It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCloskey Gun Inoperable, But Prosecution Ordered Lab to Make It Operable and ‘Lethal’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Since they tampered with evidence.

Any decent judge should throw out the case.

They should be facing felony charges for fabrication of evidence.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: Drucifer

What would you do, they called the police, no show. 3500 vandals broke down a gate, trespassed onto their property, The 2nd amendment is for home self defense too.

I said it in my post- I would have sat in a 2nd story window and watched and waited. It’s a MUCH better vantage point and gives you protective cover from projectiles or people deciding to call a bluff and rushing you. I’ve yet to see or hear of any evidence that these protesters were destroying anything before or after they passed the dipsh!t’s house, which leads me to believe they would have marched their asses right to the mayor’s house instead of stopping to engage the dipsh!t’s.

IMO, they created an issue where one did not exist. My neighbor across the street does a lot of stupid sh!t. I know they’re selling/buying drugs in their driveway, they regularly have friends over who make zero effort to be quiet when they openly talk about their adventures in ‘thug life’. They’re 75% of the reason we decided to become gun owners. Is it wise of me to stand on my porch with my guns pointed at them when there’s 20 of them partying in their driveway talking about beating people’s asses and how much they don’t give a f*ck about anyone, or is it wise for me to keep a watchful eye and not engage them unless necessary?

how did the gate get damaged?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Being that the weapon wasn't immediately turned over what's to say one of them didn't disassemble it to render it inoperable so they would have this as a point of contention?

I mean they are attorneys so they do have a genetic predisposition to scumbag behavior.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Being that the weapon wasn't immediately turned over what's to say one of them didn't disassemble it to render it inoperable so they would have this as a point of contention?

I mean they are attorneys so they do have a genetic predisposition to scumbag behavior.

isn't it still what you can prove that matters in court?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
If that was the case, then they should have thrown the firing pins from both guns at the dogs.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
isn't it still what you can prove that matters in court?

Yeah, and I can prove what I said about attorneys in court.

And out of court.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
If that was the case, then they should have thrown the firing pins from both guns at the dogs.

Both guns would have been really stupid. Maybe they argue for Mr. Poor Gun Handling that he didn't actually point it at anyone.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Do they understand "private property"?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Seeing their poor gun skills leads me to believe they would have no clue how to do that...lol

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Seeing their poor gun skills leads me to believe they would have no clue how to do that...lol

I put no amount of treachery past an attorney, as evidence I offer you the Congress of the United States of America.

You can concede the argument now.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You can concede the argument now.

You win

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmmm.....
Operable,inoperable
The couple was on private property and protedted by state law
If anyone illegally entered their property they legally could use deadly force against them

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

What would you do, they called the police, no show. 3500 vandals broke down a gate, trespassed onto their property, The 2nd amendment is for home self defense too.

I said it in my post- I would have sat in a 2nd story window and watched and waited. It’s a MUCH better vantage point and gives you protective cover from projectiles or people deciding to call a bluff and rushing you. I’ve yet to see or hear of any evidence that these protesters were destroying anything before or after they passed the dipsh!t’s house, which leads me to believe they would have marched their asses right to the mayor’s house instead of stopping to engage the dipsh!t’s.

IMO, they created an issue where one did not exist. My neighbor across the street does a lot of stupid sh!t. I know they’re selling/buying drugs in their driveway, they regularly have friends over who make zero effort to be quiet when they openly talk about their adventures in ‘thug life’. They’re 75% of the reason we decided to become gun owners. Is it wise of me to stand on my porch with my guns pointed at them when there’s 20 of them partying in their driveway talking about beating people’s asses and how much they don’t give a f*ck about anyone, or is it wise for me to keep a watchful eye and not engage them unless necessary?

how did the gate get damaged?

I seem to recall someone just opening the gate. I could be wrong, it’s been a couple weeks. Regardless, even if some f*cktard came on my property and ripped the gate off my fence to my backyard, I wouldn’t draw a gun on him. I’d certainly have it holstered, but I wouldn’t draw on him.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I must have missed the thread where everyone agreed that the McCloskey's were being responsible gun owners by pointing their guns at people with their fingers on the triggers.

(Before ya'll jump on the parade of calling me a libtard...again, I'm a 2nd Amendment supporting, gun owning Libertarian)

Edit- Forgot to add, in regards to the OP...that sounds like BS to me. You can't reassemble evidence to create the crime you're trying to charge them for. If that's the case, we'll have to go back and change the outcome of many cases over the years that didn't work out when evidence was contrary to the charges. Pick something that'll stick.

My beef just comes from them stupidly pointing guns at people and IMO, the protesters would have kept on walking instead of sticking around to engage them had they stayed inside. I know I wouldn't have chosen to defend my home in such a way. I'd be on the 2nd floor window keeping a watchful eye. I 100% believe this was done to get themselves some free promotion.

agreed on the poor gun safety. I'd say some education on that is crucial. But other than that, they were scared for their life and protected their home the only way they could since Police would not come. Nobody was killed, and thankfully, nobody actually harmed them. Charges against them are political and this will result in a lawsuit where taxpayers will be given the bill for the prosecutors ignorance.

This isn't one thats hard to understand. it's cut and dry.

I don’t deny it’s political, but I think that’s more of an added bonus to those who want to use it for political points. It’s stupid to point guns at people unless you’re going to or need to pull the trigger. You can’t pick and choose when gun safety is relevant, it’s always relevant.

I still stand by what I said, the couple should have stayed inside and guarded their home from the 2nd floor windows. They could have done 10x as much damage from above and dodged whatever was thrown at them from a higher vantage point. Instead, they chose to stand face to face with the protesters and engage them. This situation easily could have been avoided.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yep
The criminals shouldn't have trespassed on private property.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Yep
The criminals shouldn't have trespassed on private property.

Funny how they keep forgetting to mention that. It's always blame the gun owner. Several years ago a co-worker of mine was mugged. The guy knocked her down grabbed her purse and computer case and then started kicking her with steel toe boots. I pulled my pistol and he stopped. The guy who called the police didn't call them because he was kicking the crap out of her. He called them because I had a gun. If he wasn't mugging her, I wouldn't have aimed my weapon at him.

I'm sick and tired of people telling me that my property or money isn't worth someone's life. If little Johnny or Jamal didn't kick in my door they wouldn't have gotten shot.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In looking up info on if the protesters actually trespassed on their property, I came across this article which indicates this couple are of the supreme asshole variety.

www.stltoday.com... e-53c3-abcb-ecd0225dd287.html

When I find time to give a sh!t, I’ll get back to looking into the private property aspect. It could already be widely known, I haven’t paid much attention outside of the initial video then hearing they were being prosecuted.

They should have PLENTY of experience in courts, so if they’re worth their salt and did no wrong, this should be a walk in the park for them. They might want to take some gun safety and handling courses after this, in case they decide to walk out of their house and display their ineptitude again in the future.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What a hunk of junk $60 pistol! It's a Bryco model 38, currently sold as the Jimenez JA-380. Judging by the looks of their house you'd think she'd have something much nicer. Weird.

Here's an exploded view, I had to see if the spring and firing pin even could be reversed so I looked it up and it looks like yeah, probably.

Seems to me that a mistake like that would have to be very on purpose.

edit on 22-7-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Since your posting up a storm you appear to give a crap so why don't you get all the facts and then make your case!? Until then be quite!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join