It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Republican resolution to ban political parties who supported slavery, et al

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

again Terry, I think this is all idiotic. I don't want to erase Democrats. And if a statue really pisses someone off enough that it MUST be removed, get a petition and go through the steps to get it done.

Nobody on the right made these rules. Nobody on the right is calling for things to be removed. It's all the left.
And this is where we all said this would lead to. Now it is. I can't apologize for laughing. It's damn funny. Like I said, all that needs to be done is for the left to come out and say, "this was a mistake, our bad", and it would be over.

eta:
as far as the president, I don't know if you are aware of this, but the left is kind of trying really hard to be against him. His anger at them is what I like to call "justified". perhaps you need to step back and look at this from another perspective.
edit on 24-7-2020 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Democrats only offer handouts to minorities because they think minorities can't do anything themselves

And that's BS. It was the Democrat Party that worked to establish avenues to success to a minority group that had suffered serious social disadvantages for centuries. It's your interpretation that suffers from propaganda here.

I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that those programs have not proved to be as successful as was originally hoped but to paint it all as being instigated by racist Machiaellianism is completely inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well put Dan.
I think I am consistent. I oppose tearing down statues and I oppose a Republican Law that would disband it's rival party.

And sure, liberals and anti racists in the Democrat Party could withdraw and form their own party. It should have been done long ago. It was tried in the sixties, with the Peace and Freedom Party, but that failed as well as others along the way. There was the Green Party with Nader in 2020. Those voters took the blame for Bush Jr an we all should know what a hell of a mistake his administration was.

Right now, with voters seemingly so evenly divided what choice to liberals have? Stick with that party or give Trump the shoe in for four more years of his addlepated mockery of real American values.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- President Lyndon B. Johnson (D)

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness.

Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ni**ers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years." -- President Lyndon B. Johnson (D)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Right now, with voters seemingly so evenly divided what choice to liberals have? Stick with that party or give Trump the shoe in for four more years of his addlepated mockery of real American values.

since the democrats kind of suck at picking leadership among their party, that looks like the choice you will be offered. Was the last 3.5 years anything at all like what you were told it would be?

aside from Covid, there would be no opposition to Trump based on economic indicators. And with no new wars, I fail to see why he's so damn horrible that burning down what we have seems to be the choice the left is picking.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It's not BS at all. By segregating us all into groups based on racial identity, or gender identity, or sexual preference, it enables Democrats to point to one of those groups (historically African Americans) and say to them "you can't get what you need because (then they point to another group) white Americans have taken all of it."

That in effect, victimizes an entire racial group, and pits them against another. Democrats take advantage of this by promising reform, promising services, but never delivering anything. And they never will, because if people weren't poor, and suffering, no one would vote for thier stupid, short sighted, BS.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: DanDanDat

Well put Dan.
I think I am consistent. I oppose tearing down statues and I oppose a Republican Law that would disband it's rival party.

And sure, liberals and anti racists in the Democrat Party could withdraw and form their own party. It should have been done long ago. It was tried in the sixties, with the Peace and Freedom Party, but that failed as well as others along the way. There was the Green Party with Nader in 2020. Those voters took the blame for Bush Jr an we all should know what a hell of a mistake his administration was.

Im glad to see consistency in arguments

As to the last question you posed ... what should liberals do? Stand up for their ideals and risk losing an election or overlook their ideals for a great chance to win an election?

If it where me I would choose the former; my ideals and my adherence to them are much more important to me than winning one election. In fact I would argue that it is only through consistent application of my ideals will they propagate to others.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Dude

as far as the president, I don't know if you are aware of this, but the left is kind of trying really hard to be against him. His anger at them is what I like to call "justified". perhaps you need to step back and look at this from another perspective.

Why do you think i am still here? Just to argue? My perspective Dude, is based on dealing with authoritarians in high school in the 60s. Watching authoritarians in the political spectrum, finding them in LBJ and Nixon and onward. Watching cults rise and fall over those years, watching people fall for promises that were tailor fit for gullible populations. Watching pop culture swing with the loudest or the shiniest.

