It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES! Republican resolution to ban political parties who supported slavery, et al

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Rep. Gohmert has introduced a bill that would have the effect of banning congressional democrats, due to their party's dismal positions on slavery, segregation and civil rights.

Since the parties inception, they have fought for slavery, defended segegration and largely opposed their own President's civil rights acts. From George Wallace standing on the schoolhouse steps to modern day slavery (ie: welfare dependence) and civil rights violations (weak on crime policies harming minority communities, supporting riots that harm minority businesses, etc) the democrat party has never supported anyone but the elite donor class of their party.

Finally, Rep. Gohmert and several other great Republicans have called for Congress to ban any party or group that supports or has ever supported slavery, segegration, etc. This would, in effect, ban the democrat party from congress.

Dems are now in a tough position. They either have to torpedo their own party OR oppose this anti-slavery bill, which will once again pit them against the right side of history.

www.kltv.com...

Take your medicine democrats.

In the video, Rep. Gohmert lays out a case against the democrat party that totally repudiates their typical retort of "This was 150 years ago!" Let it be known that claim is totally false!
edit on 7/23/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Please let this pass it would be hilarious. The lefties won't vote for it though as they will spin it to somehow be racist.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
After that they should pass another bill that bans parties that supported Progressivism, then we can eliminate both Democrats and Republicans at the same time.

Free beer will be on me if that happens.

link   
a reply to: JBurns

Priceless.

Now we just need a contrived "social justice" or "politically correct" movement for getting parasitic bureaucrats prosecuted and banned from public office permanently. Just need to find an apropos narrative to spin first

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Agreed! However, its failure to pass will be a shining beacon of hypocrisy for a party that holds down minority communities yet falsely claims to support them.

This should readily do away with any such false notions!

+8 more 
link   
Now Democrats have no choice but to fully defend their past !!!!

However bad it is 😎🚬

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would drink to that

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

this is the good part I have been waiting for. The slippery slope that never ends. Cancel yourself democrats. To not do so would be racist.

Or you could stop this stupidity here and now. You make the call. Ima grab a beer.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'll join you

All they have to do is take a step back, tactfully acknowledge their party's sordid history, drop the phoney "Republicans are racist!!11" false pretense and hold themselves to the same standard their mobs hold everyone else to.

It would be pretty simple for them to walk it back, admit they were wrong and start working to better the lives of all Americans instead of trying to score points against Trump in a game no-one is keeping track of.

I will bet they won't

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

About damned time.

Let cancel culture cancel the Democrats.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think some of those lefties are far to brainwashed and will believe anything. Every week the media throws out the we got trump this time. Every time they fall for it at some point you think they would realize they are being lied to.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The last great debate and violence by Demodcraps against Repubics was the debate over bloody Kansas on slavery, one R-senator insulted a D-senator which resulted in theone caning the other in the senate. It almost killed the Repubic.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Continuing to support the notion that the Democrat Party of today is wholly comprised of the same racists of the Democrat Part of the Civil War era is either pushing a right wing propaganda meme or demonstrates a profound lack of historical knowledge.

And sure there were the Dixiecrats and sure there was George Wallace. But how about this, George Wallace was pushed out of the Democrat Party because of his racist beliefs. It was the Democrat Party that expunged him from their ranks. He realized that his racism would no longer be tolerated in that party and left to run on his own third party ticket in 1968

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Then explain democrat-run cities, the folks who live in abject poverty and squalor? Or the constant violence in largely minority communities while dem "leaders" sit back and encourage it/provide cover. Or the minority owned businesses and homes that were looted and burnt down.

How about the modern day Jim Crowe which seeks to keep minorities down by ensuring their reliance to democrat sponsored welfare instead of building them up?

What about the gangs these "leaders" allow to operate with impunity?

Give me a break. The party today is no better than it was 40 years ago.

If they had learned anything, they would've called out Biden's "If you don't vote for me you ain't black!" and "Poor kids are just as talented as white kids" and his reference to black children jumping on his lap as "roaches" or describing Obama as "The FIRST intelligent, articulate, clean, well spoken black man"

GIVE ME A BREAK

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Democrat is a offensive word It stands for slave owning rebels,Jim Crow laws, segregation,KKK,and let's not forget the Trail of Tears.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just a bunch of stupidity from the republicans. Neither party is the same party that they were.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
While he's at it, ban the party that made peace with the Taliban too

Republicans had slaves also, and they didn't try to abolish slavery in the beginning. They just politely asked for it to slow down just like they did in their terrorist peace deal

www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Any proof whatsoever that is true?

I haven't seen any. In fact I challenge you to cite a single example of racism from the GOP, vs. the dozens of well documented and historically factual examples of "institutional racism" coming from the DNC. Listen to Rep. Gohmert's speech, he lays out the person, place and event.

Besides, racists/racism needs to be taken down no matter how much time has passed. Isn't that right? Or are you suggesting that *some* people get a pass while others are held accountable for it? Surely there is no such thing as nuance, context or "the times" right? Otherwise you'd be betraying the reality that democrats don't give a rats behind about slavery or Black Americans and instead are (as we suspect) merely trying to score points against Trump using totally contrived slurs against the GOP that simply do not hold water historically or in the present.
edit on 7/23/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

So you oppose bringing our soldiers home from a war that really should've never started in the first place?

Why are we spilling American blood and less importantly wasting American treasure to fight in the middle east? Pointless.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

From your link:

The Republican Party, often called the GOP (short for “Grand Old Party”) is one of two major political parties in the United States. Founded in 1854 as a coalition opposing the extension of slavery into Western territories, the Republican Party fought to protect the rights of African Americans after the Civil War.

That is literally the opening statement.
edit on 2372020 by Wide-Eyes because: Bolding mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join