It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday I posted about China, yet I never said why. big news on this side of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well, here you go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and by the way Hong Kong is facing a total lockdown. I don't have the update on it now. Whats App may not be getting through at the moment.
Any of you here have Whats App and chat with your friends in Hong Kong...

This total lock down is just that, one can not leave its residences even for food. If this is true, not going to go over well with the people there.

Americans are being misled about the dangers of Chines aggression here in Asia.

Stay tune for more updates.

our member 747sky (something like that ) is more likely to give a better update what is taking place.

Here is Hong Kong news: At the scene, police are intensifying crackdowns due to the enforcement of laws, such as the dispatch of hundreds of armed police officers to dozens of citizens who gathered.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

180,000 civil servants are all working from home now as they enter a new lockdown phase. Convenient for the CCP as now they have even more reasons to arrest anyone for a CCP trumped up charge. youtu.be...

600 cases in the last two weeks youtu.be...

edit on 727ndk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Once named in the same breath as Taiwan and Singapore as an early example of successful virus control, Hong Kong is now in the midst of a worsening outbreak of the coronavirus, with no sign of it slowing down.

Hong Kong residents had been living with reduced pandemic-related restrictions in recent months. But in the past two weeks the region has recorded more than 500 new cases, over 400 of them local.

About 40% have an unknown source and the majority are not imported – a stark inverse in the proportions seen the last time Hong Kong experienced a sudden rise in cases.

On Monday, more than a third of the 73 new cases reported came from an unknown source. It followed a record 108 new cases – 83 local transmissions – reported by the centre for health protection on Saturday.

Of Saturday’s 83 local transmissions, 48 – including taxi drivers and a food market worker – were unsourced. According to data from the Hong Kong University School of Medicine, there was also now a higher proportion of older people, who were more likely to die of the virus, among the confirmed cases.

A 94-year-old man died at Queen Elizabeth hospital at the weekend, becoming the 12th person in the territory to die of Covid-19.

The numbers are small compared with the US, Brazil, and the UK, and especially so considering its proximity to mainland China, the original source of the outbreak.

But while it was praised as an early success story, this new wave has panicked authorities.

“The situation is really severe and there are no signs this is getting under control,” the Hong Kong chief executive, Carrie Lam, said. “This outbreak involves many more clusters of different natures,” Lam said, noting that for the first time aged care homes are affected, and other clusters centred around restaurants, markets, and taxi drivers. It’s far more critical.”

www.theguardian.com...

This might have something to do with it. I wonder why they spiked all of a sudden?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We are now using the "15 minute saliva test" . Why won't America start using it?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

This might have something to do with it. I wonder why they spiked all of a sudden?

Sounds convenient that there's a "covid" outbreak at the same time China is trying hard to lock down any and all info from coming out about what they might be involved in.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Sounds convenient that there's a "covid" outbreak at the same time China is trying hard to lock down any and all info from coming out about what they might be involved in.

Yes, it is true. My friend there says they may not even leave to buy food or medicine. The outcome of all this is: all HK residents will have an ID card to travel freely in HK. Its now where if it weren't for tourist, HK would be a cashless society.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I'm starting to wonder if HK will be the powder keg for conflict. If China treat the Hong Kongers as they do anyone else who disagrees with them maybe other nations will intervene.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I'm starting to wonder if HK will be the powder keg for conflict. If China treat the Hong Kongers as they do anyone else who disagrees with them maybe other nations will intervene.

I don't know. My friend and his wife now won't talk on the net anything negative against the CCP. So we will see what happens. I don't the US Embassy in Hong Kong alerts of the US citizens there, but here I get the alerts for this country and its travel bans. If I hear about the consulates pulling out of Hong Kong, I'll post it. As of now, I think its best for anyone that has insight to get the hell out of Hong Kong.
In Japan, if I leave, I can not return . Americans are not permitted into Japan these days. (some restrictions apply)
This can happen to Hong Kong

I wonder how all the Philippino maids there are taking this. Hope they saved some money to fly back home.
edit on 0700000026022020-07-22T01:02:26-05:00022607am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

...This might have something to do with it. I wonder why they spiked all of a sudden?