So, yes, I have stepped back and looked at it all from other perspectives all my life shifting overtime from liberal to arch conservative and back again into extreme leftism then back to moderate Republican and then a shift to Bernie because of her.

But Trump? i have tried. I wanted to give a businessman a chance. i still would like to do that but this guy is not a businessman, he is a con man. He is a short minded screwball who in my opinion who has horns-waggled way to many people. I have listened to the perspective so many here espouse Dude and I find it seriously wanting.

So what perspective do you suggest I entertain? A perspective of a group of strangers on the internet who for all observation appear to be waling and talking and repeating falsehoods in lockstep with a man I clearly see as a complete bozo, or trust my own 50 years of adult observations on how this nation is going down the tubes. And when i say going down the tubes, you must understand that this guy is but grease on the slide of that decay.

The forces of entropy work strongly Dude. The higher the population, the ease of communication, the proliferation of existential fears, the rapid development of technology and biotech is so much more than any one leader can hold in check,let alone by this clown. He offers his supporters bread and circuses.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I want a list of each and every d'rat that votes this down, so we can compare it to past statements of "eliminating all racist icons" "traitorous confederacy" etc

This is what we get for letting their kind go on after we whipped their behinds in the first civil ear folks, don't make the mistake of reconciliation again. They'll continue stabbing us in the back and working to undermine us and take advantage of our generosity

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

here is the thing about Trump. He isn't a politician. What he is, is exactly what he's always been. He's loud, arrogant, bombastic, rude, callous, and speaks without thinking. He's been that guy a long time. But in 2016, he ran for president and won. So now, along with all that, he's the POTUS. If y'all stopped long enough to ask, I'd wager most of us hold the same views of him you do. We just accept him as President, and hope he makes good decisions. So far, he has done a fair job.

But he had to do this with the FBI, CIA, Past administration, all democrats, some deep rooted slime assed republicans, all against him and actively trying to remove him BAMN. This isn't some conspiracy theory, or some wild "vast right wing conspiracy", it's proven fact, and more comes out each day solidifying that was and is the case.

So as a champion of the underdog, I'll look out from Trump and wish him well. I believe in my country enough that I know you may have a differing opinion and you are totally free to have it. So I ask that you look at him from the outside perspective where he is fighting an uphill battle, fighting against entrenched politicians, and seems to have his country in mind. Aside from the division, we aren't in bad shape. (aside from covid as well) But it's my opinion that BLM, Obama, Democrats are trying like hell to divide us, and folks like me just want to be left alone. That part may be my biased views.

it's cool to hate him, but be sure you are doing it for YOUR reasons, and not just one's you were told to have.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Republicans aren't holding blacks down by trying to keep them dependent. They have never done anything the democrats consider racist, to people of color. We've been blamed for it by the democrats, but we've never done it. It's psychological projection on behalf of the democrats. How much longer will the dems keep their boots on the necks of poor blacks?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

since the democrats kind of suck at picking leadership among their party, that looks like the choice you will be offered.

Indeed they do. Biden? Sucks. So let's go back.
Trump vrs Biden suck vrs suck
Trump vrs Clinton, maybe vrs suck
Obama vrs Romney suck vrs suck
Obama vrs McCain, let's see if he sucks vrs suck
Bush vrs Kerry suck vrs suck
Bush vrs Gore suck vrs suck
Clinton vrs Dole suck vrs suck
Clinton vrs Bush suck vrs oh he yeah suck
Bush vrs Dukakis suck vrs we will never know.

Was the last 3.5 years anything at all like what you were told it would be?

I pay little attention to what people ''tell'' me how things are Dude. I held short lived hope forTrump, just as I held short lived hope for Obama. But have the last 3.5 years met my own expectations ? Oh yea. And there it is not my hopefull expectations but rather my fearful expectations. The only real thing he had going for him was the short term economic picture that people believed could be long lasting. It could not be so because it was built on immediate profit rather than long term development.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Columbus was also quite a bit more than 150 years ago. Democrats really have some serious cognitive dissonance going on here. But what’s new... the Marxist creed is the ends justify the means.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

If they don't start standing up to the democrats, the destruction we're looking at will only continue. I see this as a solution to bring to light, all the things we have to constantly hear about republicans, and all the finger wagging, when it's in fact the democrats who are the racist ones. According to their own standards of course.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: aravoth

I almost agree with you Ara. Yes, the victimization bit is in effect and many people of color rely upon that victimization for their identities. At least I think. However that victimization is not a figment of historical imagination. It is true. Black racial groups were placed in victimization by white people just as have other minorites.

