It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon wrapped chipotle chicken breasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't know, it's something I whipped up just now and put in the oven.

I started by making a marinade out of apple cider vinegar, worchestershire sauce, black pepper, and garlic. I don't know the exact portions because I poured them into a bowl and stirred it up, then I put it in a ziploc bag with 1.5lbs of chicken breast for an hour to soften up the meat.

Then, I diced half of a red onion. I rubbed the chicken breasts with Taco Bell chipotle sauce, it's like a chipotle ranch, it's pretty good. Then, I wrapped the chicken breasts (3) with about 8oz of bacon, three slices for each. I applied more chipotle sauce ontop of the bacon, rubbed that in, then sprinkled the onion ontop of the breasts, wrapped in bacon.

I put it in the oven, uncovered, at 375 fahrenheit, and will cook it for 30-40 minutes, broiling at the end to crispen up the bacon. I'm serving it with a mix of green beans and garlic shell pasta. I'll post a picture of it when it's finished.
edit on 21-7-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Chef Overkill presents:

Bone apple tea 😲 Es ist muy wunderbar. Magnifico 👌 The breast is al dente.

Something to do with the bacon juices and the vinegar based marinade turning the chicken into something moist and tasty, not that it wasn't already.

Chicken bacon spicy ranch is definitely a thing indeed 🤔
edit on 22-7-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Try melted habanero jack cheese for an added kick:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Nice! From your ingredient list and the finished pic I can tell they were good. I'll have to give it a whirl myself.

And, yeah, those little weirdo savages look like they might have eclectic tastes.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Good way to tie in the onions.

Try stuffing those bad boys with raspberry cream cheese
Sounds gross, but it's insane with the spicy bacon wrapped chicken.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Nice! From your ingredient list and the finished pic I can tell they were good. I'll have to give it a whirl myself.

And, yeah, those little weirdo savages look like they might have eclectic tastes.

I recommend worchestershire with chicken, marinade and when you cook it, either but not always. Depending on what you're pairing it with and if you're using a sauce. Goes well with barbeque or by itself, but lemon/lime juice and olive oil is better for anything "Italian", if using parmesan and tomato basically. Ingredients listed on barbeque sauce always has vinegar in the first spot and worchestershire is vinegar based.

Tomato is sweet, so you want the chicken to be acidic. If no tomato sauce, worchestershire makes it sweet and acidic from the vinegar.

Oh yeah, them.

They requested the pic be removed but they're asleep right now and will never know that I re-submitted it.

Brother and sister. The boy on the left will eat pretty much anything, even an occasional slice of raw onion or hot banana pepper ring. He likes plain lettuce, the stem pieces I throw out when making salad and raw red cabbage.

The female is a very picky eater and approaches anything I make with caution. She smells it thoroughly and can tell if anything is spicy or has vinegar in it. She hunts and eats flying insects. If there's a fly or a gnat, she gets obsessed with it and gets on her hind legs to get it if it flies low enough. It makes sense considering what chihuahuas supposedly eat in the "wild", although they're so heavily bred that I doubt they've ever been in the wild.

The Toltec/Aztec dog they were bred from maybe. I have a fenced in yard and they'll chew up any downed bird, moles etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Yeah, I thought the Worcestershire was a good touch and suggested you knew what you were doing. It's very underrated these days imo. Most folk wouldn't even know it was in the mix but would notice the extra flavor it brings to the experience.

I did not know that chihuahuas in the wild had such an interesting diet. I get a kick out of winning friends hyper & suspicious chihuahuas over. Not an easy task and I have failed a time or two, but generally they find me fascinatingly weird too and eventually come around lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Looks great. Try it in a smoker next time. 225 degrees for about 2.5 hours (more or less...if you go by temp, pull at 160).

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
In trying times like these it does my heart good to see "bacon" in a thread title.

new topics

top topics

join