It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer Defunds Police: Cuts $115 Million from State Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So if I am short a few bucks, I should just do a hold up of the Governor of Michigan...not like she can call the police or anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here is the correct information straight from one of our state representatives:

Michigan - State Senator Ken Horn

I probably should have posted sooner, but I’ve gotten a few calls from neighbors, and messages from Facebook friends that the Governor is defunding the Michigan State Police and the Michigan Department of Corrections.

Listen... I’ve been as tough on the governor as anyone, but in complete fairness, this isn’t about defunding police, at all .

The Governor did her part with an Executive Order, and the Legislature acted to make cuts in other areas and offer replacement funding. The Governor will sign our bills.

Dollars for public safety are being replaced with Cares Act money and other sources. But we had an overall $2 billion cut this year.

Now, I do think she has to take responsibility for much of the deficit and the economy. And we really do need to unlock the lopsided management of our government. But in this volatile time of shouting to defund police, this is not part of that.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, she messed things up and because she went way overboard, the state is broke, you cannot pay people if you do not have money. She is an ignorant self centered jerk, it is either her way or the highway. She would not listen to reason when it came to the economy going down.

The State Boys will start giving out more tickets to gain funding, expect no breaks when you get pulled over. Tickets will be flying out the doors with high priced fines to pay. They will have to start giving out tickets for those who are out in public without masks too, that will cover the cuts easily. At five hundred bucks a pop, they will receive a hundred bucks per ticket to fuel their services, sort of like mandating quotas for giving out tickets to people. It is your word against theirs, if you are on the sidewalk when they stop without a mask, when they walk up to you you are in violation of social distance rules if you do not have a mask.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Really, it is no big deal. Every "government" agency can be ran on less than half of "their"....."budgets".
And I'm a real "Republican" (American)..

It's very good to see this sh*t happening! It'll weed out the useless. Embrace it.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"Can't pay people"? Well shoot! Guess you gotta "trim the fat". That's how you "budget".

Or maybe adjust from giving "free stuff" to the "stuff" that matters? That's a "budget".

edit on 22-7-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Matriarchy is a lot worse than the Patriarchy ever was!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You guys/gals in Michigan might be losing Gretchen Whitmer in 6 months. Joe Biden says she's still on his list of potential running mates.

thehill.com...

I know the thought saddens you, but Michigan's loss is America's gain.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You guys/gals in Michigan might be losing Gretchen Whitmer in 6 months. Joe Biden says she's still on his list of potential running mates.

thehill.com...

she doesn't have the correct amount of melanin.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So she’s not defunded the police? Just using the feds to pay for it while platform it about defunding the police. She’s pro police funding?!?!?! She wants those policez? Dang, I think the Democrats of Michigan should know she’s giving the police over a hundred million in federal dollars just this year!!!!

a reply to: HalWesten

edit on 23-7-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If you got robbed
call a crack head

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

thehill.com...

IF he picks her and loses the election, she comes back. That's one of our state laws I'd like to see disappear.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
LULZ'ing at the small government 'conservatives' pissed the government is getting smaller.

Don't worry conservatives, it's not, if you read the articles on this subject you'll find they're gonna pay everyone from the left pocket instead of the right pocket.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
So she’s not defunded the police? Just using the feds to pay for it while platform it about defunding the police. She’s pro police funding?!?!?! She wants those policez? Dang, I think the Democrats of Michigan should know she’s giving the police over a hundred million in federal dollars just this year!!!!

a reply to: HalWesten

She shot us all in the foot by shutting down businesses for months, creating a severe cut in revenue for the state so she's slashing the most important thing - protection of the People.

Spin it whatever way you want, she f'd up and she knows it. Now she's covering her substantial ass using CARES money that should be going to help people's medical issues. However, the CARES act was written in such a way that it would be simple to move money around.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
She is a train wreck, regardless if she is really defunding the state police or not. I doubt she would anyway, because aren't they responsible for her, and her families protection? Don't want to 'P" them off.

But, we are broke, and yet she is setting on how many "billion" in the rainy day fund still?

I can't wait for the recall petition to be out there. Everyone keeps saying "well, what about the lieutenant governor, he isn't any better?"
I would hope he is smart enough to realize that if we do get rid of her, he could easily be next.
The average citizen around my area, has had enough.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LULZ'ing at the small government 'conservatives' pissed the government is getting smaller.

Don't worry conservatives, it's not, if you read the articles on this subject you'll find they're gonna pay everyone from the left pocket instead of the right pocket.

why?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why what? Why am I laughing or why are they funding it that way?

If it's about me laughing it's because nearly every small government conservative has outed themselves on this site over the past few months as being totally full of s***. Between lockdowns, agreeing with bailouts and now not wanting to trim the size of government.

All public unions should be shrunk, if not outright eliminated. Scaling back spending is good. Decreasing budgets is good.

If it's why do they fund it that way the answer is simple, government is inept and bloated and doesn't ever want to get smaller.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
She is a train wreck, regardless if she is really defunding the state police or not. I doubt she would anyway, because aren't they responsible for her, and her families protection? Don't want to 'P" them off.

But, we are broke, and yet she is setting on how many "billion" in the rainy day fund still?

I can't wait for the recall petition to be out there. Everyone keeps saying "well, what about the lieutenant governor, he isn't any better?"
I would hope he is smart enough to realize that if we do get rid of her, he could easily be next.
The average citizen around my area, has had enough.

Same here, I see signs here and there that say "Recall Whitmer" and "Pure Moron" with her name, things like that. Six more days until we can sign.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree unions should be shrunk.
Administrative bloat should be permanently removed.

But, that is not really what she is doing.
She's giving more money to school, that might not even open.....

The winners: Schools and local governments, who received a boost through federal money including a one-time payment of $500 for teachers; a net increase of $175 per pupil and $150 million for local governments. Most of the money for schools is for coronavirus response.

Schools would get an extra $256 million in funding to help prepare for the upcoming school year, and teachers willing to remain on the job will qualify for a collective $53 million in hazard pay.

www.bridgemi.com...
edit on Thu Jul 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
She's giving more money to school, that might not even open.....

Nope, which is why it's all a joke. One giant joke that everyone gets to pick up the punchline price tag on.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

thehill.com...

she doesn't have the correct amount of melanin.

Maybe that promise just got dropped down the memory hole.

I've said it before: the DNC hates Kamala Harris. She won't be the VP nominee. And nobody is excited about that lady from Georgia. So there's really no surprise if Biden ends up turning to someone who is white as his running mate.
edit on 23-7-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join