It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Republican resolution to ban political parties who supported slavery, et al

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeungling? Im down.

On topic, this is a classic political move of trollery. I have to applaud that much at least. Given todays environment, it certainly is provacative.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: richapau

Any proof whatsoever that is true?

I haven't seen any. In fact I challenge you to cite a single example of racism from the GOP, vs. the dozens of well documented and historically factual examples of "institutional racism" coming from the DNC. Listen to Rep. Gohmert's speech, he lays out the person, place and event.

Besides, racists/racism needs to be taken down no matter how much time has passed. Isn't that right? Or are you suggesting that *some* people get a pass while others are held accountable for it? Surely there is no such thing as nuance, context or "the times" right? Otherwise you'd be betraying the reality that democrats don't give a rats behind about slavery or Black Americans and instead are (as we suspect) merely trying to score points against Trump using totally contrived slurs against the GOP that simply do not hold water historically or in the present.

I think the point was that back in the day, the conservatives were in the Democratic Party and the liberals where the republicans.
Somewhere along the line, Dixiecrat comes to mind, the conservatives and liberals switched it up.

It’s the same type of conservative then as it is now, but now the conservatives generally support the Republican Party.

A rose is a rose.

Once a liberal/progressive minded anti slavery person, always. Doesn’t matter what the party’s name is.
Same thing for the conservatives. Same as always, just a different name on their party.

edit on 23-7-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Of course Biden has always failed to choose his words wisely. Trying to push off my points on history by deflecting to Biden this and Biden that does not work in opposing those historical facts.

You gave me a list of ''things'' that would take to long to either defend or discuss fully so I won't even try. However if you wish to discuss the history of US Senators, we could to that as a simple example of racial inclinations.

Yes, the first two black senators, Civil War era, were Republicans. However,if we look at the years fromv1980 to 2020, that's forty years, the Democrat Party has placed 6 black people in the Senate to the Republican Party's one.
This is woefully inadequate representation for both parties and should be admitted. However in this ''faceoff'' the Republican Party comes in a distant second.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Yeungling? Im down.

Trade you for some Shiner.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Continuing to support the notion that the Democrat Party of today is wholly comprised of the same racists of the Democrat Part of the Civil War era is either pushing a right wing propaganda meme or demonstrates a profound lack of historical knowledge.

And sure there were the Dixiecrats and sure there was George Wallace. But how about this, George Wallace was pushed out of the Democrat Party because of his racist beliefs. It was the Democrat Party that expunged him from their ranks. He realized that his racism would no longer be tolerated in that party and left to run on his own third party ticket in 1968
Robert C. Byrd who?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sure Byrd. Wanna make a list? Let's start with LBJ. Liberals in that party did not like LBJ and did not like Byrd. It's not a matter of Democrats or Republicans to my mind, it's how these guys ''hide out'' under whatever banner they can find to use.

I'm not trying to defend the Democrats. Instead I am trying to dispel the idea that is currently being espoused that the Democrats are racist while at the same time attempting to paint the picture that because Lincoln was a Republican that the Republicans have always been anti bigotry. It just ain't true.

So yeah, you gave me Byrd. If I wanted to get into a tit for tat I could offer up any number of ''R'' names but where would that get us?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I’m a Brit so unsure how it works over there.

What exactly has to happen for this to pass into law.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

On you like a Hedonistic god, or as you're buy the first round? Context matters.

I don't think political parties should be banned, but I do think that political parties shouldn't be a factor in voting for representatives or other offices. If a candidate can not stand on their own values and plans, then does it really matter what party they are from? A bad candidate is a bad candidate no matter what party backs them. You vote for a person not a party.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ban all the parties, only allow enlightened leaders. Bosh.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
How about Biden...working for a decade to prevent funding for school busing to integrate public schools. His speech on the warning to Democratic party to NOT be taken over by those gays and minorities who would take the power from the middle class i.e. code for white people. Long time close friendships with past racist Southern Democrats, His crime bill that has been devastating for minorities, you know the one Trump killed...

These are just a few examples for Biden....

edit on 23-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EverythingsWrong

The House would need to pass the bill, the Senate would need to pass the bill and then the President would have to sign it/the Senate gets a veto-proof majority.

It isn't likely to pass, which is the entire point. Democrats will have to go on record opposing a bill that seeks to ban those involved with slavery/the confederacy. When they oppose it their true intentions will be exposed, and they will be seen as even bigger hypocrites by the moderate electorate.

The point here is if you banned all political parties who defended slavery (it was part of their platform for decades in fact) and segegration (something they practiced very recently) only the Republican party would be left standing.

They continually lie about the GOP, and claim we're racist and whatever else. It is the same reason they falsely conflate our nationalism with racism and other "isms"
edit on 7/23/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Meh your wrong I just spoke with some lifelong D's and by most standards what they spouted was fascist or racist, Like the chill out zone in the temper tantrum spectacle chaz or something. a reply to: TerryMcGuire

edit on 23-7-2020 by CrazyFox because: for clarity

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Lmao, this is political trolling at it's finest.

Maybe we'll be entering a new political system shortly.
Where the parties simply change name and continue as usual.

Hey Augustus, I'll bring some Deliriums Tremens and St Bernardus Abt 12. Maybe some brown ale as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I hope the R's back this.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Bullcrap.

All the so called "Dixiecrats" stayed with the Democrats except 2.

Did Dixiecrats Become Republicans?

Democrats also point to the rise of the Dixiecrats that supposedly shows racist Democrats becoming Republicans. However, only two Democrats-turned-Dixiecrat left the Democratic Party for the Republican Party: Senator Strom Thurmond traded in his party alliance with the Democrats to join the Republicans in 1964—not because he continued to support racism, but because he began repudiating it. Frances Rice explains: "Thurmond was never in the Ku Klux Klan and, after he became a Republican, Thurmond defended blacks against lynching and the discriminatory poll taxes imposed on blacks by Democrats."

Governor Mills E. Godwin, Jr. of Virginia abandoned the Democrats for the Republican Party in 1974. But again, like Thurmond, Godwin abandoned his racist past and served as Virginia governor first while a Democrat and then as a Republican.

Meanwhile the Democrat clowns praise the former KKK Grand Exhalted Cyclops Democrat Senator Byrd.

The hypocrisy is endless.
edit on 23-7-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
BLACK VOTES MATTER !

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
Just a bunch of stupidity from the republicans. Neither party is the same party that they were.

Exactly, Republicans of the 1800s were big government loving federalists, who pushed higher taxes. Not very representative of Rs today.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think people need to remember that there are conservative leaning people and liberal leaning people regardless of what party they claim to represent.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Waste of tax payer money.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
Just a bunch of stupidity from the republicans. Neither party is the same party that they were.

You're right. This smacks of the throw-everything- no-matter-how-ridiculous-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks routine constantly used by the Democrats. How far we have sunk

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join