It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics drive views of US response to 2 Oregon standoffs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I seem to recall the feds shooting one of Bundy's guys at a roadblock. The whole thing was on video and looked a whole lot like an execution. Amazingly enough no riots, nothing burned. Now the feds are protecting federal property from mobs that should be arrested and they're holding back for some reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperDave90

Can we also add in WACO and Ruby Ridge?

Technically, the thread is about standoffs in Oregon.

other than that:
Feds, State Jurisdiction, Propaganda

The propaganda blared to the U.S. population:
"Religious cultist thinks he's the second coming of Christ ... hah hah hah!
Marries minor girls ... yuk! yuk! yuk!"
Propaganda causes the situation of no public sympathy or support for Branch Davidians. "F... 'em Their sick!"

Legal Jurisdictional fact: Ages of marriage with parental consent is a State Statute, not Federal. A matter for State of Texas to investigate and prosecute.

Most Branch Davidians killed due to Fed actions. "No biggie, they were asking for it"

DejaVue in Portland
Propaganda: "Anarchistic Terrorists", causes fear of populous, "Feds save us!"
Legal Jurisdiction: Fed protection of Fed buildings, local jurisdiction of streets.
But trump's EO is Protecting American Cities Taskforce, like his personally constituted force can assume city wide combat zone.

The fearful populous demands safety from the villainized residents of the city. "Death to rioters! They're asking for it!"

Now then, did Republicans impeach Clinton for Waco? No. Even though I wrote to my (R) Congressman, demanding it. And Clinton said "I take full responsibility".

Maybe Republican politicians don't care what happens to Americans who have been previously villainized. "Jurisdiction be damned! We just want somebody, anybody, to kill them!"

edit on 24-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

When armed protesters took over a remote wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon four years ago to oppose federal control of public lands, U.S. agents negotiated with the conservative occupiers for weeks while some state leaders begged for stronger action.

That's an outright lie. There was no negotiation. They were ambushed in a deadman's roadblock, shot at, and one man killed in cold blood. The officers then lied about their actions and provocation.

They were occupying an empty wildlife reserve. No one was injured. No one was in danger. And the protesters did not kill anyone.

Not only were the occupations very different in nature and risk/threat to others, no one's personal property or rights were jeopardized in any way.

More important, the response to the first was MUCH more aggressive and LETHAL.

I don't recall anyone on ATS defending the occupation by the Bundy's. But many, including myself, were (and still are) outraged at the murderous law enforcement tactics unleashed on a peaceful protest.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I feel for you, it's like showing card tricks to a dog on here these days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join