds of them are setting sh!t on fire, hurling stuff at cops and federal agents, ripping down public property, that’s NOT PEACEFUL, DUDE.

At this point you had to have seen me arguing against the majority here on ATS, if not, look through my post history. 9x out 10 I’m called a liberal or leftist on here because I do it so much. But in this case, I have to side with the majority of ATS. What’s going on right now is NOT peaceful and it’s 100% counteractive to what this started out as.

I know for a fact there are peaceful protesters out there, I went to 3 protests here in South Florida, 2 of which had zero rioting, but one turned south the second it got dark and the protesters had to stand between the looters and the stores to stop them. If the jackasses in Portland did the same thing, they’d gain some credibility. It’s NOT going to happen until the legit protesters stop the rioters.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
So in our line of thinking every Catholic priest is a pedophile? The VAST majority of the people coming out are peaceful protestors acting well within their First Amendment rights. The fact that a group of malcontents take advantage and riot/loot does not mean the larger, legitimate group loses their rights. Yes, I support the protesters --- like any REAL American would. I stand with the likes of Jim Mattis, Bill McRaven, and Mike Mullen whose asses you are not worthy enough to wipe.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think anti-left wing echo chamber is more fitting.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

And yet an armed and angry mob of right wing terrorists can invade a state house cause they are mad about not being able to get haircuts and there are zero arrests and no complaints around here.

Stop right there. That protest was actually peaceful, they didn't "invade" the state house, they walked in as is our privilege to do so. There were no riots, no trespassing, no one beaten up, no businesses burned, nothing other than the People's voices heard. And since you have no understanding of why our protest happened, let me fill you in. Our governor overstepped her legal rights to continue the shutdown of our state because she failed to - and in fact refused to - work with our legislature on the extension. She ignored the law that pertains directly to pandemics because it would have limited her reach and power. That's going through the court system now, a petition will be circulating soon to get her recalled and one is circulating right now to force her to work with the legislature on emergency matters. She was haphazard in shutting down certain types of businesses while allowing other businesses to stay open. No rhyme or reason, it was just whatever she wanted. She claims she's using "scientific data" yet she refused to show anyone this "data" until just recently, and that was incomplete.

I can't answer the other part of your blathering, I don't live in that state.

Now that you have the facts, would you like to take back your claim? Or do you like not having any credibility yourself?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join