It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Officers In Portland May Have Been Permanently Blinded By Lasers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: infolurker

So where did they get lasers powerful enough to blind cops? I worked under a $20,000 industrial strength laser for years with plenty of warnings plastered on it about causing blindness, got it directly in the eyes a bunch of times over the years. I still have 20/20 vision according to my last eye test. Those must be some military grade lasers there. I find the story a bit unbelievable to be honest.

Ebay

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

So where did they get lasers powerful enough to blind cops? I worked under a $20,000 industrial strength laser for years with plenty of warnings plastered on it about causing blindness, got it directly in the eyes a bunch of times over the years. I still have 20/20 vision according to my last eye test. Those must be some military grade lasers there. I find the story a bit unbelievable to be honest.

Definitely not from China.

Lol, all out of China, on ebay

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Umm. no.

I will not post where you can get them but yes, you can get lasers that will easily blind someone. Many of the companies that were openly selling them are no longer allowed to do so because of issues with idiots pointing them things they should not have been.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It is crazy what dangerous crap you can order from China. This is not even the most powerful...

30000mW high power, stable performance
Generate an ultra bright blue beam light full of energy
Can be used to light a cigarette, cut paper and even plastic into pieces, shoot birds, and more
About 180 bucks, even the 20 dollar ones are extremely dangerous.

A millisecond in your eye is permanent blindness.

edit on 22-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I have begun to carry my Remington 870 short barre shot gun in my car loaded with deer slugs hoping some crazies try to stop me and do bodily harm.

crazy is as crazy does, premeditated self defense, hoping to be attaced so you can retaliate, sounds level headed
, would you rather not be attacked? or is it a dream to put some lead into a democrat fascist

And not a peep about the premeditation that comes with the "protesters" I see. This now about answering the escalation we are seeing from the mobs. Its like putting on snow tires because of snow. Not happy people are now taking steps to protect themselves? For all the bile being put on the cops, we are seeing the why's. Our fellow citizens are the problem now. Don't get upset when your own actions get reacted to. [You meaning the mob]

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Maybe some salt rock loaded shotgun shells. I guarantee they will not want to come back and act stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
To be perfectly clear here..I am not defending the protesters..gone on long enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

because the protestors are not on ATS making their point, I responded to what someone stated, I can denounce the protestors but I dont think they are listening, and I am certainly not one of the protestors or stand with what they are protesting, as I live in the UK, but for someone to wish to be attacked so they can retaliate, kinda sounds crazy to me, I hope he does not have his family with him at the time, as it sounds like fire will meet fire, as both sides seem hellbent on causing serious injury to fellow Americans
edit on 22-7-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Time for water cannons and smoke markers 😎🚬

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

What's ironic is that Hong Kong protestors are fighting for freedom against communism.

In Portland/Seattle, rioters are fighting against freedom and for communism.

The big irony is coming if they actually succeed, just listen to what KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov had to say in 1984

Entire interview can be watched HERE

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The next idiot that says these are peaceful protests needs to be slapped up side the head....

Preferably with a 2x4" a few times.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The Feds need to stop pussyfooting around and get the damn job done. I thought they finally got serious a few days ago. I guess not.

These are not peaceful protesters. These are terrorists and anarchists are a self-declared and self-evidenced threat to everyone. It seems they've gotten more weapons to use against anyone and everyone. Those same lasers can be used on locals... on drivers... on EMTs and firefighters and other first responders called to the scene...

The Feds have a duty to the peaceful and law-abiding citizens. They have the Constitutional authority. They have the law enforcement manpower. They have the firepower. They have the training. They have a job to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You can blind someone with a 3mw laser.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
‘The left’ = fascism

That’s obvious to everyone

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So you point a laser at people you should get arrested for assault and more if body injury was caused. In the case of rioters I would say to treat anyone pointing lasers as pointing and using a dangerous weapon. What would one say or cops do about someone walking towards them swinging a bat?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It is crazy what dangerous crap you can order from China. This is not even the most powerful...

30000mW high power, stable performance
Generate an ultra bright blue beam light full of energy
Can be used to light a cigarette, cut paper and even plastic into pieces, shoot birds, and more
About 180 bucks, even the 20 dollar ones are extremely dangerous.

A millisecond in your eye is permanent blindness.

Those cheap, $2 ones on eBay are generally far overpowered and a few mw higher than advertised. You can also mod them pretty easily as they often have trim pots on the inside you can crank up. I bought a few blue and green ones last year. Ever since seeing Floyd when I was 11 I’ve had a fascination with lasers.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

As these "protests' have been allowed to degenerate into mobs carrying for your own protection is the smart way to go. Anything bad they do is being abetted by the local politicians. The protesting actually ended when they started infringing on the rest of the peoples rights. Protesting is all fine and dandy, however once you start destroying ANY property and assaulting people you have no rights,you are a criminal. It seems these days only certain criminal behaviour is bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

spray the rioters with dye then round them up later just a thought

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It's ok to blind fascists.

I don't like the rioters either but that would be a little harsh.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Like LSU2018 just quipped to UPisNowDown... The twisting of the words is something pretty special. He's talking about supporting those that are simply doing their jobs and innocent ppl and protecting himself against the idiots that are hurting innocent ppl in the name of "peaceful" protests and all you can do is talk S**t to him about "fantasizing" ?

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him" is a GREAT quote, love it.
Yet, on a public forum, you feel the need to needle someone about what he may, or may not do to protestors hurting innocent ppl while those same protestors you're standing up for are literally doing all they can to exemplify the absolute opposite of what your quote says?

I have always considered myself an independent, leaning to the right side of the aisle but independent. It's comments, actions and instigations like you and your self righteous contradictions that make ppl say things like that in the first place.

It's an insanely tough time right now, we should be working together to make a difference not needling ppl and pushing their buttons especially about topics that we can all agree are not helping the situation whatsoever.

I think Samuel Johnson quote or your version of it would be better personified by someone else

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join