It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Republican resolution to ban political parties who supported slavery, et al

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Italian Americans are livid over Chicago removing every Christopher Columbus statue!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Italian Americans are livid over Chicago removing every Christopher Columbus statue!

Not all of us.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

That's ok because I think many on the right immigrated here from an alternate universe recently.

It wasnt a unite the left rally in charlottesville that brought in a ton of kkk and white separatist types was it? While you choose to argue about history, there is little question that the racists and white separatist are lined up with the republican party at the present time.

And as far as rewriting history, you might want to go and actually read the confederacy's constution before you go proclaiming that the civil war had nothing to do with slavery. While it outlaws the importation of more africans without the approval of their congress (guess they figured they had enough breeding stock), it would have made it impossible for that congress to ever infringe on the property rights in regards to that breeding stock and their descendants... thus embedding the institution of slavery, the owning of blacks, into the constitution preventing its demise from ever happening.

And, ain't hearing nearly as many screams of "lock them up" coming from the left towards republican, we dont fanticize mass killing of them like some of yous. We never called for the govt to shut down fox news.

Trump and his gang is following the same danged path as Hitler and the communist soviets, as well as Putin to set himself up as dictator and you guys are cheering him on.
Yes, the left has a fringe that would qualify as anarchist, but those white separatists seem to think of themselves as a modern day Phoenix that will rise out of the ashes of a collapsed america to build their white only homeland.

But, go ahead and argue over who the bad guys were centuries ago while the country goes to hell in a handbasket.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Southern democrats are Republicans now. Learn your history or shut up.

Southern Democrats are still Democrats and always have been and always will be 😎

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, again, this isn't about today. We know the democrats of today ride the coat tails of whomever is on top. But the democrats of old were racist. Currently we are charging long dead men of being racist by today's standards and removing any memories of them, lest someone feels hurt.

Again, the left made this up. The left made these rules. When you are caught up in it because the rules are uncomfortable, check out that mirror brother. When you look across the aisle at us, we are laughing, eating popcorn, and wondering when you are going to have the inevitable epiphany.

till then, the word "democrat" has racial connotations based on past actions. Cancel it.

But you are ignoring the fact that those southern democrats, which you call racists, now consider themselves Republicans. So you are basically saying that the Republicans are racist. Comprehension matters!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

The unite the right rally kind of confirms where the current racists are lined up, doesnt it?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

After that they should pass another bill that bans parties that supported Progressivism, then we can eliminate both Democrats and Republicans at the same time.

Free beer will be on me if that happens.

Define "on me", please. This will determine whether or not I show up.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Define "on me", please. This will determine whether or not I show up.

Literally, like as in you'll have to lick it off my hairless chest.

edit on 24-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Watching Dems try to make excuses for the racist history of their racist party goes GREAT with my morning coffee.

-------------------------------

edit on 24-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

That's ok because I think many on the right immigrated here from an alternate universe recently.

It wasnt a unite the left rally in charlottesville that brought in a ton of kkk and white separatist types was it? While you choose to argue about history, there is little question that the racists and white separatist are lined up with the republican party at the present time.

And as far as rewriting history, you might want to go and actually read the confederacy's constution before you go proclaiming that the civil war had nothing to do with slavery. While it outlaws the importation of more africans without the approval of their congress (guess they figured they had enough breeding stock), it would have made it impossible for that congress to ever infringe on the property rights in regards to that breeding stock and their descendants... thus embedding the institution of slavery, the owning of blacks, into the constitution preventing its demise from ever happening.

And, ain't hearing nearly as many screams of "lock them up" coming from the left towards republican, we dont fanticize mass killing of them like some of yous. We never called for the govt to shut down fox news.

Trump and his gang is following the same danged path as Hitler and the communist soviets, as well as Putin to set himself up as dictator and you guys are cheering him on.
Yes, the left has a fringe that would qualify as anarchist, but those white separatists seem to think of themselves as a modern day Phoenix that will rise out of the ashes of a collapsed america to build their white only homeland.

But, go ahead and argue over who the bad guys were centuries ago while the country goes to hell in a handbasket.

LOL, you seem angry. So much so that you pulled a fine strawman out of your ass (I bet that hurt) and then used the old "everyone who disagrees with me is Hitler" meme.

I'm sorry you got so upset. Just to be clear, I don't want anything canceled. I think the entire movement is idiotic and makes the left look even stupider than I believe them to be. Which was a tough one to actually do.

But since YOU, the LEFT has enacted this cancel culture, and seem hell bent on erasing any and all things that might upset the easily offended, you kind of have to play by the rules you made up. If you don't, then you look, well, even stupider than you look when you started all this.

The only way to come out of this would be to admit it's idiotic and a bad idea, we can all laugh, have a beer, and continue with life. But till then, cancel your party.
edit on 24-7-2020 by network dude because: sometimes even really really dumb folks figure out how to "internet".

ETA:
I almost missed this gem.

I have no words.
edit on 24-7-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, again, this isn't about today. We know the democrats of today ride the coat tails of whomever is on top. But the democrats of old were racist. Currently we are charging long dead men of being racist by today's standards and removing any memories of them, lest someone feels hurt.

Again, the left made this up. The left made these rules. When you are caught up in it because the rules are uncomfortable, check out that mirror brother. When you look across the aisle at us, we are laughing, eating popcorn, and wondering when you are going to have the inevitable epiphany.

till then, the word "democrat" has racial connotations based on past actions. Cancel it.

