It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida "sky" quakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I check out this site from time to time and this story seemed to transfer into some of the discussions here regarding cover ups. Not sure what this could have been but Florida has seen its share of wierd occurances

cryptome.org
Such mystery booms have a very long history and have been reported from all over the world. Sometimes a cause can be identified, but mostly they remain a mystery.

www.lewis-clark.org...

www.du.edu...

www.unknowncountry.com...

Et multiple cetera.

The 1977 MITRE book by Claflin-Chalton and MacDonald, "Sound and Light Phenomena: a Study of Historical and Modern Occurrences" is probably the best single reference for such things.

12 March 2005.

F writes:

I experienced something similar in 2003 here in Charleston SC; don't recall it "lasting" any duration, it was more like a very LARGE sonic boom. I did a bit of research at that time and there is something referred to as "sky-quakes" that are possibly related to even relatively minor seismic activity.

I AM NOT convinced F-18s (or other similar sized aircraft) could ever cause this type of noise. Those little lawn-darts generate a rather sharp "crack" vice "boom". I do remember the twin boom of a Shuttle approach over Jacksonville FL and that event was rather weak compared to the Charleston event and suspect the Tampa event is of related origin.....whatever the hell it is. The following link is to one of the articles in the Portland and Courier archives:

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am always intrigued as to why the government doesn't tell the truth, usually it is to protect Classified material. Seems like this is one of those cases or they just do not know.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is also a couple of days old.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
... and covered on ATSNN here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join