It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Officers In Portland May Have Been Permanently Blinded By Lasers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Granto222
I dunno, he said he was "hoping" to get to blast someone. You can decipher it however you like.

In any case, probably best not to say on a public forum..no? even if you are thinking it. Some things you keep to yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The police should look at these lasers as weapons and respond with needed force.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

edit on 2272020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

Everyone (Human Beings) need to understand that we are one race.

We should not give in to divisional tactics by the NWO globalists.

The sooner we realise that our "News" sources are manipulating us, the better.
edit on 2272020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Use #4 buckshot.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Lysergic
It's ok to blind fascists.

It's ok to shoot commies.

You don't see any leftists on ATS fantasizing about killing people but every single day we see multiple on the right doing exactly that. Pathetic.

That's because the leftists are out in the streets doing it for real -

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: infolurker

So where did they get lasers powerful enough to blind cops? I worked under a $20,000 industrial strength laser for years with plenty of warnings plastered on it about causing blindness, got it directly in the eyes a bunch of times over the years. I still have 20/20 vision according to my last eye test. Those must be some military grade lasers there. I find the story a bit unbelievable to be honest.

I've had many lasers of varying types over the years, I used to collect and trade them.

Out of all of the handheld lasers that I've owned, by far the coolest one is a handmade custom built unit that pumps out around 1400mw, which only set me back about £140/150.

Trust me, one slip-up and that thing will bite.

You can get more powerful handheld models on the open market.

It really irks me when idiots do these things with lasers, it just spoils it for us enthusiasts.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Extremely disturbing but with technology like this available to anyone without background checks it was only a matter of time before harm like this was done in malice.

Then there are thing's like tattoo removing lasers and surgical laser's that can be bought quite legally in most country's, so given the harm they can be used by malicious people to cause and the danger to any pilots, any drivers, indeed anyone including law enforcement etc that malicious people may want to harm I think that this technology need's to be more heavily regulated, that said I would personally love a laser drill for my workshop, lasers can be used constructively and it is just human nature that some people use tool's as weapon's, sad but true, I can see this being maliciously used to blow people's tyres and cause accident's, blind people permanently scorching there eye's, cause fires in people's homes etc so it is a technology that as hard as it may be to regulate need's regulation now and to be taken seriously as a potential threat.

The intelligent kid in the workshop is fine since he seems to be the kind to never use it as a weapon but other's may have far more malicious intent's and of course a laser leaves no fingerprint's so you really are talking about the possibility and it is right now for someone to construct a home made directed energy weapon and use it for malicious intent, that was just one of those devices but what if that kid had rigged up a lot more of those laser's and focused them into a single beam, pulsed pushing the lasers as high as they can go without burning them out, it took a while (mere second's) for it to burn through a metal paint tin lid and that was a highly reflective metal, more of them focused would take less time to the point were a rapid flash would be enough to cause damage as great as a bullet to a much thicker piece of metal OR a person OR a tank OR an aircraft.

I hope they bring those responsible to justice.

I certainly hope these officers, they are merely family men doing a job or have the protestors forgotten that, get better and that there sight is not permanently damaged however it is more than likely that they have lost at least part of there vision from this attack.

edit on 22-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Don't expect any pity or outrage from them.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

They are merely men (likely with family's) doing there job, they joined to PROTECT your nation which is why they are serving in that role, they follow orders so why not care about them, the protestors would likely at most have been told off except the more extreme ones but these people that have used weapons on officers representing your government regardless of if you voted for the current president of your nation or not are simply your fellow citizen's doing there job, pity, to be frank I feel outraged on there behalf at this idiotic action, to shine a laser in there eye's mean's that the protestors KNEW the laser could harm the eyesight of those men and so those protestors whom did this need JAIL.

It was deliberate assault upon these officers not self defence.

Who do you think is benefiting and possibly even bankrolling your nation being thrown into turmoil, not your nation of course but it's enemy's, it's competitors and if your nation goes down they go up and that is very bad for the world.

I will say it because it is true BLM is RACIST, ALL LIVES MATTER EQUALLY and ANYONE black, white, green or bloody purple that takes offense to that is actually a racist.

