It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two DHS Officials Apparently Just Admitted Their Troops Have Been Violating the Constitution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hoax bin

(post by Nivhk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't know, it's a bizarre situation that's for sure.

Is it constitutional for the feds to do this ?

To protect Federal property? To prosecute people who assault officers and attempt arson on a Federal building? Of course it is.

Ok seems like a slippery slope to me, but what would I know.

Would you rather what they are doing be legal, and that taxpayer funded building be sacrificed to a mob riot? Even the locals labeled it riots.

It's a messy situation, no I don't like the rioting it's a sign of a failing society. I would like to see better leadership, more cohesive leadership that mitigates some of these problems before people lose the plot and act out accordingly.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

To protect Federal property? To prosecute people who assault officers and attempt arson on a Federal building? Of course it is.

Would you rather what they are doing be legal, and that taxpayer funded building be sacrificed to a mob riot? Even the locals labeled it riots.

It's a messy situation, no I don't like the rioting it's a sign of a failing society. I would like to see better leadership, more cohesive leadership that mitigates some of these problems before people lose the plot and act out accordingly.

I can't argue with that. If we had qualified leadership in local governments, most of the last couple of months bad acts would never have happened.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Trump is making mistakes. Every time he violates the Constitution he harms our nation as well as his own reputation in the long run, assuming there is a long run.

I would recommend he finds a way to send in federal support while still maintaining the propper protocols.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Did you really just compare murder with riot control?
How do you even justify your question?
Extreme party sheep thought process.
You could have just pit this topic in the other fail thread you did.
Stop trolling ATS.
Its lame af

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Trump is making mistakes. Every time he violates the Constitution he harms our nation as well as his own reputation in the long run, assuming there is a long run.

I would recommend he finds a way to send in federal support while still maintaining the propper protocols.

Every time he violates the Constitution

I am sorry , for some reason you have Barry mixed up with Donald
The names and the deeds are nowhere similar.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Federal Agents not troops.

You need to start over it appears

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
That isnt what he said.

The disinformation on these forums is staggering. Ever since the closure announcement and The Exodus ...

I think I'm due for a very long walk too.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I can't argue with that. If we had qualified leadership in local governments, most of the last couple of months bad acts would never have happened.

Agreed.

Really, at this point the mayors and governors deserve all the mud being slung at them. I fully agree with the actual protest itself and while I didn’t agree with the looting and rioting at the start, I understood it. After 30 days of that stuff, the mayor and/or governors should have come out of their offices and said “We want to work this out, but this rioting and looting needs to stop. You are hurting your message doing this. Appoint several speakers to come in and discuss this and we can go from there. At this point, if you aren’t interested in working this out and prefer to keep destroying the city, we’re going to have to take action and we’re not going to make any progress.”

I see the allowance of the violence to continue as typical pandering from the left at the expense of innocent citizens. Local government should have been trying their hardest to quell the situation immediately.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Please list the ways he has violated the constitution. I'll wait.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
I'm out of here too much heat coming down from the heavies.

The truth is there, cherry pick all you want, but the truth is out there!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I say it isn't hard to single out jackasses throwing firebombs at Federal police and facilities on camera and find them and arrest them "proactively".

To engage in pursuing federal criminal suspects for arrest and trial, that have been identified by witness or video evidence, is standard L.E. practice since the beginning of federal law.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Detail those violations man. Because you and i both know Pelosi would already have articles drafted if what you said was true.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Agreed.

Really, at this point the mayors and governors deserve all the mud being slung at them. I fully agree with the actual protest itself and while I didn’t agree with the looting and rioting at the start, I understood it. After 30 days of that stuff, the mayor and/or governors should have come out of their offices and said “We want to work this out, but this rioting and looting needs to stop. You are hurting your message doing this. Appoint several speakers to come in and discuss this and we can go from there. At this point, if you aren’t interested in working this out and prefer to keep destroying the city, we’re going to have to take action and we’re not going to make any progress.”

I see the allowance of the violence to continue as typical pandering from the left at the expense of innocent citizens. Local government should have been trying their hardest to quell the situation immediately.

this is where you and I differ sharply. The very first rock that was thrown was illegal, and should have been stopped right then. If it's left alone, it leads to what he have now.

If you go through life with this mindset, then whenever I want things to work out for me, I just need to smash a few skulls and everyone will listen to me. that isn't supposed to be how we do business. I miss the old democratic party where pretty hippie chicks would put flowers in rifle barrels. This militant variation is dumb.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

originally posted by: infolurker

I say it isn't hard to single out jackasses throwing firebombs at Federal police and facilities on camera and find them and arrest them "proactively".

To engage in pursuing federal criminal suspects for arrest and trial, that have been identified by witness or video evidence, is standard L.E. practice since the beginning of federal law.

LOL right? it's like they've never heard of the F.B.I. or I.C.E.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Agreed.

The initial protest had my full support also. It stopped being valid protest long ago though. Once the point was made, anything beyond that is not protest. It's an attempt by extremist fringe to use our freedoms for nefarious purpose.

It's devolved into the dregs of society being the only ones left pretending it's protest. For some it's a daily street party and for others, it's some kind of bastardized attempted coup.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I didn’t say I condone it, I said I understood it. I know with the anger issues I used to have and while I never destroyed anyone else’s property or hurt anyone, I did plenty of really stupid things. The debate can be had all day whether or not they have a legit reason to be angered, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are angered and hold the beliefs that they are being slaughtered, along with all the other form of racism subjected to them. So you take that anger and amplify it with the voice of everyone else joining in support and it blows over, you get violence.

I said in another thread that I even believe civil disobedience can be a good thing at times, but that also doesn’t mean it has to be violent. I’d just get a bunch of bands on the back of flatbed trucks to drive around the city and turn the entire city into a giant, hippie, “Peace, love and good happiness stuff, brother”, party. Sure, the usual violence would occur that you’d see at any big festival show when someone drank or took too much, but it’d be nothing like what we’re seeing now. Let it go on for days, just a big cloud of pot smoke and B.O. and a bunch of people gathering for the sake of unity.

I don’t believe violence is required 100% of the time to draw attention or resolve major issues. In fact, I’d argue that non-violence is more effective.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You sir need to go back to school and learn some reading comprehension. Apparently your level of understanding the English language, even if it is your native language, is worse than that of a 5 year old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join