It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Gov Newsome Releasing 18,000 Prisoners Even Though Masks R Mandatory in Prison.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thursday, July 23, 2020

Prisons force prisoners to wear masks.. and you just bought $1 Billion worth of Covid-19 gear from CHINA, so what's the problem Governor Newsome?

While California is in another statewide lockdown of most businesses, and wearing masks is mandatory, Gov. Gavin Newsom is releasing convicted criminals from prisons and jails.

“Estimates of 8,000 inmates eligible for release by end of August, in addition to the state’s reduction of about 10,000 persons since the start of the pandemic,” the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Secretary Ralph Diaz announced this week.

However, instead of apologizing to law abiding Californians, Secretary Diaz wrote a letter of apology to the convicted criminals, for the “significant burden you and your families continue to bear.”

The corrections agency announcement also apologizes the “unnecessarily incarcerated:”

“The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) announced today additional actions to protect its most vulnerable population and staff from COVID-19, and to allow state prisons to maximize available space to implement social distancing, isolation, and quarantine efforts.
More at: californiaglobe.com...

California wants to protect prisoners, but not the law-abiding citizens in the state (and the country) who are receiving these new neighbors.

Covid-19 has only claimed 204 lives out of every 1 million Californians, according to: www.worldometers.info...

Sending prisoners into the population increases the number of Covid-19 deaths. Is it worth it, so save a few prisoner lives?

Maybe Newsome was encouraged by NYCity mayor Bill De Blasio last month, when he declared New York City is SAFER, now that he and Gov Cuomo have released so many prisoners from jail.

DeBlasio - New York is Safer Now: www.theblaze.com...

DeBlasio - Surprised some commit crimes again: www.newsbreak.com...

-CareWeMust
edit on 7/23/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can't quite place my finger on it, but, It's like there's been this concerted effort to completely destabilize America and its economy for the last several months or so...not sure...though...something to do I guess with systematically destroying middle class businesses, then funding the actual destruction of businesses and cities, then removing police.officers, now freeing prisoners...just really seems like there's this big push to completely and utterly destroy the western world's economy and turn the middle and lower class into slaves living in lawless cities run by criminals and vigilantes who'll need the correct immunizations and authority from your local neighbourhood who before being allowed to leave the 'infected, unpoliced' zones and enter 'society'. Oh...and lots of money...ain't no poor peeps getting outta those hell holes.
edit on 23/7/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
It's orchestrated by the KEY governors and mayors of America's most populous states/cities. The entire Covid-19 response from those entities, is designed to damage President Trump's chances of winning in November. That's what it all boils down to.

Regular people think, "The governor wouldn't endanger all our lives by letting prisoners out, unless he felt it necessary". They're willing to potentially sacrifice a loved-one, because they believe in Newsome.

When the TRUTH is ultimately revealed...there will be mass hospitalizations and suicides, because so many regular (non-researching) people put their trust into leaders who didn't give a damn about them.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Prisoners are made up of our families, friends and neighbors. They are us.

The same goes for mass shooters and the mentally ill.

Why are you so eager to throw away and lock up people?

Is it because you don't understand them?

If anything WE as society failed THEM, labeled them as mistakes and buried them away. Like the gulags.

We need to rehabilitate offenders, not privatize their punishment. That would make for a healthier society if we actually cared enough.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

If some a$$hole chooses a life of crime, that's HIS failure. I'm so sick of idiots trying to make the perp a "victim of society". Everyone shirking personal responsibility.

Tell me how this poor misunderstood "victim" can be helped -

‘Prolific’ Car Thief Arrested On Suspicion Of Stealing At Least 14 Vehicles In 3 Months

Detectives said Esquivel scouted lower income neighborhoods in southeast L.A. and stole victims’ only means of transportation. He has also been accused of taking advantage of the zero-bail policy in place during the coronavirus pandemic.

Stealing the livelihood of the poorest of society- he just needs a hug and some understanding- you should get right on that !

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
Prisoners are made up of our families, friends and neighbors. They are us.

The same goes for mass shooters and the mentally ill.

Why are you so eager to throw away and lock up people?

Is it because you don't understand them?

If anything WE as society failed THEM, labeled them as mistakes and buried them away. Like the gulags.

We need to rehabilitate offenders, not privatize their punishment. That would make for a healthier society if we actually cared enough.

Because they... broke the law? We don't understand them?

Seriously?

You're going to defend releasing criminals? You do realize they did something to deserve to be in there to begin with, right?

If my son or daughter broke a serious enough law to require prison, you bet I'd want to do everything to get them rehabilitated. However there are some who cannot be because they either don't have the mental capacity or because they just like breaking the law.

Your response has to be the most ignorant one I've seen in a long time. If they're in there for non-violent crimes and didn't hurt anyone then I have to question why they're there to begin with. But if they're there for any of the multitude of offenses like child abuse, arson, selling &/or distributing hard drugs, anything with a weapon, screw it. They need to do their time.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Your response has to be the most ignorant one I've seen in a long time. If they're in there for non-violent crimes and didn't hurt anyone then I have to question why they're there to begin with. But if they're there for any of the multitude of offenses like child abuse, arson, selling &/or distributing hard drugs, anything with a weapon, screw it. They need to do their time.

I read the article. They are moving up release times by 12 weeks, so these people would have been out anyway three months from now. They also have to meet a list of requirements, being a low threat for violence and not being a sex offender is among them.

As to why there's so many non-violent people in prison, that's easily answered, prisons make money.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
C'mon, you have more people in prison than any 1st world, and probably more than most 3rd world sh#tholes.

I imagine, some don't really need to be there.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The object of their game is to overload the system and blame somebody else for their own screw-ups and failures 😄

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The sooner you let them out, the sooner they'll be back.

National Statistics on Recidivism

An estimated 68% of released prisoners were arrested within 3 years, 79% within 6 years, and 83% within 9 years.

So much for rehabbing.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: vonclod

The sooner you let them out, the sooner they'll be back.

National Statistics on Recidivism

An estimated 68% of released prisoners were arrested within 3 years, 79% within 6 years, and 83% within 9 years.

So much for rehabbing.

The U.S. system has nothing to do with rehab, but I get your point. I don't understand why so many in prison, especially on minor beefs.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

They can be rehabilitated while in prison. Happens all the time.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The United States prison system doesn't focus on rehabilitation.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Chicago police chief says 6 out of 10 shooters that have been captured were let out of prison too soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The United States prison system doesn't focus on rehabilitation.

No, but it offers the opportunity for prisoners to better themselves if they choose to take advantage of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Okay? Doesn't have much to do with my point other than further prove it out. We don't send people to prison here to 'fix them'.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Apparently there are people who prefer to live a life of crime. They should remain locked up.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No, but it offers the opportunity for prisoners to better themselves if they choose to take advantage of it.

You speaking from experience? The focus isn't on non-recidivism.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Okay? Doesn't have much to do with my point other than further prove it out. We don't send people to prison here to 'fix them'.

That is correct. If they choose not to take the initiative to improve themselves, they just stay in prison until the sentence is completed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join