It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Mayor Joins Violent Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
😆Another staged "event" by a Democrat Mayor to make people think Democrats are not in favor of all the rioting and the suppression of law enforcement !!

Portland Mayor Wheeler is the latest Democrat to put on the act !!

They even had "protestors" yelling and booing at the Mayor and, The Feds launched tear gas to boot !!

Naturally this all took place right in front a Federal Courthouse (possibly on Federal property) !!

Perfect timing along with a recent onslaught of anti-Trump MSM stories and Trumps "announcement" of a new "surge" against lawlessness in the big Democrat cities.

God help the U.S. if Democrats get the power back that they oh-so desperately seek.

They are sacrificing their own to get it all back !! 😆

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler joined a violent demonstration in his city Wednesday night at which “protesters” threw flaming bags of garbage at a federal courthouse — and where he was jeered by the crowd before being tear gassed by federal officers.

The Oregonian reported that the mayor’s appearance on the 56th night of violent “protest” in downtown Portland “attracted attention and jeers from the crowd of more than 2,000 people” at the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse.

USA Today reported: “The mayor was caught in a chaotic display of violence and mayhem that began around 11:15 p.m., after some protesters threw flaming bags of garbage over a fence protecting the local federal courthouse, prompting the federal officers to fire tear gas at the crowd.”

Video shot on the scene captured Wheeler at the fence around the courthouse, with flames burning in the background:

WATCH: Portland Mayor Joins Violent ‘Protest’; Booed by Protesters, Tear Gassed by Feds

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The feds need to stop being such pxssies and invade every major city already.

Dispose of it's leaders and cancel the election this November.

Then we will be great again.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Haul him up on Federal charges for attacking Federal property...THAT'LL get him re-elected by the mob for sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg

Yeah!

Not only that, I want every non-Trump supporter to get an all inclusive to a camp. The goods news is that these camps will be fun and have all kinds of cool activities like shower time, load your former neighbor's corpse into an incinerator calisthenics, using the dermis to make table top accessories and group tattoo time for starters.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The mayor did not ''join'' the protest, he went there to try and talk with protesters and get them to back down. He put his own safety on the line and got booed and gassed for it.

Claiming that he '' joined'' the violent protests is pure propaganda from a propaganda outlet. Pushing the notion that ''they staged'' this is incredible.
Question. He willingly arranged to have himself tear gassed for a photo op? That's plain goofy.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg

Why do you support lawlessness, rioting and destruction of property? If the Dems don’t deal with it then someone has to do it for them.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If the Mayor wants his city to be a burned-out s#ithole...let him have it.
Portland became Crazyville years ago.

If Portland residents don't want to live in Venezuela-North...they can pack up their homes and businesses and move.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

See the MSM BS is working !! 😆💥😆

All part of the strategy to fool the Public.

If these Democrat "Leaders" were all for law enforcement, places like Portland would have solved the problem 55 days ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
He is an idiot. He said the feds do not
belong there because "they aren't properly trained". Where did he get that diatribe to repeat?

One other thing about the fool mayor. He is
so ugly he could stop a clock. His hook nose
is so extended it gets in the way when he
talks.

Now they fool will probably be reelected by
those who live in there.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ummm, they aren’t social distancing.

Can we get a fu##img straight answer please!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Ummm, they aren’t social distancing.

Can we get a fu##img straight answer please!

Everyone knows the virus avoids riots and protests...DUH.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So once again I was watching the live streams and somene said that th emayor got attacked and he also had security with him.

The odd thing about last night was that Portland P.D. was kind of the one that saved the day. They declared it a riot which some what broke things up. I dont know if the feds would have been able to repel the antangonist.

I wonder if the mayor possibly getting attacked decided to tell the police to declare it a riot?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think this narrative that the fed are terrorizing people is misguided.

If the protestors protested 3 bllocks away from the justicee center, the feds would not do anything. So what is happening is that the protestors are willingly going back to people who are teorrizing them every night??

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Haul him up on Federal charges for attacking Federal property...THAT'LL get him re-elected by the mob for sure.

So 500 protests...We will see next election how the other 690,000+ that live in Portland feel about what he is doing and more importantly what he is not doing. My friends that live in those hot areas are about as happy as the people who lived in the CHAZ areas...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If Portland residents don't want to live in Venezuela-North...they can pack up their homes and businesses and move.

Businesses have been leaving here in droves over the last 5 or 6 years...hell even big department stores are getting out of down town. Pretty freaken nasty to walk around it all now.
edit on 23-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

Yep, you just go ahead and blame logical thinking and probability you don't like on how others are influenced by your hated MSM.

That's so easy to do Xu, easy peasey.

link   

So once again I was watching the live streams and somene said that th emayor got attacked and he also had security with him.
a reply to: American-philosopher
I was going to comment on the obvious security detail he had with him. Just watching how they lead the mayor out tipped me off to that. I wonder if they are from the police or a private firm. I mean if you want to defund the police you shouldn't be using them for security. As I think about it I am willing to wager the PD was called in by his security detail. Things got too hot and he needed to be extracted from the riot.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So this is out of control then? With no clear message?

Sounds patriotic

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Businesses have been leaving here in droves over the last 5 or 6 years...hell even big department stores are getting out of down town. Pretty freaken nasty to walk around it all now.

The majority of Portland must like living in an outhouse...if they keep electing Leftard douchebags as Mayor.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So A on the map is where typical protests are held, open area plenty of places to sit or whatever, kind of were protesters always go.

B is the fed building down town that is over a 1/2 mile away and so well out of where peaceful protesting take place.

I wonder of the feds at the point seeing the Mayor said on a bull horn...Mayor you got this and all got in cars and left...lol Think of the news as the fed building is burned with the Mayor supporting.

edit on 23-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join