It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education should be defunded, specifically white teachers and administrators

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh whats that youre too poor to go to private or to hire private, oh woes.

Maybe you can make a sign and burn down a target to fix it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The problem is cultural.

Whites have met blacks halfway and gone beyond that.

Blacks have not changed. In fact, they've become more militant, more violent.

Until the culture changes, nothing else will change.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: Ksihkehe
And let's not forget "everybody gets an award" on awards day, because why should just the serious hard-working students be recognized? Can't make little Johnny feel left out, just because he never did a lick of homework and flunked everything except PE!

It's super healthy for children to know that they should expect the same outcome as their peers no matter how much or little effort was put in.

Help me out a little. Was this statement intended to be perceived as sarcasm? I really can't tell.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

And let's not forget "everybody gets an award" on awards day, because why should just the serious hard-working students be recognized? Can't make little Johnny feel left out, just because he never did a lick of homework and flunked everything except PE!

It's super healthy for children to know that they should expect the same outcome as their peers no matter how much or little effort was put in.

Help me out a little. Was this statement intended to be perceived as sarcasm? I really can't tell.

The statement you're replying to is absurd. There is a segment of the population heavily engaged in trying to game the system to get ahead while expending minimal effort to achieve the goal.

In a sane world, their machinations would be firmly rejected.

Unfortunately, the inmates are running the asylum.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

I agree with you. I think all education should be self-paced.

I believe it's an individual's responsibility to educate themselves. I know far too many people that have been held back from the K-12 education system.

There's no reason a person who is determined and bright enough can't learn algebra, calculus, statistics, and such before the age of 18. There's no reason that someone can't obtain a solid foundational grasp of the various ologies before they are 18.

In fact there are even more people who don't have a grasp on anything and can't even friggin read or do basic math by the time they are 18, because they aren't determined and no amount of outside pressure will cause them to give a damn enough to want to be educated.

I don't think we should be wasting resources trying to convince idiots to better themselves. I say let people who are determined to make something of themselves do so in whichever way they can.

If a person wants to learn at their own pace and gain a high school graduate level of education by the time they are 16 and have a bachelors degree or by the time they can legally smoke, drink, or join the military than let them. In fact I think we should lower the age that people can start working in the trades. I'd say 16 is a good age for someone to enter into an apprenticeship. Although, I think a lot of people would be fine beginning to learn a trade in their childhood

I don't have to say anything in regards to the other side of it.

If someone wants to be an "artist" and get high every day while trying to be the next rapper or social media star. I say go ahead and let them. We all need entertainment. If it's to the benefit or demise of the "artist" that's on them. They made the choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Thank God we have government agencies to make problems that they can then "fix".

In the famous words of Nancy Pelosi

"We have to make our problems, so we can know why Trump caused them."

I think she said that during her push for the ACA. It could be a complete fabrication on my part though.

Im sure it can be parsed further from there. Like...its hard to be poor without subsidized housing, and that includes predatory criminals right alongside single moms trying to hold it down for their kids.

Whoa, you're getting ahead of the rest of the class. We don't cover parsing and nuance until the PhD courses.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's racist.

Of course it is. Everything is. You should feel terrible for causing all of this.

a reply to: Lysergic

Maybe you can make a sign and burn down a target to fix it.

My sign reads "skules hav faild are keds" and on the other side it says "THIS SIDE UP" in case I fall over.

a reply to: Firewater

Was this statement intended to be perceived as sarcasm? I really can't tell.

Once you have completed the test, click on 'Submit Answers' to get your results.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It never felt like a disincentive as a kid when others who didn't work got rewards.

Okay. I'm assuming that is not meant as sarcasm. So, to say that it's "super healthy" for all kids to be rewarded the same, regardless of effort, is the most ridiculous thing i've heard in.... well, all day for sure. It seems ridiculousness is becoming more of a rule rather than an exception over the past couple months.

Could you please explain the benefits of such a scenario?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

It never felt like a disincentive as a kid when others who didn't work got rewards.

Okay. I'm assuming that is not meant as sarcasm. So, to say that it's "super healthy" for all kids to be rewarded the same, regardless of effort, is the most ridiculous thing i've heard in.... well, all day for sure. It seems ridiculousness is becoming more of a rule rather than an exception over the past couple months.

Could you please explain the benefits of such a scenario?

I cannot explain.

There's so much wrong with it I can't come up with any real defense except I didn't bring it up. I just responded to a sarcastic comment about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If the OP is correct, racist white teachers and administrators apparently have very high expectations for students of Nigerian, Chinese and Indian descent, who do outstandingly well in school. Do the teachers favor these non-white students for some inexplicable reason while despising and ignoring African American students? Anyone in touch with reality knows Nigerian, Chinese and Indian kids don’t get any special privileges. They simply take their education very seriously, as do their parents.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Blackboard Jungle is a 1955 social commentary film about teachers in an interracial inner-city school, based on the 1954 novel The Blackboard Jungle by Evan Hunter and adapted for the screen and directed by Richard Brooks.