Oh and those idiot's stealing the rainbow for there Homosexual right's parades (Gay is a stolen word that means HAPPY and has nothing to do with gender identity), sorry but it's ours it is a Judeo Christian symbol and was even before Greenpeace used it, it's the Bow of God put in the world after the last great flood and meant to show that GOD won't flood the world again, it's a symbol of HOPE, go and look at religious stained glass.

Your country has gone insane, it is attacking itself and it need's to stop, to get back it's moral core values and put family first and sod the corporations and cheap labour you need to pay your workers a decent wage so they can live.

Part of your nations' problem is allowing the immoral to take control, a HUGE part is allowing corporations to wrest control of your government form your people undermining your democracy and due to that a greater part caused by this and corporate greed is poverty, poverty has driven your nation into the ground creating a two tier nation, the well off the less well off and increasingly poor middle class and the old working class whom now can not earn enough to live so have to hold down multiple job's.

This has driven there desperation, poverty has driven crime up in there community's and police have become biased against the poorest people not only black's but all poor, add to this your prison system that is private enterprise and feed's on your poor by using them as a ready source of income for the owners of your privately owned prison's, corporate police and corrupt judiciary and you have a revolution brewing.

The one man whom has tried to do something about it, admittedly cockeyed in his approach but at least he has tried to bring job's back to your nation in the belief that this will itself drive wages up and he is correct as when the employers need the workers and the workers have more choice the employers then have to pay more to fill there job's, is your current president, he is not a saint but most of the anger against him is because he ousted a black president and is actually racist anger against a white man but believe me you would be far worse off had Clinton won.

edit on 22-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Every other round double Ott sounds more like it like in that movie Ernest Goes to Hollywood he's up on the truck.

Like they had playing it except on the truck somebody pulls up Fame in Hollywood points a gun at him the next scene he got a double-barrel sawed-off I want you to do says this is what I carry

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I have begun to carry my Remington 870 short barre shot gun in my car loaded with deer slugs hoping some crazies try to stop me and do bodily harm.
You stop this bull you'll get the horn. I guess I'm a fascist since i support the 2nd amendment.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And I think there is at least 6 who have been blinded by the gas canister and bean bags, ect. With one being a member of the press.
When there is unidentified people dressed in military gear slashing tires, mobs of people on the streets in the middle of a pandemic, people shooting and beating store clerks over masks, clergy being run off their church property for a photo op, well I think our nation has fallen into a deep pit of group insanity!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So where did they get lasers powerful enough to blind cops? I worked under a $20,000 industrial strength laser for years with plenty of warnings plastered on it about causing blindness, got it directly in the eyes a bunch of times over the years. I still have 20/20 vision according to my last eye test. Those must be some military grade lasers there. I find the story a bit unbelievable to be honest.
so who was the #tard who put the warning on a laser? If they are perfectly safe, why are we even concerned about them?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Lysergic
It's ok to blind fascists.

It's ok to shoot commies.

Well no it's not (as if they even are "commies"). How are you all not permanently banned at this point? What a sad state this place has become. You don't see any leftists on ATS fantasizing about killing people but every single day we see multiple on the right doing exactly that. Pathetic.

Back up that BS bus of yours. PLENTY of left leaners on here, centrists, AND righties are fed the # up with this bull#. There is zero excuse to ALLOW these wild animals to run amok and destroy everything not theirs just because they're pissy do-nothing-in-life wastes of flesh. End. It. NOW.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What the Hell?
If you were to shoot a simple laser pointer at a plane you get into big trouble, but actually blind the feds during a riot and you're not in any trouble? I wonder what I could get away with if I go and protest something downtown?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I guess I should sign up for the concealed weapon class and get the permit. In this new society that the left is creating, you need to protect yourself.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I found out a long time ago pretty much any news story fear mongering about lasers blinding pilots (impossible to be this accurate OMFG a moving airplane?) - were all bogus.

They just use it as false pretext to justify any random bs agenda...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
What the Hell?
If you were to shoot a simple laser pointer at a plane you get into big trouble, but actually blind the feds during a riot and you're not in any trouble? I wonder what I could get away with if I go and protest something downtown?

The odds of you hitting an airplane with a laser by hand with out radar assist are less than 1%...

The odds of you hitting it then actually getting that little dot in the cockpit and right into the guys eye long enough to cause damage?

Impossible.

You need radar guide plus enough time to heat the target so gotta move with it a bit.

No hand held laser ever blinded a pilot...
I call BS lol!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join