It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Vows Retaliation After U.S. Shuts Down Houston Consulate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
I dont blame the consumers.
They buy whatever is available and today it is all widgets made in slave labor countries.

No, we can look to the banking and corporate masters that not only infest DC with lobbyists, they also bankroll all the running politicians for us to select from.

Millions protested against the trade pacts being pushed by the corporate and banking sector and they were given the finger.

The rest is history.

You can still vote with your wallet. I have very few items in my home from China. I try to buy American or EU made items as much as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
I'm frankly stunned that the financial markets didn't drop significantly today on this news (futures trading was down before US market open, but it was actually net positive by CoB in the major indices).

Something is going on behind the scenes. I'm beginning to wonder if this was staged/prearranged. Trump administration gets to be viewed as turning the screws on China. China will undoubtedly retaliate, and Xi can likewise claim a moral victory.

Why burn documents by the way. I'm not aware of any real way to reconstruct documents that have been destroyed with a nice, commercial-grade paper shredder (maybe this is a way, but I don't think so). Again, burning documents in plain sight is a way to make headlines, and create sensationalism.

Keep the eyes peeled. All is not as it seems.

most places dont have shredders big enough to handle that volume, and i would guess this was meant to be untrackable so no digital copies of things paper old school spying

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Thanks for the post Sleeper - Of interesting note, Houston facilitates a shocking amount in the area of human trafficking/sex slave trading... I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: and14263
Yeah man we need to differentiate between CCP and Chinese nationals!

They’re people like us.

Looking out the window right now hoards of heroin addicts wander up the streets, some on crutches, some old, some extremely young. People are literally collapsing on the pavements. Sirens go past every quarter of an hour. Youths linger dangerously on the street corners looking for something to do or rob as their position in life has become pretty much hopeless with the height of their dreams getting in a job in one of the warehouses paying minimum wage storing all the crap sent to us from China.

Seriously that is the reality here in much of the UK today and something seriously needs to change or I can't even imagine where we are going to be another few decades.

You mean all the crap the UK orders from China dont you?

I look at it sent from China. There is a completely unfair playing field by buying stuff from Commies

As a consumer, I'm significantly more likely to choose a cheaper Chinese imported item over the overpriced domestic version. And I am NOT sorry about it, I have a budget to mind and it does not allow for paying twice the cost just to have a stateside-made item instead.

It's not CHINA sending their goods to the US and UK, it's the UK and US consumers deciding domestic-made costs too damn much.

Now, if companies could, I dunno, cap the living hell out of high ranking pay (CEOs, CFOs, etc) and have the savings trickle down to the consumers, I'd definitely consider it. But until then, I'm buying Chinese over American. Sue me.

Dont for get Wall Street getting a cut of your money as well in everything you buy.
Back in the day, mom and pop stores and many small business were not involved with wall street.

Main Street can exist without wall street but Wall Street cannot exist without Main Street. Someone has to do all the work.
edit on 25-7-2020 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Lysergic
The Suicide Nets on the FoxConn building scream best society on earth.

Clearly you have no understanding of Asian culture with that comment.

First off, today in China, it was polled, in comparison to other countries, the Chinese people have a "neutral" view towards suicide as opposed to our "negative" view here.

It most likely stems from cultural norms of "Honor sucide"

Not saying its right, im just saying it has nothing to do with their government setup and more to do with culture.

You're mixing Asian Culture with the China Communist Party. They are two very distinct things. Asian culture has survived thousands of years. The CCP took power in 1949. Asian people have very high work ethics. Japan is where I first learned that in the 1980's.

The CCP is an oppressive government. The CCP has no regard for their people.

The CCP is not very much liked by the masses. Only the wealthy and government officials prosper.

The US is headed that way if not already there where the only people that matter are the Corporate and Banking Lobbyists and Wall Street.

Trillions of dollars are handed over to a small group of already wealthy people that have politicians on speed dial.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

It simply does not work like that. Millions of companies buy or get their products made in China because it makes sense for them when you are talking about profit.

You imagine all those products being made in the West. Are you going to work for peanuts? Of course not, so products are going to sky rocket, people will not be able to afford them, and companies will go under.

