It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell: 'I wish her well'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What Trump meant was: if Maxwell gives us what we want, she will be well.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

But that would just be conformation as to what's already suspected, or even found out, then covered up, time and time again.

Maxwell telling us all that the water is wet is one thing.

If real proof/evidence materializes and manages to sink the rest of the dirty wrong'yins at the top of the pyramid, i will be rather surprised if in honest.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

Thank you Capt. Obvious.

Tell the truth, the only reason you wrote that was to use the word 'paramount' in a sentence. C'mon you can tell us.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite
Shall President Trump wish her what happened to Epstein or...well??

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Or maybe he should have just said that he has every faith in the American judicial system and justice will be served.

It's not hard really.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Or maybe he should have just said that he has every faith in the American judicial system and justice will be served.

It's not hard really.

"I wish her well" could also be construed as a sarcastic statement, as in " I wish her well in hell".

I have a few questions for you should you dare to answer.

Do you have faith in the American justice system?

Do you think justice was served with Epstein?

To answer these questions is "not hard really".

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Why wouldn't I 'dare answer'?

Again, people supposing to intepret what Trump 'might' have meant to say or imply.
He said what he said, comprehension of the English language is not one of the many things I struggle to understand.

I'm not President of The United States of America.

If he has no faith in the American judicial system then it really needs to be scrapped and compeltely overhauled.

Was justice served with Epstein?
Not according to your judicial system but I certainly shed no tears when I heard he was dead.
But I'd have preferred if he'd revealed all he knew about those involved with him before he'd died.....or maybe he did and that's why he is no longer with us?
Who knows?
So I guess it was a kind of justice.

I don't have to put any sort of faith in the US judicial system.....you'd expect POTUS to though, wouldn't you?

Of course it wasn't hard to answer those questions.

Why is it hard to accept that Trump gave a straight forward answer to a straight forward question and he actually meant what he said?.....and if he didn't one has to really wonder just why he was incapable of doing so or unwilling to do.

edit on 25/7/20 by Freeborn because: Grammar: running scared of the grammar Nazi's!

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We should all shed a tear about what happened to Epstein. Epstein was the cockroach in your kitchen that you saw and killed before he could show us where all his friends live. I’m sure hundreds of monsters in powerful positions over you and me were saved the day he died.

If you want an honest Trump supporter’s opinion without claiming I’m in a cult, this is what I really think:
Trump was put on the spot. The subject involves one of the most important court cases since our countries founding.
Anything he says can and will be used against him by the media so he tried to be diplomatic and failed because it’s not natural to him. Yes, he could have given a more reassuring answer including the one you came up with, but we’re just playing armchair quarterback. How many times have you wished you said something a little better?

If we really thought he was wishing her to beat the trial, we would be just as upset. We have children.
The whole world knows she’s fvcked especially Trump and in all actuality probably won’t survive until the trial.

This Epstein crap has been going on for decades. Obama could have stopped it, Bush could have stopped it, Clinton could have stopped it. Epstein got busted under Trumps watch. Maxwell could be free in France forever right now, but she was played. Think about that for a second.

Did you believe Trump when he said he hasn’t been keeping up with the case? If not, why would you believe him when he said “I wish her well”.

This is what I really think. If that means I’m licking Trumps boots, so be it.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't have to put any sort of faith in the US judicial system.....you'd expect POTUS to though, wouldn't you?

I don’t think Trump has any faith in any of our systems after what he has been through. The Mueller report alone was enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Is Epstein not dead?

Just a thought, but any justice he receives will need to be from a higher power than the American justice system.

As to where this will all go with Maxwell and any sort of real justice being dealt where her part in all this is concerned, well that remains to be seen.
edit on 25-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Is Epstein not dead?

Just a thought, but any justice he receives will need to be from a higher power than the American justice system.

As to where this will all go with Maxwell and any sort of real justice being dealt where heer part in all this is concerned remains to be seen.

I think you missed my point.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite
If Trump was involved with the case what would he be legally allowed to say?

Are his comments proof of involvement in a case or proof of guilt in a case.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't know Alien Abduct kind of hard to issue justice at the best of times in this world nevermind the next.

The point I'm attempting to illustrate is the people that Maxwell may implicate dance between the raindrops of justice as easily as you or i put on a pair of socks.

"They" own entire nations and monetary systems, where at the end of the day, monies talks, and justice is lucky if she still has the legs to carry her.

There is a reason as to why she's blind, and it's sure as hell not the one supplied.
edit on 25-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

We should all shed a tear about what happened to Epstein.

I'll never shed a tear over any nonce dying regardless of the circumstances.
Of course it would have been preferable if he'd told the authorities all his secrets but sometimes we've just got to take the small wins and hope everything pans out ok in the future.

I’m sure hundreds of monsters in powerful positions over you and me were saved the day he died.

I'm absolutely certain of that, let's just hope your law enforcement agencies can get to the bottom of this.

For as long as I can remember there have been rumours of a long standing paedophile ring in Westminster with some very famous and powerful people involved.
A recent inquiry into child sex abuse concluded that there was no evidence to support this.

