It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal agents retreat

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Trump sends in the feds as Portland Mayor and Oregon's Governor say they are not wanted, Now protestors are kettling the fed strorm troopers back into the federal building they're supposed to be protecting. A poorly planned and not thought out, this Federal presence has endangered both the protestors and the storm troopers that were sent there.

But after pushing back demonstrators, many of them kitted out in helmets and gas masks, the federal agents retreated into their courthouse citadel to mocking jeers and women who were part of the “Wall of Moms” protest linking arms and chanting: “Our streets.”

This ritual was played out three times on Wednesday morning but the end result was the same as every other night. The DHS officers dispatched by the president to put down the demonstrations have instead become prisoners of the building they are ostensibly there to defend.

source

Further more, the federal storm troopers actions have caused angst with the DOD.

Concerns about federal agents wearing military camo raised by DoD in after-action review

Defense Secretary Mark Esper is concerned about how federal agents are identifying themselves, as camo-clad law enforcement rebuff nation-wide protests this summer and confuse the public about the role the military is playing domestically.

Esper wants the public to be able to differentiate between the police and military personnel. His concerns were raised as part of an after-action review currently underway that is looking at the National Guard’s response to protests this summer, chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said Tuesday.

source

The summer of 2020 is going to be remembered for a very long time!

Law and order MUST prevail. That’s not a conservative narrative either. It’s what all of us caught in the middle of you and your oppositions stupid ideological war are demanding for our own protection because the far left and the far right have proven they have absolutely no regard for humanity or what the majority of Americans actually think and want. The crybaby goons in Portland need an ass kicking, plain and simple. People need to make a living and these actions prevent that. Not everyone can be homeless and live off the government tit everyday of their lives.

"Ass kicking" is not law an order it's police brutality. Who's law and who's order Mr thought police avatar?

Tell me to wear a mask and I'll wave my gun around screaming about the constitution. Send secret police in to abduct my political rivals and I'll cheer you all the way!

You've had to much to think Mr!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

Trump sends in the feds as Portland Mayor and Oregon's Governor say they are not wanted, Now protestors are kettling the fed strorm troopers back into the federal building they're supposed to be protecting. A poorly planned and not thought out, this Federal presence has endangered both the protestors and the storm troopers that were sent there.

But after pushing back demonstrators, many of them kitted out in helmets and gas masks, the federal agents retreated into their courthouse citadel to mocking jeers and women who were part of the “Wall of Moms” protest linking arms and chanting: “Our streets.”

This ritual was played out three times on Wednesday morning but the end result was the same as every other night. The DHS officers dispatched by the president to put down the demonstrations have instead become prisoners of the building they are ostensibly there to defend.

source

Further more, the federal storm troopers actions have caused angst with the DOD.

Concerns about federal agents wearing military camo raised by DoD in after-action review

Defense Secretary Mark Esper is concerned about how federal agents are identifying themselves, as camo-clad law enforcement rebuff nation-wide protests this summer and confuse the public about the role the military is playing domestically.

Esper wants the public to be able to differentiate between the police and military personnel. His concerns were raised as part of an after-action review currently underway that is looking at the National Guard’s response to protests this summer, chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said Tuesday.

source

Law and order MUST prevail. That’s not a conservative narrative either. It’s what all of us caught in the middle of you and your oppositions stupid ideological war are demanding for our own protection because the far left and the far right have proven they have absolutely no regard for humanity or what the majority of Americans actually think and want. The crybaby goons in Portland need an ass kicking, plain and simple. People need to make a living and these actions prevent that. Not everyone can be homeless and live off the government tit everyday of their lives.

"Ass kicking" is not law an order it's police brutality. Who's law and who's order Mr thought police avatar?

Tell me to wear a mask and I'll wave my gun around screaming about the constitution. Send secret police in to abduct my political rivals and I'll cheer you all the way!

WTF is wrong with you people, wake the f up. “Ass kicking” is law and order when you have thugs tearing and burning down your city and violating other citizens rights. What do you want to do, give them a gold key to the city?

And again THERE ARE NO SECRET EFF’n POLICE ABDUCTING ANYONE

I also don’t think most people see rioters as political rivals, they see them as A-holes.

