It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its a sad world we live in. And optimism is in short supply. The coming crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Been listening to end of the world scenarios and stock market crash stories since WAY BEFORE before joining ATS, it's one of the reasons I joined. The difference now is most of the world has been collectively slapped in the head and locked away for months and had their normal lives disrupted, and again collectively that's going screw with our thought process no matter how much we think it doesn't. Maybe that was the point all along.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Been listening to end of the world scenarios and stock market crash stories since WAY BEFORE before joining ATS, it's one of the reasons I joined. The difference now is most of the world has been collectively slapped in the head and locked away for months and had their normal lives disrupted, and again collectively that's going screw with our thought process no matter how much we think it doesn't. Maybe that was the point all along.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Post reminds me of Sturgill Simpson's post apocalyptic album Sound and Fury, the animated movie is on Netflix, I highly reccomend it.

youtu.be...

It's all part of the cycle.
It's just a ride.
Life is but a dream.

I'm happy to believe in an afterlife, otherwise the world would get to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's times like these we learn to love again.

Or die, trying.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

can learn from our mistakes.
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Why would we/they start now?

So much we already SHOULD have learned.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

can learn from our mistakes.
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Why would we/they start now?

So much we already SHOULD have learned.

Agreed, we won't.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

That is an interesting line because we became the dominant species imo via being the smartest creatures on this planet and believe it or not being bipedal and having use of a thumb. Of coarse there are many other reasons but we aren't the only violent creatures on this planet we call home. Those of us who carry more violent traits tend to live more in their animal/reptilian brain. They tend to view the world in a more selfishly narrow lens which the I takes precedent over the whole and compassion/empathy exist very little to them if at all.

Unfortunately at this level and stage humans have only recently evolved the frontal cortex and we haven't wired our brains yet to not act through emotions first and logic and reason second, At least as a whole. It also doesn't help socio and psychopaths tend to be drawn to powerful positions like being world leaders.
As smart and free as we think we are, we tend to be swayed and brainwashed as if our freewill were to be called into question.

I think peace will only be found when enough of us as a whole have become awakened spiritually, cognitively and have acquired enough knowledge through the deep perspicacity of inner wisdom. Unfortunately most people blindly live their lives very "superficially" through severe MATERIALISM and NARCISSISM. As a whole we humans suffer as much as we did many thousands of years ago with only the CAUSE changing. Our brains can't distinguish very well between the suffering our ancestors experienced and the suffering we have now. Anguish is Anguish as far as our brain knows. In poorer regions suffering my come thru being hungry, thirsty and ridden with deceases. In regions where those may not be such a problem, our suffering may take different forms such as loneliness, stress, depression and the many mental disorders. As far as our brain is concerned it cannot tell the difference in suffering only that we all suffer in one form or another. At least those of us who haven't figured out ways to minimize it to an extent.

I also think If these so called aliens were so advanced as we assume they would see that as a whole we aren't as violent as we make ourselves out to be, only that we are misguided by foolish violent leaders and ideals. I'm quiet sure if they were of the peaceful type they may wish to spread their wisdom, then again it might as a whole be against our freewill. In that case we might have to inevitably overcome our own problems as a whole. If that's the case we will need to really get our act together quickly!

BTW i'm not trying to lecture you, even if it may come of like that.

<< 1   >>

join