I don't doubt for one minute that this is a complete crock of # and that this was just a whitewashing exercise and that those involved are still carrying out their horrific practices with total impunity.

If you want an honest Trump supporter’s opinion without claiming I’m in a cult, this is what I really think:

I try to treat everyone as I find them free from any pre-conceived perception or bias.

Trump was put on the spot.

Which he is every single day - same as every modern day POTUS - and if he wasn't expecting any questions about her well he really must be either a complete moron, the most ill informed person ever to enter politics or the most naive person I've ever come across.
Considering his well known links to her he must surely have been prepped and primed to answer that question.

How many times have you wished you said something a little better?

At least once a day.

But I'm not The President of The United States of America and have never been so arrogant as to think I'm either capable or suitable for any sort of public office.

One would expect the single most powerful person in the entire world to be capable of holding his tongue and thinking before speaking a damn sight more than Trump does.
You seem like an intelligent and reasoned individual, surely you recognise his constant failure to think before speaking, his oh so frequent foot-in-mouthism's and his inability to learn from previous mistakes and mis-speaks etc?

I'm not one of those going round saying Trump was involved with these paedophiles.
I think that he probably had a good idea back in the day what was going on but all available evidence seems to suggest his personal preferences ran/run to more mature types.

I don't see anyone rushing to defend or befriend Maxwell so I doubt any of those damned leftists many on here seem to detest so much would criticise Trump if he disavowed her and put his faith in your judicial system.

He's leaving himself wide open to criticism at present and I honestly don't understand why he would do so, it makes no sense whatsoever.

edit on 25/7/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree with all of that.
But there’s a reason why the qualifications to run for President are so easy to meet. The average person would make a decent president if they could keep from being corrupted. Our founding fathers were so brilliant they set up a system of government that runs itself as long as you follow the instructions. Or so I was taught. Of course I’ve never been in the Oval Office.
Yes Trump says things that make me cringe sometimes. When he said Kung-flu at that last speech my first thought was “why did you do that, you know they’re going to crucify you for that”.
But I also believe he’s under-rated as a strategist.
But I digress....
For too long we’ve focused on what a president is “supposed” to say. Political Correctness will be our undoing. . Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-This whole era may as well been ruled by the same king.
Maybe Trump supporters take up for him so much because we know how lucky we were to dodge another Clinton and we refuse to go back to the way it was. I think that’s why I do.
edit on 25-7-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Maybe Trump supporters take up for him so much because we know how lucky we were to dodge another Clinton and we refuse to go back to the way it was.

No one is going back to "the way it was" We are starting a trip into the "New Normal" but it won't be the Normal you remember. And it will be trumps fault, not Clintons.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think Frankie illustrates the point rather aptly.

Your side of the pond not being that different from overhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Maybe Trump supporters take up for him so much because we know how lucky we were to dodge another Clinton and we refuse to go back to the way it was.

No one is going back to "the way it was" We are starting a trip into the "New Normal" but it won't be the Normal you remember. And it will be trumps fault, not Clintons.

Ummm yeah, that’s exactly what I said. Don’t like how you said “fault” though.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I agree with all of that.

But there’s a reason why the qualifications to run for President are so easy to meet.

In theory maybe, but the reality is somewhat different.
Unless you are ridiculously wealthy and pander to major corporations, the military complex, the oil industry etc you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of running for President let alone being voted in by an electorate brainwashed into believing there is no alternative to the current bi-partisan two party system that is ripping your country apart.

The average person would make a decent president if they could keep from being corrupted.

Once over, but it seems to me that maybe nowadays people are just so dumbed down, switched off and/or indoctrinated into believing there are no alternatives.
I firmly support the 'question everything' mantra.....'accept everything' seems to be de rigueur today.

Don't get me wrong, it's exactly the same over here in the UK and most other countries as far as I'm aware.

Our founding fathers were so brilliant they set up a system of government that runs itself as long as you follow the instructions. Or so I was taught.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have taken into account money and power and the nefarious, corruptible and cancerous relationship between them and human nature.

Yes Trump says things that make me cringe sometimes.

Just sometimes.

A refreshing piece of honesty that many from both sides could learn from.

For too long we’ve focused on what a president is “supposed” to say.

I understand that not everything a POTUS says will always be to people's liking and their policies etc should depend to a large extent on their own world viewpoint but I think its reasonable to expect that regardless of political affiliation they should be considered and largely respectful in his utterances and speaches.
And his use of Twitter is simply embarrassing.

Political Correctness will be our undoing.......

On that we are in complete and total agreement.

Maybe Trump supporters take up for him so much because we know how lucky we were to dodge another Clinton......

That's no excuse for making excuse after excuse after excuse for the man.
That is just blind and wilful ignorance and if I'm being honest is pretty bloody lame.

I understand not wanting Hilary - and Joe Biden for that matter - but that's no excuse to turn a blind eye to all of Trump's failings.

We in the UK had absolutely appalling options at our last General Election back in December and I'm afraid to say your options aren't any better.
Coincidence or by design?

That leads us to the question: Who benefits?

edit on 26/7/20 by Freeborn because: Grammar: running scared of the grammar Nazi's!

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Never seen it summed up better.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join