It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Chicago?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Only if the wall of moms were bold enough to march where they are really needed...

‘I wanted to take action’: behind the ‘Wall of Moms’ protecting Portland’s protesters
Hundreds of mothers have attended demonstrations and stood as a human barricade between protesters and federal officers

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I guess Sharpton, Jackson and farrakhan are all busy huh?

Best of luck to those fed troops.

They'll quickly learn that the residents of these areas know just 2 sentences. "I di'int see nuffin" and "Wussn't me"

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The residents that would be terrorized by the Federal troups would be the people who commit crimes. I suppose those kind of criminal people are the friends of the Mayor. She is trying to protect the wrong people

Chicago is a major northern distribution hub for the Mexican cartels. She is probably on the payroll from one or more cartels I joke not.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Beetlejuice said Trump is not doing anything so the violence is his fault, then he offers and she refused. You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

Want to know if black lives matter, look and see if they are politically useful to progressives.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Twitter is supressing mamy tweets, infact, the amount of tweets giving her crap are massive, with a few leftist tweets sprinkled in.

I believe these people will be voted out as a closer look at Chicago may reveal why Dems have been in power for so long, I truly don't believe Chicago goes out in droves to vote, no, I think it's a nom functioning city that needs to be CLEANSED.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So wheres all those Black Panthers that wanted to pick a fight in an empty park? Did the one guy not get down on his knees and say no more were going to die?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

The residents that would be terrorized by the Federal troups would be the people who commit crimes. I suppose those kind of criminal people are the friends of the Mayor. She is trying to protect the wrong people

Chicago is a major northern distribution hub for the Mexican cartels. She is probably on the payroll from one or more cartels I joke not.

I believe it. Most people at this point are for legalization of drugs. A plan like Portugal’s decriminalization of drugs. Makes you wonder why politicians don’t want to take action that would impact the profit margin of the drug cartels?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Notice how the concerted efforts of many Democrat Mayors is following the same script !!

All at their own taxpayers and voters' expense !!

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

So my questions are, Can Trump veto or something? What if he just flips the bird at Chicago leaders and sends troops anyway?

What does the law say?

10 USC § 252:

Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.

10 USC § 253 is a bit more specific:

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—
    (1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.

Someone is going to bring up Posse Comitatus. That is 18 USC § 1385:

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Both 10 USC § 252 and 10 USC §253 are "Acts of Congress"; therefore 18 USC § 1385 does not apply.

Short answer: Yes, he can, when and if he chooses, using whatever forces he chooses. Lightfoot can complain, but she can't do a damn thing to stop Trump from enforcing laws she cannot. If she tries, she can be arrested under 18 USC § 111:

(a) In General.—Whoever—
    (1) forcibly assaults, resists, opposes, impedes, intimidates, or interferes with any person designated in section 1114 of this title while engaged in or on account of the performance of official duties; or

(2) forcibly assaults or intimidates any person who formerly served as a person designated in section 1114 on account of the performance of official duties during such person’s term of service,
shall, where the acts in violation of this section constitute only simple assault, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both, and where such acts involve physical contact with the victim of that assault or the intent to commit another felony, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

(b) Enhanced Penalty.—
Whoever, in the commission of any acts described in subsection (a), uses a deadly or dangerous weapon (including a weapon intended to cause death or danger but that fails to do so by reason of a defective component) or inflicts bodily injury, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

I believe if she were to attempt to use her police force to interfere, that would come under the "enhanced penalty" portion.

And yes, it applies to Trump, as well as any officer or employee of the US government, as per 18 USC § 1114:

Whoever kills or attempts to kill any officer or employee of the United States or of any agency in any branch of the United States Government (including any member of the uniformed services) while such officer or employee is engaged in or on account of the performance of official duties, or any person assisting such an officer or employee in the performance of such duties or on account of that assistance, shall be punished—
    (1) in the case of murder, as provided under section 1111;

(2) in the case of manslaughter, as provided under section 1112; or

(3) in the case of attempted murder or manslaughter, as provided in section 1113.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Okay i see... Very well-written reply

My 2 cents is that President Trump is willing to help Chicago, but "they" have told him not to... The same old recipe of "ordo ab chao" that tastes sweet like strawberries and whipped cream for the ruling elite, but for the common everyday citizen, it tastes like death.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Listen to how the mayor of Chicago treats here constituents:

twitter.com...

Couldn't you find an audio without Lightfoot's face showing?

I don't understand how she could still be in office there. The blue parts of this country are pathetic.

Pop quiz: Which one is the real Beetlejuice?

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

“Under no circumstances will I allow Donald Trump’s troops to come to Chicago and terrorize our residents," she wrote.

Your "residents" are already terrorizing each other.. Lightlamp

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
She will be reelected

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
It's those damned white peoples fault.

But seriously, if black lives matter then where is the protests, the outrage? Makes it hard to take black folk issues seriously, and probably why police treat them like animals.

It’s unfortunate that the black citizens who are against black on black crime get drowned out. I was hoping some more people would check out the Intellectual Roundtable Bret Weinstein held which I made a post about, because it was several black intellectuals discussing exactly these issues and it mirrors a lot of what is said on ATS and is the same content that alt-left/progressives claim is racists when it’s brought up.

This is the roundtable in the video below. I wish everyone who has input/questions regarding the current state of racism/black crime to give it a watch because it’s not at all what we’re hearing on MSM, it’s the opposite. It’s blacks holding blacks accountable for their decisions in regards to crime, poverty and racism and putting it forward in a constructive light, which I believe is the *only* way we’re going to make progress on the issues, rather than saying “We do this because white people hate us.”

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

The last mayor, Rahm Emmanuel, went to Mexico and "negotiated" with Mexican "officials" in 2018. Came back and made Chicago a sanctuary city.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Listen to how the mayor of Chicago treats here constituents:

twitter.com...

Couldn't you find an audio without Lightfoot's face showing?

I don't understand how she could still be in office there. The blue parts of this country are pathetic.

Pop quiz: Which one is the real Beetlejuice?

I honestly thought you guys were referring to Beetlejuice from the Stern show.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Except the Dems don't want to lose their economic slaves, so the media won't give it traction.
Instead, Hollywird will produce programming to reinforce old stereotypes.

a reply to: Drucifer

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Even without looking it up, I can recall Chicago mayors Emmanuel and Lightfoot turning down President Trump's offer of assistance 3 times.

It took yesterday's funeral home massacre to make Lightfoot change her mind....late yesterday evening.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I’m supportive of the Feds going through Chicago and doing something to stop the out of hand violence, however, I’m highly curious how they’re going to do this. It’s easy to go to Portland and see the rioters/looters destroying stuff and pulling them off the street, but in the case of Chicago’s gun violence, they’ll either have to flood the streets with Federal agents or luck out with being in the right place at the right time.

These agents are going to become automatic targets of drive by shootings, I have to assume.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join