It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Speaker of House arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
www.dailypress.com... l

COLUMBUS, OHIO — The powerful Republican speaker of the Ohio House and four associates were arrested Tuesday in a $60 million federal bribery case connected to a taxpayer-funded bailout of Ohio’s two nuclear power plants.

Hours after FBI agents raided Speaker Larry Householder’s farm, U.S. Attorney David DeVillers described the ploy as likely the largest bribery and money-laundering scheme “ever been perpetrated against the people of the state of Ohio.”

YouTube: youtu.be...

Borges has increasingly been on the outs with the Ohio Republican Party establishment since it was taken over by devotees of President Donald Trump. He was recently censured by the party’s central committee, including for helping launch a PAC in June to turn out GOP voters for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden. Borges’ attorney declined to comment.

Clark is one of Ohio’s best connected lobbyists, representing a high-powered stable of clients from the pharmaceutical, gambling and alcoholic beverage industries, among others. His attorney, Will Ireland, said he did not “see any culpability” in the case.

Cespedes is a former investment officer with the Ohio Treasurer’s Office who was appointed by then-Gov. John Kasich as commissioner for the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, where he oversees efforts to stop discrimination. His term ends July 29. Cespedes’ attorney, Mark Collins, said he was still reviewing the 82-page affidavit.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

This is huge! I'm surprised no one has created a thread here yet, so here ya go! This is a first in recent history, all of Ohio history.
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago3305699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Whelp, if you do the crime, you do the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
yep

lets now get down to business

the nuclear power plant upstream on the mississippi river in illinois is going to be next

they have change the water temperature over the last 30 years

alligators are going to be seen in the back waters

hang them bastards with raw octopus legs to where they can still breath yet their eyes are popping out

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
hang them bastards with raw octopus legs to where they can still breath yet their eyes are popping out

Well said, I concur. I think this would be the best, most logical approach to the problem.

Wait, hang the speaker of the house and his associates or hang the alligators?

(post by musicismagic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Good I hope the book is thrown at him. Political bribery and lobbying tricks are exactly what the American people have been pissed off about for decades. Glad to see people of these crimes going to court.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Well...one thing is for sure...nobody can accuse you for not knowing how to express your frustration or dis-satifaction.

edit on 22/7/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699
This feels like a token. Corruption of local, state, and federal government is at an all time high. One prosecution is like a lick and a promise. If they were serious, the federal courts would be prosecuting 24/7 for the next 5 years.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Man that's exactly why Nancy Pelosi sent that funky letter she disclosed a week later this month requesting FBI defensive briefings for the entire house. It is happening very subtly too. The federal units going to Chicago. These actions come with visible actions, and discreet low vis/stealth ones as well.

Might start seeing lawsuits like this and missing gang leaders coming up in Chicago soon. Perhaps a bribery case in the selling of comex to China?? Maybe that mayors new world order wont be enough to save her

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Klassified

Man that's exactly why Nancy Pelosi sent that funky letter she disclosed a week later this month requesting FBI defensive briefings for the entire house. It is happening very subtly too. The federal units going to Chicago. These actions come with visible actions, and discreet low vis/stealth ones as well.

Might start seeing lawsuits like this and missing gang leaders coming up in Chicago soon. Perhaps a bribery case in the selling of comex to China?? Maybe that mayors new world order wont be enough to save her

“We are gravely concerned, in particular, that Congress appears to be the target of a concerted foreign interference campaign, which seeks to launder and amplify disinformation in order to influence congressional activity, public debate, and the presidential election in November.”

www.speaker.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Well said, I concur. I think this would be the best, most logical approach to the problem.

Wait, hang the speaker of the house and his associates or hang the alligators?

Well, one is a slimy, vicious, cold-blooded reptile and the other is an alligator...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hope they put the slime-ball away for a long time. You have to question how many other political slime-balls haven't been caught in other types of corruption.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Another RINO bites the dust!

I'll drink to that!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Seems a lot of never Trumpers have criminal activity hiding in their closets.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

But one person whose political instincts proved to be sharper than his own, Seitz says, was his old friend Larry Householder. “For the entire year he kept telling me Trump was going to win, and I kept telling him, ‘I don’t think so,’ and he kept telling me, ‘You watch,’” Seitz says with a laugh. “Larry was right.” He supported Trump

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Glorious!

Now onto the rest of them!

I fully believe we should audit our politicians regularly, with a rotating cast of auditors to not allow for complacency or corruption. We should also toss out lobbyist. If a company wants to appeal to DC, they should have to do it via the American public, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: projectvxn

But one person whose political instincts proved to be sharper than his own, Seitz says, was his old friend Larry Householder. “For the entire year he kept telling me Trump was going to win, and I kept telling him, ‘I don’t think so,’ and he kept telling me, ‘You watch,’” Seitz says with a laugh. “Larry was right.” He supported Trump

and yet:

Borges has increasingly been on the outs with the Ohio Republican Party establishment since it was taken over by devotees of President Donald Trump. He was recently censured by the party’s central committee, including for helping launch a PAC in June to turn out GOP voters for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden. Borges’ attorney declined to comment.

Seems Trump was a great choice until he realized that he might be part of the swamp and Trump may actually do something about that part. But campaigning for Biden sure doesn't seem like something nice for Trump at this point.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The article I posted was about Larry Householder who is the Ohio Speaker of the House mentioned in the Original Post.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Glorious!

Now onto the rest of them!

I fully believe we should audit our politicians regularly, with a rotating cast of auditors to not allow for complacency or corruption. We should also toss out lobbyist. If a company wants to appeal to DC, they should have to do it via the American public, plain and simple.

Hell yea! maybe an outside group with the power to recommend charges. And term limits.......bwahahahahahaha!!!

I tickle myself. These assholes will never vote for anything that limits their ability to have a career sucking the tit of the taxpayer.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

The article I posted was about Larry Householder who is the Ohio Speaker of the House mentioned in the Original Post.

He isn't the only person mentioned in the op.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join