It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education should be defunded, specifically white teachers and administrators

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

That is the sort of BS that kept the schools pushing my struggling daughter to the next grade over and over when it was clear she simply was not ready. I asked them several times to keep her back so she could get a handle on the courses without the bump up in difficulty. They refused stating it would hurt her self esteem, blah blah. She ended up dropping out of school. The education system is awful. Too many students and not enough teachers and assistants leads to kids falling through the cracks.

Sorry. Are you refusing to suggest you could have worked with her from home to bring her up to speed?

My (soon to be) first grader is working out of 4th grade work books, and my (soon to be) preschooler is on first grade work books.
My toddler is interested in eating foods because of her lack of teeth, I'm not ready for.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
a reply to: JBIZZ

you cant give homeless people buildings to live in lol.
homeless people are not homeless on purpose.

I call BS. I reached out to a homeless friend of mine who was very supportive in my eldest child's education at the time (almost 5 years ago now) to see if he needed any help or support.
He refused, and suggested he was happier in his tent than he would be in a house.
Granted I could understand not wanting to be around 3 children that are not your own.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I think it would have been more prudent of you to have done a sort of "devil's advocate" thread instead of trolling people that actually agree with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I think it would have been more prudent of you to have done a sort of "devil's advocate" thread instead of trolling people that actually agree with you.

Funny thing. I thought that even if the rest of the post wasn't interpreted as intended then at least the last two paragraphs would make it clear to most readers. If the parody is indistinguishable from reality then that's kinda the point I guess, but if you want to label it trolling I can't stop you. All of the "statistics" are cited and the source is provided.

Which side of the issue do you suppose I'm trolling? As far as I can tell I wrote a parody of extreme alt-left ideology, apparently successfully, then a few people on the opposite side trolled themselves. It's not like I planned to be called a retard, be referred to as "you guys", and assumed to be a typical leftist. LOL, those were just amusing unintended consequences.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Ah

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

The responses in this thread are painful.

Products of our educational system.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If only we had defunded sooner.

Whole generations, lost.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Considering the public school budget accounts for about 70% of my property tax bill I'm all for defunding public schools and destroying the teacher's union.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Defund Everything ! Afterall it is all Taxpayer Money

Congress / State legislatures ..... Taxation without Representation .... it's a thing lately !

edit on 7232020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: cognizant420

Well, would you want your kid to go to a school ran by all blacks? You wouldn't understand half the crap they would say.

Matter of fact, if most blacks spoke there words a bit better they would probably have a better chance at a job other than fast food.

All the well to do blacks I have come across speak normal English. Majority of them at restaurants speak like they are wannabe gangsta rappers. Atleast in my area anyway.

Few mistakes in your own use of language there champ.

Wow, I guess making yourself feel superior must be your cross to bear.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The responses in this thread are painful.

Not stupidity as much as the fact that the left has gone so overboard, the mockery of it is too close to reality to know who is being sarcastic vs. sincere.
edit on 23-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I went to a high school that was 80 percent black 25 years ago.

White people who have been to mostly white schools just don’t understand the mentality of many black kids.

They are happy being ignorant. They will proclaim how they never have read a book like it’s something to be proud of. If a black kid studied hard, makes good grades, they are often shunned and bullied by their peers for ‘trying to be white’.

I’m sure I’ll get called racist for stating the truth, like most people who do so, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Candace Owen said that the number one thing affecting the blacks is the lack of a male father figure in households. I think the current stat is 70% or something. How does that correlate to school? Well kids growing up learning life lessons from their peers or on the street. Lessons like dont respect authority, use violence before talking about a issue, and blame others instead of taking personal responsibility.

Take this to the schools and maybe teachers realize they cant compete with years of thug life indoctrination. I've seen countless video's of kids attacking teachers... No respect for authority

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Being the local self assigned village idiot, teaching is based on merit and there is no merit in not educating.

Black kids are not stupid, they just put the street in front of smart. Necessity is the mother of invention so they do what they can to survive, as I did. Poverty is the problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

10% of principles are black, in a nation where 13% of the population is black. Im sorry...i don't see the statistical issue with this, especially when the first sentence states that black students have lowered expectations (and therefore likely would never be put in a position to be a teacher or principle).

