It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was A Time Traveller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Has anyone ever pondered on the concept of Jesus being a time traveller who was sent back to create 'the start of time' and to create 'religion'?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand your question. Since time and religion existed before Jesus was ever born, I'm not sure how he could create them.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A good one phixion.

I have thought about writing a book on the same subject but surely it must have been done.

The idea being that the world of the future is a war torn cesspool and so a guy is sent back in time to try and make the world a better place by creating a religion based on Love and Peace.

He has abilities to perform "miracles" using futuristic techonology and he fakes his own death on the cross in order to become a symbol for the religion. The ressurection was nothing more then him returning to the future.

Although it does sound sci-fi and far fetched if you think about it...if time travel is possible then it's not "beyone belief"...Angels could be time travelers from the future sent back to guide people to do something that will improve the future.

I'm sure in time computers will have mapped history to such an extent that they will know what insignificant events led to more important ones and whose to say that someone won't go back to these "Crossroads in time" and tell someone to go left, rather right?

This works on many levels becuase you don't have to be religious to believe it's possible...so all you scientists out there should have something to say about this.

Thanks for the idea Phixion

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Jesus..5 letters

Titor..5 letters

Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Interesting theory. Which again is very hard to prove or disprove. I still believe in that jesus was a prophet tho.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Let's try to stick to one story. If you're going to beleive that Jesus did healings and hung on the cross, are you stating that the events in the Bible did take place? If so, it states that a wound bare in his ribs that blood and water fell to the surface of the earth. He could not have survived such a wound. If so the hours of hanging long after are so insanely impossible! There is a "chance". But to philosophy chance is not sufficient for science or evidence.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
But as we are dealing with the future, who knows what might be possible

After all what's more likely....that Jesus was a time traveller sent back from the future to save the earth or he was Alimighty Gods son born to a Jewish Virgin via an immaculate conception and died, was ressurected and descened into heaven promising one day to return.

That's one thing Christians fail to grasp...the whole story of their religion is so ludicrious and fantastical and yet they say that theories much less "Amazing" then there's are "impossible"........Smacks of all kinds of ignorance and arrogance does that.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know I've heard much crazier ideas. Personally I still like the Raelians idea that Jesus was a space alien better. After all which is cooler? Time Travel or Intergalactic visitor?

~Astral

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here's a monkey wrench for consideration. Who's to say (if Jesus was a Time Traveler) that he was from the future? What about the possibility that he was from the FAR past? There have been many pseudo-theological debates on if Jesus was a time traveler or "alien" etc. With all the theories floating around, what to say he did not come from a past that used more "natural" sciences.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus was the Son of God! And...and...he was capable of performing miracles because he loved people. Then, he's like, a teacher who also gave us a chance to redeem our sins to help us get to Heaven for all eternity! Wow. Mind-blowing stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice open minded reply there saint4God!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Jesus is God and lives outside of time. Jesus exited eternity and entered time at the precise moment that He needed to complete a mission. Yes God is a time traveler and there are other places in the Bible that talk about a preincarnate Jesus appearing on the earth at other times too.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't mean in terms like that...

I mean say there was a parallel universe which was war stricken, rape, robbery, murder were general living conditions for everyone, but they created a time machine. Say they then figured out that if they went back a few thousand years and created something that everyone would follow and lead good honest lives against, this something called religion, they could set up this guy called 'Jesus' who is allegedly the son of God.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
jesus being a time traveller has crossed my mind to, it makes a little more sense in the world of space time continuam and quantum physics. He may only have aged a few years since he left earth due to the speed of light and the such, great idea not sure my brain is equipt to look into the actual mechanics but I always enjoy thinking about it thanks for reminding me.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How can jesus be sent back to start religion? Religion was around w/o jesus.

Are you saying that a guy was sent back in time for the express pruposes of starting this religion called 'christianity'?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's a damn interesting concept time travel

If it is possible then that would mean people from the future will have travelled back in time...either as observers or to become directly involved in events.

I think the word is Nexus...which basically means a point in time that offers the most ( or maybe the highest global impact) future possibilities.

If these Nexus where mapped then an advanced enough computer would be able to predict the outcome of manipulating this Nexus in any given way.

Actually that's forced me to think about an old idea that I've pondered and heard floating around...Some of you be be familar with games such as Civilisation, Age of Empires and the Sims......If computer techonoloy advances at the rate it currently does....how long will it be be before the human race can create and simulate an environment that is indisguishable from our own reality?

There's an old saying that you have to "Play the game in order to succeed"...........is that what we are doing...is this nothing more then one world out of a million being simulated by an advanced race?

I'm not talking about the Matrix ( Human Harvesting and all that stuff)...but something similar to the generated world it suggests.

As technology advances the day will come when human beings will be able to do everything that a God is supposedly able to do...create life, create worlds....manipulate the environment we create to see the outcome of out manipulation or choose to leave the Creation alone and see how it develops without our intervention.

We can see the beginning stages today with Genetics and the ideas of colonising planets...and it seems more then plausable that one day that we will be able to create everything we see around us....Instigate our own big bangs...

This is interesting and I think I need to research this idea futher.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
phin......i can figure out that ur kind of idea(jesus a time traveler) doesn't support the current events that are flowing nowadays..i mean can u find a worse or totally wicked situation that we're living on this earth....wars everywhere, hatred and killing and stealing and raping...i mean wasn't the whole idea of time traveling to make the world better?...i guess as if u're saying: iF jesus didn't shift through time to the past(which he never did...cause he's the lord of all),would we humans been living in a more outburst world?.....In other words, the whole purpose of time traveling is to make the world better..it didn't make the perspective true, right? So stop trying to act smart, and think of this for a moment,"If The Creator Didn't Love His Creation Then Why Life Was CreaTed" "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son(jesus)...." Jesus is the creater, we're the creation !!!!!

top topics

join