It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Mayor Joins Violent Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Proud Boys are hardly a militia.

Think more like what came to aid Clive Bundy in his time of need...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

...at some point, people like you in Portland will need to take a stand against the mob...or your city will no longer be a place you can "take care of your family in prosperity and not get your head cracked open".

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Portland City Council just passed a decree that tells local police to not assist the Federal officers in any manner.

The feds should just leave Portland, and let the mayor and the governor of Oregon handle things.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

BLM was always Marxism founded by trained Marxists...masquerading as a civil rights movement.
Only diff from when it began is their mask is off.

It should had been an all encompassing inner city reform...The true social disfunctionality of these inner cities is the true problem they face. Hard/bad cops there too is just a symptom of a much larger under lying disease that plaques them.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I actually agree with that.

Let Portland turn into a steaming pile of s#it.
Let is become a glowing example of what every Democrat-run city will become...and what the entire country will become if Democrats get control of the Presidency again.
edit on 23-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

...at some point, people like you in Portland will need to take a stand against the mob...or your city will no longer be a place you can "take care of your family in prosperity and not get your head cracked open".

Not really... I moved across the river into WA red district few years back, very peaceful here as 10 mins away in Portland riots go on for 55 days.. It is funny how just a few miles away people are Constitution loving gun wielding citizens. There has been some peaceful protesting, but zero violence.

The Great thing about America is you can move to what fits your views. I'll retire in 5 years and live in Texas most likely...F Portland...lol Not really from here, but been here with my job for 12 years now.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
BLM was a good fundamental concept of police reform over all, but it too is taken over by woke white left ideals, Marxists ideals, ANTIFA ideals, anarchist ideals, anti-Trump ideals... not much Black or cop is left in what BLM now stands for...

I don't know enough to say either way, I do know now it's a s***show.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Portland City Council just passed a decree that tells local police to not assist the Federal officers in any manner.

The feds should just leave Portland, and let the mayor and the governor of Oregon handle things.

Hell no. if Trump is doing to do this he can't retreat. It is to late for that. They should be deploying mazzers and ADT. At the very least turn on the fire hoses.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuireyou turned to slandering his physical appearance.

You'd better call out your fellow liberals for constantly calling Trump derogatory names or you're just a hypocrite like they are. Every time.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
The mayor did not ''join'' the protest, he went there to try and talk with protesters and get them to back down. He put his own safety on the line and got booed and gassed for it.

Claiming that he '' joined'' the violent protests is pure propaganda from a propaganda outlet. Pushing the notion that ''they staged'' this is incredible.
Question. He willingly arranged to have himself tear gassed for a photo op? That's plain goofy.

Do you really expect anything different from trump supporting Q fanatics.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Seldom if ever. But one can always hope huh?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

i will call Trump anything I like. Likewise i think other people can call him whatever they like as well.

Myself, I do not reference his physical appearance. And indeed I have called out others of his detractors for making cheap shots at his appearance. This of course in the face of Trump himself taking cheap shots at others through his campaign.

But if you are really interested in me not being a hypocrite then you will note that I did not bring up any comments on what that mayor was ''called'' but rather, the cheap shot that was taken about his nose, his physical appearance.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: network dude
'Myself, I do not reference his physical appearance. And indeed I have called out others of his detractors for making cheap shots at his appearance. This of course in the face of Trump himself taking cheap shots at others through his campaign.'
Protests can to easily turn into nothing more than immature tantrums. That is how I see much of what we see now.

Peaceful protests over human rights and political interpretations. All good. Left and right. But now, protests are out maneuvered by immature vandals and agents of provocation.

And as well, I agree on the maturity of many of conservative values who are refraining from flock demonstrations. That may at this point be a saving grace for all of this that is going on, this principle of conservative non-violence.

TM,
Trump himself does this all the time I'm afraid, something Ivanka came up against early this year when she made a critique about media mocking Trump in a personal way, Trump is no stranger to mocking just about anybody really, and unforgiveable in many cases...Trump deserves to be mocked as long as he is considered someone who is not in need of special considerations..something I do consider him to be be..however nobody has come out to say that he has special needs, although it turns out that the IQ test that he recently had, and bummed about it, was in fact a simple test for dementia...seemingly advised by white house staff/doctors. WTF? However, until somebody authoritative does come out and talk about these things, I consider him as fair game for ridicule, and more so, because what he is doing is dangerous.

Protests that are violent these last whiles..but nothing new, are indifferent to those who want to demonstrate peacefully, that applies to any, 'side'.
For anyone to understand that, they must understand that any government, state, federal, whatever, is free to manipulate such protests in any which way they can, and they do.
Remember the undercover policeman caught out in a peaceful, would be riot with a rock in his hand?

edit on 23-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Off thread topic a bit, but how did the NYT get a copy of this memo? I've looked at several sites and do not see a source. I also do not see how this memo was classed, as I imagine a memo such as this would have some sort of classification assigned to it. If it was for public view, fine, no issue there. If not, someone needs to investigate how that memo got leaked and prosecute those who leaked said memo.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Be careful, Trump is violating the Constitution by sending in federal troops without identification to kidnap people off the streets. Some of the people who were kidnapped have been factually proven through video footage to have been peaceful protestors, which is protected free speech in the Constitution. That won't be a good track record for your party in the long run.

If Trump were more intelligent or cared about the Constitution, he could devise ways to send in the federal troops still to get things under control. It is important he follows the correct procedures or else one of two things will happen - he will ruin precedent and our Constitutional Rights for everyone, or he will look like a fool from a historical perspective.

I would recommend he takes the time to ensure he's sending the feds in correctly. Every mistake he makes makes the Democratic arguments that he is incompetent look more and more legitimate and his handling of the riots less legitimate.
edit on 23pmThu, 23 Jul 2020 20:24:31 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23pmThu, 23 Jul 2020 20:24:48 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Be careful, Trump is violating the Constitution by sending in federal troops without identification to kidnap people off the streets. Some of the people who were kidnapped have been factually proven through video footage to have been peaceful protestors, which is protected free speech in the Constitution. That won't be a good track record for your party in the long run.

If Trump were more intelligent or cared about the Constitution, he could devise ways to send in the federal troops still to get things under control. It is important he follows the correct procedures or else one of two things will happen - he will ruin precedent and our Constitutional Rights for everyone, or he will look like a fool from a historical perspective.

I would recommend he takes the time to ensure he's sending the feds in correctly.

That's pretty much the worry, anyone who works alone in such high office, with a dire need for perpetual self estimation against the reality of what is really happening.

It is also though, time then to question as to who these fed people are.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The Federal Agents are not unmarked.

And people taken into custody have broken Federal laws.

Another MSM horsedung fable for people to believe 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: darkbake

I would recommend he takes the time to ensure he's sending the feds in correctly.

That's pretty much the worry, anyone who works alone in such high office, with a dire need for perpetual self estimation against the reality of what is really happening.

It is also though, time then to question as to who these fed people are.

The amount of people that actually think this is a good idea is kinda scary. Happy to have the constitution trampled on and freedoms taken away so they claim a win for their team.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And on their way out, they should leave demolition charges in the Federal courthouse, F'em all and let it burn.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We all knew weeks ago, this was the plan from the start. They were trying to bait Trump to coming in during the CHAZ/CHOP deal, he didn't. So this is the backup plan, even though the feds are only protecting federal property and not "patrolling the city". This BS would have been x1000 had Trump squashed the CHAZ/CHOP and not let them destroy themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join