How stupid are some of you that keep posting the same lies over and over, #%&@!......

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The rioters are really stupid.

There is historical precedence for the outcome of leftist violence in democratic states.

Spoiler: you don’t get your revolution. Instead you get people like Generalissimo Franco.

Indeed the current unrest in the US is eerily similar to the unrest in Spain prior to the civil war.

Unless the Left wants 40 years of Fascist rule, they should purge the radicals, revolutionaries and violent elements from their groups.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

source

source

Do you understand the difference between peaceful protesting and lawless rioting? The people of Portland participating in these destructive riots are tearing apart the fabric of their communities and the nation.

When decent, innocent people are obstructed from living a peaceful life as they see fit and within the laws of the land we have a problem. When apologists come around defending the violence and destruction at the sacrifice of the common peace, we have a problem. When laws are violated across the country in attempt to send a message about a problem that isn’t as big as it perceived to be, we have a problem.

BLM was a legit cause I was fully behind after the George Floyd killing. But once it got hijacked by the whiny ANTIFA punks and pallets of bricks started showing up the same time “protesters” were being bussed into city after city to “demonstrate” by destroying small businesses and attacking innocent civilians and police officers, there is, without a doubt, a serious f’n problem!!

Does systemic racism exist? Yes, in micro levels, not macro. Do we need police reform? You bet. Our government needs a third party desperately but most importantly, people need to get their crap together and take their blinders off and see that what’s happening in Portland, Seattle, St Louis, Chicago, New York and elsewhere is a disgusting menace to the peace of the people. It’s not progressive, it’s not constructive, and it’s not going to win anyone over. But I’m willing to bet everything I wrote is wrong and offensive to you.
edit on 23-7-2020 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: Muninn
Am I a lawyer? No, but these people are

Legal scholars questioned whether the detentions pass constitutional muster.

“Arrests require probable cause that a federal crime had been committed, that is, specific information indicating that the person likely committed a federal offense, or a fair probability that the person committed a federal offense,” Orin Kerr, a professor at University of California at Berkeley Law School, told The Post. “If the agents are grabbing people because they may have been involved in protests, that’s not probable cause.”

Read his last comment in your quote. Police have the right to detain suspects for questioning. Probable cause is not relevant in questioning, it's only relevant in getting a warrant for search or arrest. You don't have to be a legal scholar to know this.

Probable cause is a requirement found in the Fourth Amendment that must usually be met before police make an arrest, conduct a search, or receive a warrant.

Reasonable suspicion is a standard established by the Supreme Court in a 1968 case in which it ruled that police officers should be allowed stop and briefly detain a person if, based upon the officer’s training and experience, there is reason to believe that the individual is engaging in criminal activity. The officer is given the opportunity to freeze the action by stepping in to investigate. Unlike probable cause that uses a reasonable person standard, reasonable suspicion is based upon the standard of a reasonable police officer.

Did the federal agent that directed the detaining of the Portland guy see that guy doing something illegal or potentially illegal, or have reasonable suspicion that he did prior to them picking him up? We don't know, that hasn't been published. We have to assume that he did or the pickup was random and illegal. Nobody would say "hey, there's someone walking alone, let's pick him up and harass him for no reason". That's not even plausible, they were there to stop destruction of the federal building, they didn't have free time just to hassle people. Of course the exception being the thugs we've seen hitting random people walking down the street because they didn't like their race.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The rioters are really stupid.

There is historical precedence for the outcome of leftist violence in democratic states.

Spoiler: you don’t get your revolution. Instead you get people like Generalissimo Franco.

Indeed the current unrest in the US is eerily similar to the unrest in Spain prior to the civil war.

Unless the Left wants 40 years of Fascist rule, they should purge the radicals, revolutionaries and violent elements from their groups.

Well said. A voice of sensibility.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I’m this is something I can’t wrap my head around, why can’t anyone figure out the difference between a protest and a riot?

Just to be clear, alaskandad, these are riots started by the actual fascists, not the police.

