It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Force Logo and Motto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry double post the one below was what I was typing and I accidentally quoted when I meant to just edit.

edit on 26-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Made me chuckle, O love star wars and am still angry with Disney for turning princess Leia into Mary Poppin's and luke Skywalker into an alcoholic (I mean what proof is that alien seal - manatee/sea cow thing - milk anyway must be strong stuff).
Also crap death for poor old Han, he should have been the one to come in and save the rebellion crashing the aging falcon into the bridge of the imperial ship but no hey Disney will never be star wars just star warts.

That said despite there Nazi overtone's I always liked the Empires ship's, yes the ties were too weak and easily swatted out of the air by Chewbacca's hair hands and yes they always lost or had a design flaw conveniently placed where anyone good at pool could pot a nice proton ball to blow up there base or ship or whatever but still it was part of my childhood and I always wanted to be a Jedi.

But to the thread and despite my own daft opinion of that logo.

I say to the US go for it, if it was inspired by science fiction there is one thing you can say about that, science fiction invented mobile phone's, television and a great many other thing's before they got invented for real.

So why not, still that logo could have been and definitely should have been a bit more inspiring.

While people are knocking the US for it and making fun of it let's be perfectly sane for a moment.

China getting the leap on the US by stealing there's and everyone else's technology are a genuine danger to the world (a shame since they had the potential to be beneficial to humanity instead and then there increasing power would be something to be happy about but in practice no they are not going to be beneficial to humanity only themselves or that is what it look's like from here), they will definitely weaponize space though it is possible that already happened in secret decades ago during the cold war.

Russia resurgent global strategy includes space.

India is now out there.

Even NK is getting there and so too is Iran.

Meanwhile despite the E.U's space agency the west has been falling behind and mainly concentrating on boring civilian projects like telecom's satellites - necessary but as far as human expansion into space a non starter we need to get up there so the west if falling far behind the plan's held by these other nation's and only the US black budget may hold an advantage but how much of an advantage is anyone's guess.

So despite all the flack it's getting (no pun intended) a space force, a military self defence and pro active armed service for the US (and it's allies and indeed the EARTH threat of asteroid impact or something else) is not a laughing matter, in fact it is a definite necessity and essential necessity as to wait is to allow everyone else to get there first and take over while you sleep in bed laughing at yourselves.

edit on 26-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join