Thank God we have government agencies to make problems that they can then "fix".

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Not entirely. Urbanized poverty is the problem. Lots of kids grow up poor in the country, and find that they have opportunities once they are adults.

Im sure it can be parsed further from there. Like...its hard to be poor without subsidized housing, and that includes predatory criminals right alongside single moms trying to hold it down for their kids.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Enjoying the hell out of this thread. I wasn't sure I should even open it because I knew what I'd run into.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the volume of logical rebuttals to the "get rid of whitey" mantra.

Good work people. 👍

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The educational system in this country has been obsolete for awhile.

A computer program could teach kids better than the system in place. Could even make learning fun if the program was video game like. The internet has much more information than any school does.

Automate education.
It's more convenient, cost effective and it will result in fewer school shootings, inappropriate teacher behavior and bullying.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
As we see the highly successful push for defunding police I think it's important to look for other places with systemic racism we can better through less government funding and more radical changes. One of the systems with demonstrably worse outcomes for black Americans is the education system. There is research that shows not only does the education system fail black students, but that white teachers have lower expectations for black students allowing for the shocking disparities in overall proficiency upon graduation, which black students are also less likely to complete.

In a report by UNCF it shows that education is largely run by, and staffed by, whites who have lower expectations for black students. It shows the less experienced teachers, lower paid teachers, and novice teacher are more likely to work in predominantly black schools.

There is a clear lack of black representation in school personnel.  According to a 2016 Department of Education report, in 2011-12, only 10 percent of public school principals were black, compared to 80 percent white. Eighty-two percent of public school educators are white, compared to 18 percent teachers of color. In addition, black male teachers only constitute two percent of the teaching workforce.

African American students are often located in schools with less qualified teachers, teachers with lower salaries and novice teachers.

Research has shown evidence of systematic bias in teacher expectations for African American students and non-black teachers were found to have lower expectations of black students than black teachers.
This point towards a need for less experienced teachers to be incentivized to work at predominantly white schools in better funded education systems, thus forcing more experienced teachers to accept work in the schools with education disparities. Even as funding decreases we must move funding from predominantly white schools to those with less funding to create equity. The disparity in expectations is blatant prejudice by white teachers and must not be incentivized through continued financial rewards.

It's all very troubling and to continue funding it as it stands just further victimizes black youths. Defunding, specifically the defunding of white teachers, is the correct way to begin changing the systems for more equitable outcomes. An important step in replacing them is to employ more counselors. There is a critical need for school counselors and, with teachers creating a lower financial burden, there will be much more money to meet or exceed the recommended ratios.

According to the Office for Civil Rights, 1.6 million students attend a school with a sworn law enforcement officers (SLEO), but not a school counselor. In fact, the national student-to-counselor ratio is 491-to-1, however the American School Counselor Association recommends a ratio of 250-to-1.

The numbers are clear, perhaps even more clear than disparities in police involved homicides. We should be defunding education, reallocating the remaining funding away from white schools, and creating disincentives for experienced and qualified teachers to work in predominantly white schools which already have a statistical advantage. Those disincentives could take many forms. Lower salary, fewer days off, or even a lower employee funded retirement benefit, would all be a start.

The teachers unions can show their support for BLM not through just verbal support and calling for defunding of school based policing, but by lobbying for change where they have the biggest impact. They can directly influence policy through their contract negotiations. The experienced teachers and administrators can act to change the system by leaving their positions in mostly white schools and bringing their experience and enthusiasm for equality to predominantly black schools where those skills are sorely needed.

I'm sure teachers, white educators, white administrators, will all be glad to know that they can be part of the same sweeping changes we're seeing in law enforcement in America. Now rather than teaching about racial injustice they can support it through action. It's time for a brave new education system. I hope the school systems in America will take up this cause with the same zeal as with other racial justice causes. They can make a real impact.

LOL....so essentially you are saying black teachers aren't as good as white teachers? Or that black teachers should do better at their own jobs?

Thats racist.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Heuhe defund it all.

Private everything shall prevail, ya idiots.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join