Because statistician rhymes with magician ?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Do you mean you can't return just because of covid? I have some insights to Japan, I've been there and my brother has lived there for many years and is now married to a Japanese girl. I do know he will never to be able to get citizenship and fears for his child having a foreign surname- when that child.is conceived and born that is
edit on 2272020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Do you mean you can't return just because of covid? I have some insights to Japan, I've been there and my brother has lived there for many years and is now married to a Japanese girl. I do know he will never to be able to get citizenship and fears for his child having a foreign surname- when that child.is conceived and born that is

Japan has banned many countries to enter. All foreign flights that can bring in foreigners are directed to Tokyo's 2 airports.
Yes, Americans are banned from entering Japan . Let me see if I have proof. Hold on.

I have it on my email, but it won't allow me to copy and past.

Specific examples ofcaseswherepermission forre-entrymay begranted due to beingspecial exceptional circumstancescorresponding toindividual situationin relation to the measures fordenial of landing relatingto prevention of the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)As of June 12, 2020Regarding the novelcoronavirus (COVID-19) infection, which is spreading throughout the world, for the time being, the Minister of Justicewill be denying permission for landing to foreign nationals,who have a record of staying in certain countries orregions, etc.due to comingunder Article 5, paragraph (1), item (xiv) of the Immigration Control and RefugeeRecognition Act, unless specialexceptionalcircumstancesexist.With regard to foreign nationals who departed from Japan with a re-entry permit, foreign nationals who possess the status of residence of “Permanent Resident”, “Spouse or Child of Japanese National”, “Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident” or “Long-Term Resident” (including the spouse of a Japanese national or a child of a Japanese nationalwho does not possess these statuses of residence) and departed from Japan with a re-entry permit (including a special re-entry permit) for a country or region prior to such country or region of stay becoming an area subject to denial of landing,shall be permitted re-entry due to there beingspecial exceptionalcircumstances, and in addition, re-entry may also be permitted if there are special exceptionalcircumstancescorresponding to the individualsituation such as the need for special humanitarian consideration.The following are specific examples of cases wherere-entry may be permitted depending on individual situation
edit on 0700000019282020-07-22T01:28:19-05:00281907am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

There are people who returned home to a foreign country to visit relatives or for a death in their family who have not been able to be reunited with their families all over Asia and many other countries. In other words you are born in the USA and returned home for whatever reason. You are married and a resident in a different country. International flights are severely restricted or are not accepted by the country where your wife and kids are. I know of people who have been trying to get back to their homes and families in S.E. Asia for over 6 months..

On a positive side 68 million people with only 59 deaths total and less than 4000 cases (almost all recovered) is not a bad score card in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic The US dollar has collapsed China invested it's money now it wants it back,who knows what deals were cut think this is a show,we are the new China

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: musicismagic The US dollar has collapsed China invested it's money now it wants it back,who knows what deals were cut think this is a show,we are the new China

Yep, today the Japanese yen is at 106 per US dollar. Not good for my American Social Security check.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Americans are being misled about the dangers of Chines aggression here in Asia.

I think it's high time to get off your asses over there and clean up your OWN block and stop whining for other countries on the other side of the planet to do it.

IOW, too bad, so sad, DIY.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

America is using it. Trump praised it though so the media immediately demonized it and liberals hate it now. No. Not a joke.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

USD is stronger against the yuan than it was a year ago. How did it collapse?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It was 106 last August too.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
More evidence coming that proves the corona-virus is a low grade bio weapon and was/is being strategically released in the chosen areas especially pro-American places 🤬🛑

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

But this can't be right.

Everyone there wears a mask religiously and we all know that the answer to beating COVID is wearing a mask.

*SARCASM ALERT*

top topics

join