It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back in Black Turns 40 Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah ... I know !

40 years ago one of the greatest rock albums was born , featuring Brian Johnson on vocals and songs that have become rock staples Back in Black is probably in all our record collections , dust it off and give it some love.... it's 40 !

Back In Black is the best title track ever , pure class.

And the first single I'd ever bought.

Happy Anniversary guys.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Finally, something we agree on! The Imperial Superiority of the Almighty ACCADACCA!!

I have one of Angus' signature models. It has the best tone of anything I've ever played. It's f-ing ALIVE i tell you

edit on 24-7-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Great album! I was jamn it out last week. Had an uncle give me a copy of that wen I was in my late teens.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I must say I was a huge Bon Scott fan and was devastated when he passed, I never thought they'd play again. When I heard they were recording with a new singer I was pissed - it seemed like a sellout and a hugely disrespectful to Bon's memory ( I was 19).
I bought the record anyway just so I could hate on it, and I was blown away. Brian Johnson was the perfect fit, same fire and swagger without coming off like a Bon wannabe. The backstory about him joining the band made it even better.
Long live ACDC!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
AC/DC - Have A Drink On Me.

Although, now that we have tobacco and alcohol Prohibition in South Africa, sorry boys, I can't offer you a drink.

Whatever I can scratch together is going down my own hatch.

But nevertheless, I recall when I posted this song on social media in 2009 I immediately had to copy some jumble of letters and numbers to confirm I'm still "sober".
I'm like what's this? They got sober people on social media?
What ever happened to that? Copy these digits stretched in all conceivable acid trip directions to confirm you're "human"? Was that just Mark Zuckerberg having fun?

Anyway, time to shake a leg and rock out.

edit on 24-7-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My first introduction to hard rock, back in the day. The album is the first one I turn to, no matter what kind of mood I am in.

I got to see them 3 times and loved every minute of it.

40 years.
I feel old.
LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
By the way, did you know that Back In Black has been certified to be the second-best-selling album of all time by the Recording Industry Association of America?
www.blabbermouth.net...

Anyway, I had an anchovy pizza this afternoon, and I'm mighty thirsty in a "dry" country.
Bring on the AC/DC!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ah that means it was 40 years ago that a teenage me, walking through hills in Northern California, came across a herd of cattle, decided to show my posterior by pushing play on my boombox with my brand new AC/DC Back In Black cassette in it... Only to discover that AC/DC apparently makes herds of cattle charge whoever is playing the AC/DC in their general direction.

Learned a couple of valuable lessons that day. One that I really loved that cassette and, two, that cows can run a LOT faster than one might assume.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We have common ground on this topic. Music really does bring people together.

edit on 2020/7/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

They said Bon Scott never recorded or even wrote lyrics to BiB. Any song. Then, in the 90s, this showed up...

YouTube - AC/DC, Back in Black (Bon Scott version)

I like the different guitar arrangement and, of course, the vocals..

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I went to Back In Black tour in Philly. Although it officially kicked off the tour, partly because of the bell, it was actually like the 2nd or 3rd show.

iirc, it was The Scorpions warm-up.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've always considered AC/DC overrated. The music is good but the vocals are very unfortunate.

Geddy Lee.. now that's how you sing in the higher octaves like a boss.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Such a great album, the second one I ever bought, the first being for those about to rock.

I still crank out hells bells, shoot to thrill and a few other classics from that album on the electric guitar when the mood hits.

top topics

join