We could get into what the Dems have managed to secure for minorities, indeed all of us but we could not do so without taking into account the long held opposition from the Republican Party.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I suppose it depends on how you measure economic success. I feel as if bringing back manufacturing to the US is a positive thing and might be a long lasting win for the US. But I'm not a super smart guy, just some random person. So on that, we all have to wait and see if it comes to fruition and then if it helps. What makes me feel better is I'm hoping for positive results for my home country. I can't see that as a bad thing. What you hope for, I hope makes you equally as happy.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Southern democrats are Republicans now. Learn your history or shut up.

Love the ability to speak without thinking. Maybe next time you could back up your debunked assertion?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

a reply to: aravoth

I almost agree with you Ara. Yes, the victimization bit is in effect and many people of color rely upon that victimization for their identities. At least I think. However that victimization is not a figment of historical imagination. It is true. Black racial groups were placed in victimization by white people just as have other minorites.

We could get into what the Dems have managed to secure for minorities, indeed all of us but we could not do so without taking into account the long held opposition from the Republican Party.

give the man a fish, or teach him to fish. That is the difference I see in the two parties with regard to this topic. Treat everyone the same, be sure everyone has the same opportunities, and bring everyone up when you rise. Trying to keep a segment stuffed into a box and only open it during election season will get old and be recognized eventually.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
Democrats cleaned house. The racists left and joined the republican party. That fact is plain as day. The democrats already acknowledge their past. The first 22 black members of congress were all republicans. Since 2000, there have been 5 black republicans and 92 black democrats. Maybe we all should agree that black people are not stupid or inferior and that they know what is up. What is up is that republicans today are the party of and for racists and racism. Democrats cleaned house now republicans should as well. Politics are strange but that is all it is. Now if black people came up and said they want to change the name of the Democratic party then ok. But rep Gohmert needs to sit his racist self down.

Because republicans usually get elected based on their content of character, not the color of their skin. What you just used as your example of republicans being racist and not democrats is akin to telling someone you have black friends so you can't be racist.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: richapau

Any proof whatsoever that is true?

I haven't seen any. In fact I challenge you to cite a single example of racism from the GOP, vs. the dozens of well documented and historically factual examples of "institutional racism" coming from the DNC. Listen to Rep. Gohmert's speech, he lays out the person, place and event.

Besides, racists/racism needs to be taken down no matter how much time has passed. Isn't that right? Or are you suggesting that *some* people get a pass while others are held accountable for it? Surely there is no such thing as nuance, context or "the times" right? Otherwise you'd be betraying the reality that democrats don't give a rats behind about slavery or Black Americans and instead are (as we suspect) merely trying to score points against Trump using totally contrived slurs against the GOP that simply do not hold water historically or in the present.

I think the point was that back in the day, the conservatives were in the Democratic Party and the liberals where the republicans.
Somewhere along the line, Dixiecrat comes to mind, the conservatives and liberals switched it up.

It’s the same type of conservative then as it is now, but now the conservatives generally support the Republican Party.

A rose is a rose.

Once a liberal/progressive minded anti slavery person, always. Doesn’t matter what the party’s name is.
Same thing for the conservatives. Same as always, just a different name on their party.

That is such an old tired used ploy. The parties have not switched. But it’s still funny watching Prigressives accuse Republicans of being too conservative while trying to convince everybody it was always really Democrats who were the Conservative party. The only difference is now some of the Progressives have tried to influence the Republican Party but they are still as Progressive as they ever were. The Democrat Party is still the party of Ruth Bader Ginsburg And Hillary Clinton eugenecists embracing Margaret Sanger only now they are trying to pretend they are not supporters of the Sanger brand of eugenics. Actually Sanger was more for sterilization than abortion but it is still depopulation.

edit on 24-7-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join