It's not just crap junk made in China. A lot of the hi tech stuff is made in China too. Your phone, tv, console, pad, etc

Its not China's fault. Regarding companies, it's all about profit and money. You think countries economies have nothing to do eith China? We are talking about millions apon millions of western companies that deal with China, so of course that helps the countries economy.

There was a breakdown down on the Iphone to figure out how much it actually cost apple to build one in China. It was around $200 dollars with labor included.

The rest goes to R&D, CEO, Upper Management Pay and Wall Street.
That is a significant markup.

There have also been price comparisons made on items that were made in the USA in the not so distant past. Once they moved to China, the costs either stayed the same or went up while the profits increased to upper management and shareholders.

So, what needs to happen if we bring those back to the USA?
The reverse. Profits go dwon, upper management and shareholders take a paycut.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Its not China's fault. Regarding companies, it's all about profit and money. You think countries economies have nothing to do eith China? We are talking about millions apon millions of western companies that deal with China, so of course that helps the countries economy.

Nah sorry but you have a VERY low standard of understanding when it comes to the world of business and economics. Of course the Commies will take advantage of the situation and undercut domestic manufacturers and you really must understand they don't play it fair, they don't operate with equality in Factory Acts they don't let their currency appreciate they don't let free will exist in their economic model. China's economy is a planned assault on the free world with an intention to spread the Communist model with a long term aim of controlling the free world. It's a game and a plan and a very devious plan and unless we act soon the Commies are going to succeed!

The west is no better where we bail out the "Capitalists" and Wall Street.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

If we cut off trade completely, at this moment, the consequences would be devastating. Something like 90% of all anti-biotics are produced in China.

The better approach is to rebuild our mfg base here in the US, /then/ draw down trade.

That would be ideal but it wouldn't work in reality. The 1% is so corrupt they didn't care about exploiting communist oppressed slave labor in the first place. They won't build manufacturing in the USA unless they are forced to at gunpoint.

Cutting ties first forces the issue. It's the most painful way to do it, but it's the only way that will work with our elite the way they are.

Force China to block the trade routes and it would be win for Americans and a blow against the slave labor seekers.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I dont blame the consumers.
They buy whatever is available and today it is all widgets made in slave labor countries.

No, we can look to the banking and corporate masters that not only infest DC with lobbyists, they also bankroll all the running politicians for us to select from.

Millions protested against the trade pacts being pushed by the corporate and banking sector and they were given the finger.

The rest is history.

You can still vote with your wallet. I have very few items in my home from China. I try to buy American or EU made items as much as possible.

Voting with your wallet has never worked at the individual level. It has to be a group effort.
An organization formed to get everyone onboard.

It it the way big business works as well.

They team up with other business and send lobbyists representing them to Washington DC to get what they want.

If we do like Big Business does, we create a Consumer Organization with millions of members able to compete with corp lobby money. We put our own lobbyists in Washington DC to kill all the trade pacts with slave labor countries.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

We put our own lobbyists in Washington DC to kill all the trade pacts with slave labor countries.

Washington doesn't need more lobbyists, it needs zero lobbyists.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

When you make a thread you should update it for couple of days. They are closing US consulate and refuse to close theirs. It's getting funny again

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

When you make a thread you should update it for couple of days. They are closing US consulate and refuse to close theirs. It's getting funny again
lol, who the hell do they think they are by refusing? We can just go on and evict their arses.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

Did some research, check this out.

China on Saturday protested against the “forced entry” into the Chinese consulate in Houston by US law enforcement agents after the diplomats were forced to leave over spying claims.

Wang Wenbin, China’s foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement that the US had no right to break into the facility and warned that Beijing will make the “necessary response”.

...amusing to see chinese act without power, lulz.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This lady has some knowledge to share about US consulates and why they choose the one in Chengdu
a short VID
and of course this dude

edit on 25/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We put our own lobbyists in Washington DC to kill all the trade pacts with slave labor countries.

Washington doesn't need more lobbyists, it needs zero lobbyists.

Corporate and Banking Lobbyist have increased under Trump.
I see no signs of it slowing down for them. I would be onboard with zero lobbyists if the corps and banks leave.

Otherwise, we need worker and consumer lobbyists if they will not leave.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Corporate and Banking Lobbyist have increased under Trump.
I see no signs of it slowing down for them.

That's called 'draining the swamp'.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join