Wiki Link

Stars Glenn Ford, Sidney Poitier and a very young Jamie Farr billed under his real name Jameel Farah.
edit on 24-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Back when I was in school, black and white kids were all treated the same. We all had the same expectations from the teachers, they took time to listen to all of us, and none of us got a break or free grade. If we couldn't get past a subject, we took it again the next year. They even failed the students who couldn't do this. Of course, that was in the 80's and 90's before NCLB was passed. Once the new, lazy teachers didn't work with black kids (which is what that bill was intended for) enough to educate them and the funds to the school were threatened, those new, lazy teachers dumbed down the system and still passed any kid who never bothered to learn.

Over the course of the laziness (not all teachers, but many), we've slowly gotten to this point where it's all too obvious that they think black kids aren't smart enough to succeed without being given the good grades. GIVEN, not EARNED. And it's no coincidence that over this same period of time, our education system has been saturated in democrat teachers.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Well, would you want your kid to go to a school ran by all blacks? You wouldn't understand half the crap they would say.

Matter of fact, if most blacks spoke there words a bit better they would probably have a better chance at a job other than fast food.

All the well to do blacks I have come across speak normal English. Majority of them at restaurants speak like they are wannabe gangsta rappers. Atleast in my area anyway.

The only other two places I see the ones who don't speak the normal English you're talking about are either politicians or pundits. Watch Corrine Brown try to speak when "gradulated" the Florida Gators after their last NC. Keep in mind, she'd been a Florida Rep since 1993 and would still be one had she not been arrested for corruption a few years ago.

Pay no attention where she says "and I hate to say it, that everythang is just not all equal" because that's not very progressive of her.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The whole thing is going so well in South Africa.

Those who can't learn from history will simply keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

You do understand there would not be enough teachers to teach.

P

That's kind of the point of democrats erasing their history. They need to repeat it so they can try something different this time in their lust for power over races.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: a325nt

That is something in dire need for a good 30-40 years now.

That's how it was when I was a kid.

I wouldn't say 30 - 40 years. I graduated in 1997 and we were still getting our asses beat by a paddle. My buddy got 5 whops from a 6'5 big principle for acting up in class. Discipline keeps most kids in check. I think most schools should bring back paddling (at least) and tell all the parents that if their kid attends that school and has to be disciplined then they will receive a paddling. The parents who think their kids do no wrong can put that child in another skoo. I would love to see the difference in a school that disciplines, and the new normal one that doesn't. Bet the grades and behavior are night and day.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Well, would you want your kid to go to a school ran by all blacks? You wouldn't understand half the crap they would say.

Matter of fact, if most blacks spoke there words a bit better they would probably have a better chance at a job other than fast food.

All the well to do blacks I have come across speak normal English. Majority of them at restaurants speak like they are wannabe gangsta rappers. Atleast in my area anyway.

Few mistakes in your own use of language there champ.

That's grammar, not language, there, champ.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I think it would have been more prudent of you to have done a sort of "devil's advocate" thread instead of trolling people that actually agree with you.

Funny thing. I thought that even if the rest of the post wasn't interpreted as intended then at least the last two paragraphs would make it clear to most readers. If the parody is indistinguishable from reality then that's kinda the point I guess, but if you want to label it trolling I can't stop you. All of the "statistics" are cited and the source is provided.

Which side of the issue do you suppose I'm trolling? As far as I can tell I wrote a parody of extreme alt-left ideology, apparently successfully, then a few people on the opposite side trolled themselves. It's not like I planned to be called a retard, be referred to as "you guys", and assumed to be a typical leftist. LOL, those were just amusing unintended consequences.

Who knows... I just figured none of the readers caught on to your sarcasm. I caught it as soon as I read the thread title. But I'm sarcastic, too, so maybe that's why. Plus I know your posting history.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

There's a fine line there. Almost everything digital has been bullied into promoting bLM. Should schools go digital, it would only be a matter of time before the kids are brainwashed further.

Just go back to the 1960's or even 1980's education standard, make it a challenge to get an education degree again, and find good teachers that really do care about educating students. Hell I'd take any standard that we had before NCLB screwed everything up.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here is why Democrat leaders want death and misery.

Eye opener for many!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Do you actually think any teacher in their right mind would voluntarily leave their nice, safe job to go teach in some ghetto where they’re at way more risk of being beat up or shot? Get real.
edit on 25-7-2020 by feedmemore because: # didn’t read far enough in the comments lol

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

How about this, give people the CHOICE to have the teacher they want?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join