Ole ted wheeler went down there last night in solidarity and got things thrown at him, heckled and eventually tear gassed HAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The corporations are openly funding BLM. Do you need me to pull some links of them proudly admitting this.
You have a very ignorant overview of the situation.
They backed off as to not fight with them.
Maybe you should stick to fishing, alcoholism, mosquitoes, suicide prevention and trying to import some women?
Getting a boner trolling randos on the internet to gain some self esteem or power back tells me you are probably too unstable to even be raising children, Alaskadad

So cops choking folks to death is alright with you, lets hope your next!

Oh my someone is getting triggered, are you woke yet.

Lol but you are a funny guy or gal.

Nothing like ATS trying gang raping a liberal, is there!

Trigger was a horse, so how do you get triggered?????

no you can't play with my bonner, my wife does that!

George Floyd wasn't choked to death, dude had COVID, heart disease, was on fentanyl and meth. You can't choke someone to death by holding the back of their neck

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

The corporations are openly funding BLM. Do you need me to pull some links of them proudly admitting this.
Maybe you should stick to fishing, alcoholism, mosquitoes, suicide prevention and trying to import some women?
Getting a boner trolling randos on the internet to gain some self esteem or power back tells me you are probably too unstable to even be raising children, Alaskadad

Are you drinking? You're making less and less sense with each post.

I'm getting deja vu from Dad's posts. It feels like the second coming of HannyManny.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: HalWesten

Are you drinking? You're making less and less sense with each post.

I'm getting deja vu from Dad's posts. It feels like the second coming of HannyManny.

As does fish bait.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So you consider protesting to be burning and looting businesses? Throwing objects at police?

Also---pretty sure ceding ground to a group of kids who they pretty much destroy the area isn't keeping things under control. So while it was a states issue it seems like quite a few states leaders can't even be honest about what is going on...which in turn makes it a federal issue.

How about all that control in Chicago? How about Atlanta where people have been murdered for pulling into that Wendy's the mob torched after that drunk guy got killed

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Antifa is going to push until the real bullets come out.

Then what?

No one will shed tears over dead communists.

They're at least out there fighting for their beliefs, unlike armchair warriors on ATS who think the clueless dip# of a president is going to MAGA or somehow fix their miserable lives

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

How true!

Both sides have their losers, but one side has been legally murdering for the past century.

It's time for a change!

Chnage to what?! what system would like the USA move to in regard to policing and justice ??

its intellectually lazy to call for change and to not have any idea on what you want to changed to and what it should be.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Then what?

They're at least out there fighting for their beliefs, unlike armchair warriors on ATS who think the clueless dip# of a president is going to MAGA or somehow fix their miserable lives

If these "beliefs" could be articulated coherently and convincingly, there wouldn't be any need to fight. As it stands, they look like a pack of delinquent hoodlums in desperate need of a good tear gassing and a shower of rubber bullets.

To add, my life is far from miserable. Until covid was dropped on us things were humming along nicely. The dems determination to prolong this farce at any and all cost to the population proves they are the miserable ones. They all sound just like you.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Since when are US Marshalls, DEA and ATF....... "Stormtroopers"?

Leftists are lunatics.

Not reading anymore of your stupid whiney anti-Trump crap.

You're going to lose the election, badly.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

President Trump will be re-elected in historic fashion.

He is the greatest American President God ever created.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Then what?

LMAO, The worthless and jobless idiots have nothing better to do than to destroy what others have worked so hard to achieve. Something your little punk boyfriends have no concept of.

The only miserable people I see on here are people like you that can't do nothing but complain and whine about Trump.

Oh and.........MAGA.........REEEEEEEEEE........
edit on 23-7-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Then what?

They're useful idiots. They don't even know what they believe.

Bunch of nihilistic children with no stake in society throwing a temper tantrum.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Then what?

Bunch of nihilistic children with no stake in society throwing a temper tantrum.

I’m sure the irony of this escapes you completely.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

As far as I can tell that is true. Anytime someone tries to interview them they spew vitriol or refuse to speak. Maybe the speakers with microphones have a message but the crowds get angry whenever someone tries to cover them. Whatever the message is. Maybe they are just making plans for the nightly riots.
edit on 23-7-2020 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join