It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution To Ban Racist Democratic Party Introduced In Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A move who's time has come?

Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas introduced a resolution on Thursday to ban the Democratic Party or any other political party that supported slavery.

Gohmert’s resolution also calls on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to have all items removed from the House of Representatives wing of the U.S. Capitol or the connected House office buildings that name any political party or organization that supported slavery.

www.westernjournal.com...

--Democrats platform in the 1840s and ’50s called for Congress to keep slavery
--Democrats in congress did not support newly freed slaves receiving equal protection of the law (14th. amendment)

--Democrats in congress did not support newly freed slaves receiving the right to vote (15th. amendment)

--Democrat President Wilson introduced segregation policy in US govt. in 1912
--Democrats in the Senate filibustered to block the Civil Rights Act of 1964
--Democrats passed Jim Crow laws
--Democrats formed the ranks of the KKK
--Democrat Robert Byrd led a KKK chapter (Hillary Clinton's proclaimed "mentor" and "Heart of the Senate")

--Democrat Joe Biden opposed student busing programs in the 1970s

...of course there is much, much more.

The Democrat party has fought for slavery and segregation throughout it's history.

Considering the moves in congress and elsewhere to cancel or rename everything in the country even remotely connected with slavery...why wouldn't the Democrat Party now support changing it's own name?
Even Planned Parenthood finally admitted it was founded in racism by a declared racist.

It's time Democrats fess up to their own history and finally admit that the Democrat Party is the party of slavery, racism and segregation...and Gohmert is making it easy-peasy for them...just change their name.

I'm sure Democrats will now support this resolution holding themselves to the same standards they are now trying to impose on everyone else.
--BUT I KID.
edit on 24-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Finally giving the party of destruction a taste of its own medicine.

I've been waiting for something like this to happen because I've been anxious to hear how democrats would defend this if it was ever brought up.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
posted earlier in the Mud Pit....
here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

join