It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Republican resolution to ban political parties who supported slavery, et al

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Rep. Gohmert has introduced a bill that would have the effect of banning congressional democrats, due to their party's dismal positions on slavery, segregation and civil rights.

Bwahahahahaha!

If I had just taken a drink, I'd have spit it all over my keyboard.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
No black people are not leaving in droves, quite the opposite. Both parties are tools. White supremacists use the republican party as a tool to further their destructive agenda. The democrat party is getting much better as it continues to root out it's racist elements and becomes the party of peace and prosperity. The republican party was once decent but sad to say no more. As they only care about money and power and regular working people are just neglected or used as pawns. a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

How did making the employers of these crap jobs dependent on the govt to keep their low paid workers alive, content, and returning to those crap jobs help those businesses? It didnt encourage them to improve their business plan any so they could meet what was originally expected to be their obligation.

Typically a company pays out 30 to 35% for payroll and they really can not go beyond that and stay in business. It is not like they are paying 10% and pocking all the rest. All jobs can not be that single person living wage without increases in the price of the product that no one would buy at the price needed, or they would need a reduction in the work force, so what business plan do you like? How about the one where they cut the work force and put everyone on part time to save the 20% extra a company pays for things like healthcare, 401k, PTO etc which they don't need to for part time. The few lucky enough to be left get the 20+ per hour. 35% is pretty hard set...

Crap jobs will always be entry type jobs or jobs that people who can not do anything else after decades in the workforce. The goal is to gain skills and knowledge to where your time is worth a lot more to a company. The lowest paid person on my team is 85k and they don't necessary need some high end degree, but they need skills. This is a Conservative model to get back those jobs loss that pay well, pay that living wage, reduce regulations to create new "good" jobs. The Democratic model doesn't do that, they make it harder while their answer is putting everyone on subsistence, which is a really #ty life. They then want to inflate crap jobs and all that does is reduce the number of employee while they lose their benefits. A coffee shop can't charge 10+ bucks for a cup of coffee so the savings comes from some place else like less employees.

And, just how many cars could you wash in an hour? Even if you say just one, that would be 40 in a week, $200/car...
$8000/mo. Something tells me they would be able to pay that car washer with an average sized family, a wage that would place them above the income limits for most of the govt assistance programs and still make a nice profit!

Something tells you wrong. Who will pay 200 to get their car washed? As I said you can not really exceed 35% for pay...So how you do that will need to fit whether you pay 10 12 15 or 25 per hour. So the guy washes 4 cars per hour at 10 dollars per car, $40 gross per hour take in and 35% of that goes to the washer who then gets 12 bucks per hour. That is if you can average 4 per hour for 8 hours 5 days a week per washer. Do you think the one washer will see 160 cars per week...good luck.

You see white separatist the same as gang members? I doubt it. If so, I dont believe it shows on these boards much. Fields was widely defended on these boards, as were the tiki torch marchers.

I don't follow them who.. is Fields and the tiki torch marchers...

Who ever they are seems to be nothing more than people who have failed in life and can't blame themselves for their personal failures so they need to blame another group. If you go back and look at any post I made on white separatist I called them ass clowns over and over as that is what they are... They are inconsequential to anything going on and have been that way for a long time.

edit on 24-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321

The democrat party is getting much better as it continues to root out it's racist elements and becomes the party of peace and prosperity. [/post]

Its really peaceful in Portland as I write this, and the left has gone extreme left, so is that what you see as prosperity? What actually does that mean?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Your forgetting Jessie Helms and Robert Byrd who was in office until his death in 2010. Senator Byrd was a “ GREAT “ friend of one Nancy Pelosi. And he was a Grand knight of the KKK.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein There was NEVER a big switch. That’s a pileup dog crap. Like I said Jesse helms was a democratic senator for years and Robert Byrd was a KKK grand Knight and in the Senate till 2010

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think we might see a dissolution of the Democrat Party or maybe a "New" Democrat Party" or the next two major political parties are going to be the Libertarian Party with an influx of old Democrats and the second party being the long standing Republican party.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Paul911GT3

Actually Robert Byrd was a Grand Wizard in the KKK... much higher rank than a Knight.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You have to ban both parties then Einstein.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Continuing to support the notion that the Democrat Party of today is wholly comprised of the same racists of the Democrat Part of the Civil War era is either pushing a right wing propaganda meme or demonstrates a profound lack of historical knowledge.

And sure there were the Dixiecrats and sure there was George Wallace. But how about this, George Wallace was pushed out of the Democrat Party because of his racist beliefs. It was the Democrat Party that expunged him from their ranks. He realized that his racism would no longer be tolerated in that party and left to run on his own third party ticket in 1968

Oh c'mon...Wallace was a Democrat...He didn't believe any differently than most Democrats...They just didn't like the idea that he was exposing them...In the end he garnered a tremendous amount of support...And not a single one of those supporters was a Republican...
I currently know many, many Democrats...And most of them could certainly identify with George Wallace...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Cite sources and examples please, showing who was racist, and when they left I saw 2 who left and joined but 1 was not a kkk member. Lbj, Robert Byrd, Joe Biden, Hilary Clinton, Bill Clinton all proven racists and notice 2 on that list are Presidential candidates and one a former President. Brush up on reality mate. a reply to: ras321

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I said

And that's BS. It was the Democrat Party that worked to establish avenues to success to a minority group that had suffered serious social disadvantages for centuries. It's your interpretation that suffers from propaganda here.

Here, I pointed out that the Democrat Party sought to establish avenues to success for a minority group that had suffered serious social disadvantages for centuries. That minority was the black minority that had suffered under slavery and Jim Crow and other forms of segregation for centuries. Can we understand that together?

But somehow, you seem to have understood that statement about ''centuries'' and thought I was referring to centuries of action to rectify the injustices placed on that minority group.