But you are ignoring the fact that those southern democrats, which you call racists, now consider themselves Republicans. So you are basically saying that the Republicans are racist. Comprehension matters!

Aww, that's cute, but sad. You just don't seem to grasp that I am not the one who made these stupid rules. I'm just pointing to you and the rules you made up. (not you, the collective "you".)

Oh, and I'm laughing bigley as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Continuing to support the notion that the Democrat Party of today is wholly comprised of the same racists of the Democrat Part of the Civil War era is either pushing a right wing propaganda meme or demonstrates a profound lack of historical knowledge.

And sure there were the Dixiecrats and sure there was George Wallace. But how about this, George Wallace was pushed out of the Democrat Party because of his racist beliefs. It was the Democrat Party that expunged him from their ranks. He realized that his racism would no longer be tolerated in that party and left to run on his own third party ticket in 1968

Wrong. Democrats only offer handouts to minorities because they think minorities can't do anything themselves. They give them free reign in school and pass them even though they've really failed - because they think minorities can't learn. Not to mention, their pet group, bLM, doesn't really care about blacks unless they've been killed by a white person, and they only tear down statues they claim are racist, which coincidentally tie right back into the democrats.

So, you wanna try that "propaganda" thing again?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

My apologies, I thought that with the rights acknowledged in the 2nd amendment came the responsibility to replace a broken government using the powers granted by said rights.

I'm clearly not an expert, the firearms enthusiasts I know all live north of the US and make make a great effort to distance themselves from american gun culture.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Continuing to support the notion that the Democrat Party of today is wholly comprised of the same racists of the Democrat Part of the Civil War era is either pushing a right wing propaganda meme or demonstrates a profound lack of historical knowledge.

And sure there were the Dixiecrats and sure there was George Wallace. But how about this, George Wallace was pushed out of the Democrat Party because of his racist beliefs. It was the Democrat Party that expunged him from their ranks. He realized that his racism would no longer be tolerated in that party and left to run on his own third party ticket in 1968

Wrong. Democrats only offer handouts to minorities because they think minorities can't do anything themselves.

Goes back to the Dems time-tested practice of feeding their slaves JUST ENOUGH to keep them working on their plantations.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

the 2nd makes sure we have them if needed. It's my strong desire that they never ever be "needed". I'm sure there are some Rambo's out there who think they want to go to war, but most of they have no clue what war actually looks like.

If you really want to get a grasp on the horrors of "assault rifles", check out how many yearly deaths there are from long guns. (that includes the non scary wooden stock kind as well) Point is, America isn't what others paint it to be.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That's good to know.

Have fun shooting tin cans off of a wooden fence. (that's how I envision all target shooting to be)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

That's good to know.

Have fun shooting tin cans off of a wooden fence. (that's how I envision all target shooting to be)

that is the best kind. If you ever want to try it, come see me. It's a lot of fun.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hey dont blame me for this "cancel culture" unless you feel like defining it for me?
I am guessing that statues have something to do with it?

Well, my position all this time was that since I dont live in Charlottesville, I really dont have much of a say as to what that city does with any of the statues under their control... that is kind of how our govt system here in the US is set up. Federal govt has a certain domain that they control and make decisions about, one of which is any statues that might be on their lands. States also have their domain, as well as cities. So, while I might have a say as to what should happen with any statue under federal or state control... a small one since I am just one of many and therefore might have to accept that I wouldn't get my way.. I had no say in what Charlottesville decided.. so, I stayed home, left me voice out of that debate over the stupid statue that so many felt was important enough to kill and maim for. If it was in my city, well, looking at it through a christian viewpoint, it others are finding it upsetting to the point that they are petitioning the govt for its removal, well, it's just a stupid statue to me, let them have their way.
But no... unite the right, make a big deal out of the stupid statue, come in with your nazi slogans and tiki torches dressed for war and kill and maim a bunch of people!
I didn't start this stupidity! I was home, keeping my nose out of things I had no business being involved in.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It is not the people in the party that they are looking to ban and critics; it is the party itself. Those members of the party today, that are certainly not the same racists that founded and drove the party in the past, are welcome to start a new party with the same platform they have. Its the Democrat party that must be removed from our society not the current members of the party.

This is no different than calls to remove status of Columbus. Those alive today who support the status and celebrate the day do so out of celebration and remembrance of the deadly bigotry that the Italian community had to endure and overcoming in this country during the early and mid parts of the last century.

Are calls to remove Columbus simply left wing propaganda memes or do they demonstrate a profound lack of historical knowledge?

I'll let you decide that; but you need to be consistent when it comes to the Democrat Party.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

We are canceling long dead men and judging them on 2020 standards for actions they took in the 1600’s.

I agree here. I do not support tearing down statues. I do not support reparations. Judging the past by today's standards.

You can’t just ignore the Democrats past.

And it's ignoring history that I object to. Either ignoring or cherry picking conveinent labels of the past and plastering them on people of today.

We both know, or should,that today,there is an attempt to paint the entire democrat party as evil villians. The Prez hoots this almost daily. it's called vilification. The past examples of racism and pro slavery carried out under the banner of the Democrat Party is being used to paint the entire Democrat Party of today with the same brush because it has the same name. The whole thing is exactly what you are claiming to be against. Painting those in the past by todays standards. Here though it is painting those of today by past standards.

Both parties have harbored racists and bigots. Both parties have moved to expunge them from their ranks to one degree or another racism.

Looking at almost any crowd pictures of Democrat and Republican Parties today makes it pretty clear as to which of the two modern parties are more inclusive. It's right there in all those photos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join