It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCloskey Gun Inoperable, But Prosecution Ordered Lab to Make It Operable and ‘Lethal’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It appears the charges the corrupt St. Louis prosecutor is trying to use only works if it can be proven that the firearm was operational and lethal. It appears her pistol was not. So, to make sure your politically motivated false prosecution goes forward, just have the police lab "fix it" so that it works now.

See how a politically motivated witch hunt works with corrupt leftest ideologues. Why didn't they just plant some drugs in the butt stock of his rifle so they can charge them with drug running as well? Oh, better not give them any ideas.

www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/gardner-staffer-ordered-crime-lab-to-reassemble-patricia-mccloskeys-gun/63-be112149-d06c-4f54-a225-6545e74b5c2d?utm_ca mpaign=snd-autopilot

In Missouri, police and prosecutors must prove that a weapon is “readily” capable of lethal use when it used in the type of crime with which the McCloskeys have been charged.

At the request of Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley, crime lab staff members field stripped the handgun and found it had been assembled incorrectly. Specifically, the firing pin spring was put in front of the firing pin, which was backward, and made the gun incapable of firing, according to the documents.

Firearms experts then put the gun back together, per Hinckley’s request, in the correct order and test-fired it, finding that it worked, according to the documents.

Crime lab workers photographed the disassembly and reassembly of the gun, according to the documents.

www.redstate.com... d-lethal/

Gardner, a prosecutor backed by George Soros during her election, filed a charge of felony unlawful use of a weapon as well as a misdemeanor charge of fourth degree assault against both McCloskeys.

But a story breaking today shows another big problem in the case and it’s pretty troubling.

When the gun that Patricia McCloskey had was turned over to the authorities, it was inoperable and inoperable when it arrived at the St. Louis Police crime lab.

McCloskey Gun Inoperable When Police Seized It, But Prosecution Ordered Crime Lab to Make It Operable and ‘Lethal’

Hinckley swore in the complaint filed that it was “readily capable of lethal use” when it was used in the incident.

The couple’s attorney said it was “disheartening to learn that a law enforcement agency altered evidence in order to prosecute an innocent member of the community.”

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Hmm....more lying law enforcement
Not suprising

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And people wonder why the cops are losing trust.

They make it impossible for anyone to support them when they do # like this.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
And people wonder why the cops are losing trust.

They make it impossible for anyone to support them when they do # like this.

Yep
Why not throw out the prosecutor for tampering with evidence?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Democrats doing it again !!

Lies+Deception+Cheating is their only God !!

All part of their master campaign strategy and people fall for it 🤣🤣

Democrat Roadmap to Success...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Since they tampered with evidence.

Any decent judge should throw out the case.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I bet the lawsuit will be epic.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley,

Should this guy/gal have their law license revoked?

At the request of Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley, crime lab staff members field stripped the handgun and found it had been assembled incorrectly. Specifically, the firing pin spring was put in front of the firing pin, which was backward, and made the gun incapable of firing, according to the documents.

Firearms experts then put the gun back together, per Hinckley’s request, in the correct order and test-fired it, finding that it worked, according to the documents.
Prosecution Ordered Crime Lab to make it Operable

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Gardner, a prosecutor backed by George Soros

Oh, this case makes sense now.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The corrupt bitch was backed by Soros?
Who wudda thunk it?
Corruption is the Liberals middle name.
edit on 22-7-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why not indeed.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Tampering with evidence which is an understatement.

Is a felony in Missouri.

law.justia.com...
edit on 22-7-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Gardner, a prosecutor backed by George Soros

Oh, this case makes sense now.

Yes, the Soros tactic is to now prop up / support local District Attorneys so that we can start pushing those witch hunts at the local level.

www.washingtontimes.com...
George Soros notches more leftist DAs in push to remake criminal-justice system

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I bet the lawsuit will be epic.

I'll place money on that too.

Source

Mark McCloskey appeared on Fox News Monday night and said, “It’s a totally upside-down world. The prosecutor apparently thinks her job isn’t to keep us safe from criminals, but to keep the criminals safe from us. ... We’re not going to apologize for doing what’s right.”

