It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer Defunds Police: Cuts $115 Million from State Cops

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Governor of Michigan has issued an Executive Order that Partially defunds the State Police by $115 !!

Yup they're gitt'n serious so it seems.

She also chopped money from the Dept of "Corrections" and the HHS !!

W0W doing her part in their budget deficit !!

C-A-N-C-E-L

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-155 on Wednesday, which cut $115.07 million from the Michigan State Police budget.

Talk radio host Steve Gruber reported Whitmer ordered the cut, along with others, including $392.67 million being slashed from the Department of Corrections and $36.46 million from the Department of Health and Human Services.

Gretchen Whitmer Defunds Police: Cuts $115 Million from State Cops, Replaces Portion with Fed Cash

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder who prison security guards take out their frustrations on after their salary is cut?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I was under the impression that they were moving the defunding over to HHS with social worker to go on police calls. Looks like no one will be answering the 911 phone calls, or incarcerating anyone.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The article says she's replacing that money with federal funding from the covid relief fund. That's fine for this year but what about next year?

I'm going to bet that every cop and prison staff member are going to make it a point to find a recall petition and sign it next week.

What a tool.

I'm truly at a loss for words that I can say on here.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Indirectly Gretchen Whitmer is going to be responsible in future crimes that could be avoided.
Very sad, in these time we need a stronger police force, not weaker.
What is the idea behind this ?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

The whole idea of replacing police with social workers is lunacy.

Placing people without the correct training in dangerous scenarios is a recipe for disaster.

What will happen is they will simply refuse to go. The same thing will happen to paramedics and the fire brigade, who often can’t respond to a situation without police presence.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Some state had to burn first...
I figured Illinois but nope... Michi-gone...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Some state had to burn first...
I figured Illinois but nope... Michi-gone...

Yep.
Think Detroit.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

If she is taking money from the covid-19 relief fund, that cash might have been earmarked for unemployed people in Michigan.

Illinois is cutting off Covid-19 unemployment benefits 6 days early, so they can use the extra money for something else.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If she is taking money from the covid-19 relief fund, that cash might have been earmarked for unemployed people in Michigan.

Illinois is cutting off Covid-19 unemployment benefits 6 days early, so they can use the extra money for something else.

Wouldn't that come under misappropriation of funds.
Come on we all know Demoncrap ran states would never do something unlawful./SARC

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
She's god, she can do anything without repercussions because our GOP legislature is weak.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I do not expect this to stand. I do not believe that she has the legal authority to do this but I guess we will see. Unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Michigan is a beautiful state and a predominately RED state except for a few counties. It is disgusting to see one large city able to destroy the lives of people in the entire state (see Illinois, Chicago).

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Wait for it, care... the hush slush? Or maybe the fines to
ComEd and The House Unspeakable? All of the imaginable(c)?

My end of the Big Bend in the river is pretty quiet right now,
barring a couple or few thousand for anchor fence run over by
a deduced big set of truck tires. No chance was it a garbage
truck driver with visible fumes for breath.
But if ESL ever does explode, I'm only a half hour away from
wanting a couple extra magazines. Hide the marshmelons.

There probably hasn't been any real money in this country since
Nixon unhooked us from gold... maybe even since FDR had natural
hair pigment. But THIS, Gretchen: are you going to buy all
the social workers expensive flat tops with the saved money ---
and croon by yoUn until the crimers fall asleep from boredom??

Stay safe up there. I don't think J.B. is done with US yet either.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

YEP! Who is Gretchen Whitmer going to call, if her house is vandalized, she's hit from behind on the highway, husband robbed, etc.? She will want a police officer, and police investigation conducted.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I was under the impression that they were moving the defunding over to HHS with social worker to go on police calls. Looks like no one will be answering the 911 phone calls, or incarcerating anyone.

No.
They are moving that money into the DNC and Whitmer;s bank account.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah I was always super confused how a state I perceived as mostly woods lakes and hunters, and down to earth good folks, would have this kind of snippy the horse (member her) goin on....

a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If she's using federal money to fund the police, where was the fed money supposed to go and where is the police money going now?

Sounds a bit like flim-flam, the ole shell game. "Keep an eye on the pea, there she is. Now round and round they go, and here's the pea again, right here. Now watch closely as the hand is quicker than the eye . . ."

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Hmm... Where do you Think this Woman's Fate will wind up in 1 Year ? Yesterdays News , or Chilling in a Prison Cell ? .......

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Michigan is a beautiful state and a predominately RED state except for a few counties. It is disgusting to see one large city able to destroy the lives of people in the entire state (see Illinois, Chicago).

Isn't that a solid description of the USA?
Just a few blue counties.
Bad apples...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join