It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics drive views of US response to 2 Oregon standoffs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've not seen much talk about the differences in how the feds handled these to standoffs. There was destruction of property in both cases, why was one great and the other bad? Something stinks here and it's too early in the year for rotting fish!

When armed protesters took over a remote wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon four years ago to oppose federal control of public lands, U.S. agents negotiated with the conservative occupiers for weeks while some state leaders begged for stronger action.

This month, federal officers sent to Portland to quell chaotic protests against racial injustice took swift and, some say, harsh action: launching tear gas, firing less-lethal ammunition and helping arrest more than 40 people in the first two weeks. State leaders are imploring federal forces to leave the progressive city, saying they’re escalating a volatile situation.

source

Two parties to divide the US of A, so much for united!

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
There was destruction of property in both cases

What property did Amon Bundy's group destroy?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can we also add in WACO and Ruby Ridge? a reply to: AlaskanDad

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Source - AP

LOL , Something Stinks here and it is Not Rotting Fish Pappy .

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't remember as such but i'm pretty sure the right wingers didn't kill, rape, blind, or attack anyone, or destroy the poor, majority black areas of entire cities.

Pretty sure if they had done the Feds would've come down on them hard. And it would have been repeated constantly on the news for weeks and weeks. The FBI really, really hates extreme right wing movements.

If only they showed the same contempt towards Leftist Terror groups. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I don't remember as such but i'm pretty sure the right wingers didn't kill, rape, blind, or attack anyone, or destroy the poor, majority black areas of entire cities.

Pretty sure if they had done the Feds would've come down on them hard. And it would have been repeated constantly on the news for weeks and weeks. The FBI really, really hates extreme right wing movements.

No the Bundy group never did anything wrong, left the place imaculate. Oh and the farmers fences getting destroyed was just good fun. Nothing wrong!

Lol it's the pot calling the kettle black!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well then I hope they fined them the 500 dollars or whatever the cost of the fence was.

Hardly comparable to a nationwide loot and arson spree.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Trolling 101 attack the poster if you can't win the argument!

Both standoffs were wrong no matter what was done, live with the truth...

... party politics divides America, we're not the DS of A!
edit on 23-7-2020 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I've not seen much talk about the differences in how the feds handled these to standoffs. There was destruction of property in both cases, why was one great and the other bad? Something stinks here and it's too early in the year for rotting fish!

When armed protesters took over a remote wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon four years ago to oppose federal control of public lands, U.S. agents negotiated with the conservative occupiers for weeks while some state leaders begged for stronger action.

This month, federal officers sent to Portland to quell chaotic protests against racial injustice took swift and, some say, harsh action: launching tear gas, firing less-lethal ammunition and helping arrest more than 40 people in the first two weeks. State leaders are imploring federal forces to leave the progressive city, saying they’re escalating a volatile situation.

source

Two parties to divide the US of A, so much for united!

If only Bernie was in charge.

If Bernie had been in government for a few decades he would have put laws through congress to curtail the police abuses.

Shame that he's never been in a position to help black Americans.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Evidence they destroyed property, please?

Conversely:
nypost.com...

Portland protesters barricaded federal officers inside a courthouse — and tried to set the building on fire — as the two groups clashed again Tuesday night into Wednesday.

As hundreds chanted “Black lives matter” and “Feds go home,” a team of protesters propped several wooden beams and sandbags against a door to the Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse, according to tweets from Clypian, an online news outlet run by South Salem High School students.

Videos posted by Clypian throughout the night show protesters yanking off plywood covering another entrance and the feds launching tear gas and pepper bombs at the crowds. At one point, someone tosses a firework at the officers, which explodes at their feet.

You really want to sit here and compare crossing fences with blockading federal agents inside a federal courthouse and then lighting that bitch on fire? Do you really want to dance that dance with me right now?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Too many mods for me, of course ya all are right..

...nothing to see here move along.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Like you did here instead of actually addressing the poster's facts:

originally posted by: Ohanka

No the Bundy group never did anything wrong, left the place imaculate. Oh and the farmers fences getting destroyed was just good fun. Nothing wrong!

Lol it's the pot calling the kettle black!

You have something on your face... it may be egg, but it also may be fresh #, hard to say.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Obama sent in the FBI to kill.

Trump sends in the FBI to help.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump sends in the FBI to help.

Add Bill to that list.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

And there , your true colors are shown.
This is a debate , you made it an argument .
Debates are made using facts.
Arguments are based on emotional responses.
(bold by me for subject matter)

edit on 7/23/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Too many mods for me, of course ya all are right..

...nothing to see here move along.

Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry you are being ganged up on. Everyone knows that it’s totally intelligent
to cry “too many authority figures!” when you’re being asked direct questions to which you have no good answer.

I’m sorry they’re doing that to you, honey. Totes not fair.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Here’s the thing, man: you responded to my comment in THIS thread, and my comment in this thread was simply implying that you’re spamming the boards. My comment didn’t address the subject of your thread- yet you responded to
it.

YET in your other thread, I asked you a simple and direct question about the subject matter of your thread! And THAT one you have ignored!

Why in the world would you respond to my comment in this thread, but not the direct question directly pertaining to the subject of the thread, in your other OP?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Apparently the OP doesn't know the name Levoy Finicum and the fact that the FBI set him up to be murdered.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When it seems that most of the world is against your ideas, is it not possible that your ideas are wrong? Just asking.
edit on 7 23 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join