It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign trying to manipulate the public? : New campaign ad is pic from Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com...

President Donald Trump's reelection campaign released a new Facebook ad with an image of a group of protesters attacking a police officer alongside the words "public safety vs chaos & violence."

But that photo is actually from a pro-democracy protest in Kyiv, Ukraine, in 2014. The photographer, Mstyslav Chernov, confirmed to Business Insider that it is his photo from six years ago.

So what is the deal?

This a big nothing or i the campaign trying to manipulate people?

It's not like there are plenty of photos they could have used from this country.

Makes me curious

According to Facebook's advertising archive, the ad has run three times since Tuesday and has been accompanied by messages designed to appeal to American evangelicals.

"Help ensure Pro-Life values are represented in Washington for four more years," one post with the ad said.

edit on 22-7-2020 by Granby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
#MAGA

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
#MAGA

Yeah

I figured that is pretty much how it will go here

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Granby

You could easily swap that photo from current events in Portland, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.. Could be a careless FB advertiser.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Pretty much a stock riot photo. Would you be happier if it were say Portland, Seattle or Chiraq? Because I’m sure there is stock photos of plenty of losers doing the same thing.

Would it be “manipulation” then or is your TDS just so strong anything done by the orange man is the end of the world. Just wondering

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No worries!
Domestic pictures will be available post haste, now that Dear Leader Trump is sending federal troops, guaranteed to stir up tensions and disorder, into Chicago and other Democrat governed cities.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It’s really fitting that Trump used a picture of Pro-Democracy people as his adversary in this ad.

At least he’s being honest with you.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those evil KAGA Trump supporters./SARC

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A campaign trying to manipulate the public? Be still, my heart! WTF do you THINK campaigns do?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Anyone else find it ironic that the picture supposedly depicting “chaos” is from a ”Pro Democracy protest?

And the cherry on the top: it’s from a protest in Ukraine!

Those Russian trolls coming through for ole 45 again!

ETA: Underworks, you type too fast! Beat me to it!

edit on 22-7-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I agree with the message "Learn More , something Trump supporters should take onboard.
As for the picture , I guess it's to politically dangerous to use a picture of Americans being beaten so just any image will do to implant the message , and there was me thinking Evangelicals were trustworthy.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I don't see the issue... He didn't say what the photo was from, just that there would be chaos and violence. I assure you there are more pictures of left wing violence out there than there are of anything else. Trump didn't use that picture just because he couldn't find another one, so I'm not sure I see your point.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe he is pointing to the fact that these democratic cnts are using the same processes they used in the overthrow of the legit Ukrainian government.

With the way Portland and Chicago dems are blowing up the fact feds are now or will be in their cities, I’m expecting a false flag using snipers etc to blame a bloodbath on trump and his apparent ‘stormtroopers’.
Remember this is what setoff the purple revolution in Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’s really fitting that Trump used a picture of Pro-Democracy people as his adversary in this ad.

At least he’s being honest with you.

Someone grabbed a badly sourced pic, but never the less the picture depicts something minor that happens at the very least everyday in these occupied riots.

They were tame with that pic and with the potential for much more in any given pic in the US over these riots

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No worries!
Domestic pictures will be available post haste, now that Dear Leader Trump is sending federal troops, guaranteed to stir up tensions and disorder, into Chicago and other Democrat governed cities.

"Guaranteed to stir up tensions and disorder" she says... IN Chicago...

*reverse snort*

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There are far worse photos of the kind of stuff happening here in the U.S. Probably a legal issue in using those. Not sure why he'd use a Ukranian photo.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe he is pointing to the fact that these democratic cnts are using the same processes they used in the overthrow of the legit Ukrainian government.

With the way Portland and Chicago dems are blowing up the fact feds are now or will be in their cities, I’m expecting a false flag using snipers etc to blame a bloodbath on trump and his apparent ‘stormtroopers’.
Remember this is what setoff the purple revolution in Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm sure there are millions of graphic/violent pictures from here in the US that could have been used (have you been living under a rock lately?)

senseless murders and collateral damage with murders of children are happening on a daily and weekly basis respectively.

You are literally looking for something to criticize the Trump campaign of when there are legitimate political issues like the crappy job the IRS/Treasury is doing with stimulus, or the fraud-ridden PPP loans and other wasteful spending (which Dems are also guilty of BTW)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
A campaign trying to manipulate the public? Be still, my heart! WTF do you THINK campaigns do?

So true.

This is the entire point of political advertisements. Take elements of the truth. Spin it into something unrecognizable and then elicit a strong emotional response.

The good news is that this tactic only affects the weak minded. The bad news is there exist so many weak minded.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No worries!

So you are against federal troops helping in Chicago with the out of control violence and dozens of shootings daily?
By the tone of your post, I already know you are against it so the real question is......

WHY are you against it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join