If we are going to post to one another, let's at least try to comprehend what the other is posting , ok?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Fair point. Yet even as Wallace was pushed out of the party, did not Byrd back away from his open association with the klan? Didn't he, he at least not work as an overt racist but had to at least put it under a cover?
And Helms? Both of those were not champions to those who sought racial equality within that party. They were tolerated to a degree and allowed to continue to represent those citizens who favored those positions. It is after all a representative government.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And Helms? Both of those were not champions to those who sought racial equality within that party. They were tolerated to a degree and allowed to continue to represent those citizens who favored those positions. It is after all a representative government.

"Tolerated"?
Hillary called Byrd "My Mentor" and "The Heart Of The Senate".

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Robert K. Byrd was anything but "tolerated" in the Senate.
He was actively proposing and passing segregation policy...which was supported and rammed through by top democrats.

JOE BIDEN voted FOR the anti-integration BYRD AMMENDMENT :

Biden also voted for the “Byrd amendment,” which prevented the Health, Education, and Welfare Department (HEW) from using any funds, directly or indirectly, for integration by busing.

www.currentaffairs.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Here, I pointed out that the Democrat Party sought to establish avenues to success for a minority group that had suffered serious social disadvantages for centuries.

"Democrat Party sought to establish avenues to success" and what was that? That is my point....I think the term is hoodwinked... That is what they did in the 60s to quell, in their view, the uprising of a inferior class of people. They still pushed forward with their segregation agendas that even today still live in many ways from their efforts.

There were no "avenues to success" that they put forth, ever...

Go to these democrat run cities and see that the black population is still in chains, generations of subsistence living that the Democrats feel is good enough with no effort to pick them up out of that horrendous life style. They just keep pushing bad schools, 70+% born to young single mothers with deadbeat dads, drugs, gangs, dysfunction from the lowest to the highest.

THAT is what the Democratic party has sowed.

Trump is the first President for a very long time that is actually directly focusing on minorities, and he gets slammed for it. Whether it is to abolish Biden's horrendous crime bill, to working on fixing the justice system as many minorities sit in jail for decades for crimes long since paid for...they were all in jail under Obama too. Indefinite support for Black colleges. Jobs for minorities to get them off of that never ending marry-go-round of subsistence that the Democrats seem to love so much. Recent support for the Hispanics too and that was why the CEO of GOYA was praising him. What did the Democrats do? From Congress they said boycott GOYA!!

The Right has supported charter schools and student vouchers for decades to get these kids out of these horrible school conditions in these bad districts. The Left has fought them tooth and nail every step of the way. Lets keep them in chains, as Biden says...lol

edit on 25-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Joe Biden has a long voting history of being a segregationist...and, yet, it's just ignored by the MSM and the Left.
When he was in a policy-making position he pursued a segregationist agenda.

Now, that he's vying for the black vote and running for the presidency...he ignores his legacy and is willingly assisted by a compliant media in doing so.

I would SINCERELY ask his supporters this:
Do you really want to vote for a man who is personally responsible for so much of the US government segregationist policy?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a violation of your first amendment right to association.

Shocking that a Republican would be so willing to violate the rights of Americans.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That perspective Dude? I tried it out. When he first hit the debate stage I was stoked that here was someone standing with those incapable entities and calling them out for the frauds they were. Swish swish his vorpal blade went snicker snack. Grand.

Maybe I thought we could do well with a businessman in the office. That was until I found out about all those failures scattered in his wake. Borrow more and try again, borrow and try again. Put his name on everything and try again.
Use the noteriety of his Brand to borrow again and get investors to pony up until another would go bankrupt.

And champion for the underdog? Hoo boy. We need champions like that but you know what? For me, and so many others it comes right down to this one sentence you wrote.

and seems to have his country in mind.

That right there is the key. Does he really,or is his rhetoric just part of his scam to satisfy his deeply ingrained feelings of inferiority, inferiority pounded into him by an overly authoritarian father. But regardless of how or why he is how he is, to me it does not ring true with sincere devotion to either the country as a whole or to the workingmen and women who need a real champion.

And just where is that champion. Biden? ha. And all those others who stare into the camera and tell us ''my mother was a milk maid and father drove an ice truck'' bs.

The gapping void in this nation of true leadership cries for someone to fill it. And into that void stepped a semi successful semi failed business man who had been a tv star on a souped up reality entertainment game.

I gave up on real leadership decades ago, that looking for a champion for us, the working class. The best I came to hope for was us ourselves being valiant enough, observant enough to keep watch for us all to keep those false champions from sneaking further into the halls of power.

That's our job a cognizant citizens. Watch out for those who would claim run things for us an only allow true men and women into those seats that represent us. it's a job for all of us. It' s up to us to save this union, not to allow someone who either might or might not have our best interests at heart.

You come down on one side of this guy and I come down on other. We agree that he is

He's loud, arrogant, bombastic, rude, callous, and speaks without thinking. He's been that guy a long time

To that I add he is a fraud.

And again,you say to not hate him because of what I have been told. Dude, I spoke to that previously. I don't need to be told. i can watch him all day long with his babbling on and on, with his rambling from talking point to talking point, oh skip that list. i can see for myself his incompetency. If he were my boss I would quit and work elsewhere.

When i comes down to it Dude, i too want to be left alone. I struggled through my working life just to be free of the dunderheads that for one reason or another believed that they knew better how I should conduct my life than I did myself.
Screwem. Ive found my ''old age'' perch on the banks of a nice river from which i can watch those dunderheads squabble over their illusions.

I believe it is my job, as a free citizen to speak out against those who would usurp our freedoms for their own reasons. I think this is a job for all of us.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I know both of these parties are fullabullocks, but this is hilarious.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join