In a statement Monday, Gardner said “it is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner at those participating in nonviolent protest.” She said if the McCloskeys completed a diversion program, “I believe this would serve as a fair resolution to this matter.”

Yeah, nice peaceful protest spilling onto your front yard.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats doing it again !!

Those damned Democrats. Why can't they learn to be honest and truthful like Republicans.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I must have missed the thread where everyone agreed that the McCloskey's were being responsible gun owners by pointing their guns at people with their fingers on the triggers.

(Before ya'll jump on the parade of calling me a libtard...again, I'm a 2nd Amendment supporting, gun owning Libertarian)

Edit- Forgot to add, in regards to the OP...that sounds like BS to me. You can't reassemble evidence to create the crime you're trying to charge them for. If that's the case, we'll have to go back and change the outcome of many cases over the years that didn't work out when evidence was contrary to the charges. Pick something that'll stick.

My beef just comes from them stupidly pointing guns at people and IMO, the protesters would have kept on walking instead of sticking around to engage them had they stayed inside. I know I wouldn't have chosen to defend my home in such a way. I'd be on the 2nd floor window keeping a watchful eye. I 100% believe this was done to get themselves some free promotion.
edit on 22-7-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just another idiot continuing to make the left look like the dumbest MOFO’s on the planet. I’m so thoroughly disgusted and sick of these leftists bafoons. They keep proving that they’re the most corrupt of the corrupt. Sad people defend this kind of behavior.

One would think that she just got the case thrown out by this dumbass move.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

What would you do, they called the police, no show. 3500 vandals broke down a gate, trespassed onto their property, The 2nd amendment is for home self defense too.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: Drucifer

What would you do, they called the police, no show. 3500 vandals broke down a gate, trespassed onto their property, The 2nd amendment is for home self defense too.

I said it in my post- I would have sat in a 2nd story window and watched and waited. It’s a MUCH better vantage point and gives you protective cover from projectiles or people deciding to call a bluff and rushing you. I’ve yet to see or hear of any evidence that these protesters were destroying anything before or after they passed the dipsh!t’s house, which leads me to believe they would have marched their asses right to the mayor’s house instead of stopping to engage the dipsh!t’s.

IMO, they created an issue where one did not exist. My neighbor across the street does a lot of stupid sh!t. I know they’re selling/buying drugs in their driveway, they regularly have friends over who make zero effort to be quiet when they openly talk about their adventures in ‘thug life’. They’re 75% of the reason we decided to become gun owners. Is it wise of me to stand on my porch with my guns pointed at them when there’s 20 of them partying in their driveway talking about beating people’s asses and how much they don’t give a f*ck about anyone, or is it wise for me to keep a watchful eye and not engage them unless necessary?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I must have missed the thread where everyone agreed that the McCloskey's were being responsible gun owners by pointing their guns at people with their fingers on the triggers.

(Before ya'll jump on the parade of calling me a libtard...again, I'm a 2nd Amendment supporting, gun owning Libertarian)

Edit- Forgot to add, in regards to the OP...that sounds like BS to me. You can't reassemble evidence to create the crime you're trying to charge them for. If that's the case, we'll have to go back and change the outcome of many cases over the years that didn't work out when evidence was contrary to the charges. Pick something that'll stick.

My beef just comes from them stupidly pointing guns at people and IMO, the protesters would have kept on walking instead of sticking around to engage them had they stayed inside. I know I wouldn't have chosen to defend my home in such a way. I'd be on the 2nd floor window keeping a watchful eye. I 100% believe this was done to get themselves some free promotion.

agreed on the poor gun safety. I'd say some education on that is crucial. But other than that, they were scared for their life and protected their home the only way they could since Police would not come. Nobody was killed, and thankfully, nobody actually harmed them. Charges against them are political and this will result in a lawsuit where taxpayers will be given the bill for the prosecutors ignorance.

This isn't one thats hard to understand. it's cut and dry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join