It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Daily Dose of White Guilt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I don't have any guilt. My grandparents got off the boat in the 1890's.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I don't have any guilt. My grandparents got off the boat in the 1890's.

My dad's family came from Ireland helped build the railroad and we know how bad they were treated, and my mom's family escape from Nazi Germany to lose everything in the depression, so someone tell me the guilt I need to have here as a white person...lol

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah. I get it.

The Grisly Story of America’s Largest Lynching

www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh boo hoo

Those poor, hard-done-by black people, damn white people wont stop achieving better results.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I've seen you bring up charter schools a couple of times now. Are you saying charter schools are better than public schools?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Here you go folks, courtesy of the New York Times.

Of course, the NYT is going to print this kind of garbage. Their main shareholder and the man they're beholden to for saving their sorry ass is Carlos Slim, a Mexican business magnate of Lebanese descent. I have a feeling he's probably racist against all white Americans.

BTW, his wife who died in 1999 had "philanthropic" interests in organ donation. Imagine that. His brother worked in one of Mexico's top intelligence agencies. Just some little factoids taken off wiki.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Wait a second-i'm white so where's my guilt? i'm entitled to that guilt! why do dem black people get all the guilt and not me?

The only reason black people even get into college is sports. The principals don't want them in class to educate them, they just want star wide receivers, star power forwards etc 'oh that black boy can use a good education, but he gud at running'

it's exploitation if you ask me. But however these black athletes do it to finance their family and reach for the stars-there's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Yes statistically children do better in charter schools especially minority children.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

We're coming to the point where, "I blame white people" is the universal answer for every problem and injustice in the world.

I'm just gonna own it, we can out-evil every other race on the planet. That makes them all slackers.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hmmm. I'm positive that there's more to it than that.

Charter schools aren't any better than public schools, and often have poorer facilities and such.

The only thing charter schools have going for them is smaller teacher to student ratio. The students still need to apply themselves to learn, and it wouldn't surprise me to find out that it's common to just pass students.

I'd like to see you provide some sources on your statement, because that flies against everything I know about charter schools, and I've got friends who have kids in charter school. I haven't seen anything special about them.

In fact I have seen multiple articles and studies claiming that charter schools as a whole aren't any better than regular public schools.

It may be true that charter schools in some areas are better than regular public schools in some areas, but that's not true across the board.
edit on 2372020 by AutomateThis1 because: Wasn't done.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Charter schools have higher standards better discipline which contributes to higher grades. The reason they have poorer facilities is that they are not allowed to use empty school buildings, they would rater tear them down than allow a charter scool use the buildings. Check out Thomas Sowell book charter schools and their enemies.

edit on 23-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: ADD THOUGH AND CORRECTED SPELLING

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

We're coming to the point where, "I blame white people" is the universal answer for every problem and injustice in the world.

True. I'm getting to the point where my give-a-damn is busted.

edit on 23-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Higher standards and better discipline definitely help. I would also guess if they attend a charter school they just might have parents that care about their kids actually getting an education.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I just want to see some facts on this, because nothing I've seen from charter schools would make me want to send my hypothetical kids to one.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Do you have educational people in your family who are union? y LIke I recommended the book by Thomas Sowell who is a fellow at Stanford not a bastion of Republican thought. He is not afraid to tell the truth about the subjects he writes on.

edit on 23-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: SPELLING

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

well if you are going to have a race war can you please take down that rag of a paper ny times

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

They're the ones trying to start it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This mess we’re in is no accident. The leadership on both sides has to be complicit and it’s time for madame guillotine. A reply to: underpass61

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Do you have educational people in your family who are union? y LIke I recommended the book by Thomas Sowell who is a fellow at Stanford not a bastion of Republican thought. He is not afraid to tell the truth about the subjects he writes on.

No, but I know what angle you're getting at.
I've seen the difference between a regular public school and a charter school with my own eyes. I've seen the coursework that my friends' children bring home. It's not what I would call a good education.

So, I'm inclined to believe that some areas may have better charter schools and some don't. I don't think charter schools are the be all/end all of public schooling.

I know about Sowell, and what he says about charter schools.

But from what I've seen with my own two eyes and heard I am not impressed.

Charter schools may very well test better. But the same argument for regular public school testing holds true to charter school testing. Just because kids are getting good grades and graduating does not mean that they are actually learning or receiving a good education.

Myself and many of my classmates cheated our entire way through school and passed. Looking at the numbers we probably made the school look good, but when it came down to it I was 18 years old and could barely multiply and divide.

I had to go out and buy text books and teach myself what I didn't know so I could pass Accu-placers and job tests.

So, no I'm not going to agree that better testing equals better schooling. I don't care about political slant or unionization.

When charter schools are already hard pressed for funding they are going to do what they can to get increased funding.

Gaining access to charter schools is BS as well. You either have to apply as if you were going to some institution of higher learning or more likely enter into a lottery drawing, and due to distance it's not feasible for everyone anyways.

If, as a child, I had gained entry into a charter school my mother would have had to drive me an higher to school, and an hour from school, and that wasn't feasible for a family with two working adults.

I've heard the whole charter school is better argument before. I've worked with kids who had graduated from charter schools. On average they weren't any brighter than any other publicly educated person.

So, as I stated prior. I'm not going to say that no charter school is better, but I definitely think that it depends on location. Just like any other public school.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I sent iut children to a charter school for a few years( we moved) it was fantastic! We lived in South Florida. The public school they did go to had an awful IEP teacher and the reason I moved my children is because the principal backed up her teacher. The teacher was name calling and poking fun at the children. Both of the schools were very diverse.
posted by: PhilbertDezineck

A simple fact that shoots this down is minority children do better in charter schools. Why do you think cali is wanting a moratorium on charter schools, why is there so much resistance to charter schools in these failed public school systems?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join