It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drumroll.... The Washington Redskins are now....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I'd be a superfan if they did that...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Praying they change other teams' names soon. The salt is scrumptious.

The Minnesota Ostmen
The Dallas Cowpersons
The New York Glandular Conditions

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Dying out would be the best thing that could happen to all pro sports. Even if it trickles down to college, I just don't care anymore. I'm sick of the regressive progressives.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think the Washington Lobbyist would have been good...

Why not just finish the full retard off and call them the Washington Blacks.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Should be "The Washington Football Team (not to be confused with founding father George Washington, who was clearly a racist for owning slaves, and we as a team agree that we should cancel him completely)"

This looks to be a "What name can we use that offends no one?" situation. Which I'm sure offense will be taken with Washington and even the word Football as clearly stated by our European and South American friends what we're actually playing is Hand-egg.

edit on 7/24/20 by Hypntick because: Typo

edit on 7/24/20 by Hypntick because: Typo

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Does hearing the name "Washington D.C." still evoke a feeling of pride and authority in the minds of most Americans?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Did it ever? It's a goddamn swamp.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Given how long they used the name I kinda figured that they would choose a name that was MORE racist.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CobaltCPD

The Washington Free Small Pox Blankets.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

originally posted by: Mark08
In this crazy I'm offended world, don't they still have to get rid of the Washington part?

It would not surprise me if they dropped "Washington" and went with "The D.C.....".

Until Batman and Supes decides it infringes on their native home and sues......

Not a fan of sports, but I'm even less of a fan of stoopid. I soooooo want off this planet. I just can't deal with humans any more.

A person who tries to live by common sense, logic and science, who also has a sense of personal responsibility just isn't made for this reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I heard they wanted some sort of military oriented name, but decided that "Buffalo Soldiers" was too confusing.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

"The D.C....."

... Electrics"?
... Sparks"?
... Zaps"?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

"Traitors" would work better. From every angle.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: Firewater

originally posted by: Mark08
In this crazy I'm offended world, don't they still have to get rid of the Washington part?

It would not surprise me if they dropped "Washington" and went with "The D.C.....".

Until Batman and Supes decides it infringes on their native home and sues......

Not a fan of sports, but I'm even less of a fan of stoopid. I soooooo want off this planet. I just can't deal with humans any more.

A person who tries to live by common sense, logic and science, who also has a sense of personal responsibility just isn't made for this reality.

That's what the planet needs, it's the internet that isn't built for this reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When you wish upon a politically correct star:

For their delayed home opener, the Indians elected to wear their blue road jerseys with "Cleveland" on the front as a unified statement of solidarity for minorities as the team contemplates a name change. Suck it, Cleveland.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
can't really blame them; you can't offend people if you name your team after the city they play in ... not yet anyway, I'm sure that will change at some point, but right now its the safe bet.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Washington slavers after there association with Nike’s forced labor camp shoe assembly program.

The only way I’ll care is if the put in ice skates and play devil ball at climate moron stadium in Seattle.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Let's be honest, in the grand scheme of things, a pro sports team changing it's name is like a fart in the wind. It's so insignificant. Two teams of men padded up and wearing helmets, throwing a ball around that isn't even round? It's as insignificant as the game itself.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
why didnt they just go with washington warriors , wanderers , wraiths .

Washington wildcats , they never heard of alliteration before

edit on 26-7-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
Washington slavers after there association with Nike’s forced labor camp shoe assembly program.

The only way I’ll care is if the put in ice skates and play devil ball at climate moron stadium in Seattle.

Dur. They play in Washington DC, not the state of Washington.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join